IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Icon in the task bar

FAM10

Hi Scannan and Fam

As I remember it the original SmartDefrag ran a defrag on battery , but we argued that this was too dangerous and it has since been the default that it won't run a defrag on battery, regardless whether the icon is in the tray or not, I think. You have the ability to choose though.

I think we had a couple of users where we had to tell them that they had to reinstall their OS because something had happened when the power disappeared.

It is not all programs as such Scannan, just the defrag, while it can be dangerous if the defrag stops from lack of power, this goes for both unscheduled stops of power regardless if it is from the mains or from the battery.

The icon just sits there until you are ready to use defrag again because you again are connected to to mains power. So you do not need to close it, but if it bothers you to have it there while you cannot use it, then I suggest you close it.

I do not see it as a big or dangerous problem.

Cheers

solbjerg

Fam10

You are correct. You should be able to use the laptop on battery or mains without having to restart programs. I think that this issue can only be solved by Iobit, as we are talking about the interaction of the Iobit programs with the machine BIOS and windows power management. Hopefully Iobit will have some feedback soon.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

I want to comment that I have never had a response from Iobit Support of this matter related to the conditions of energy vs the icon in the task bar, and therefore the intermitent functioning of the SD depending on the type of energy feeding the PC. I will post it in Suggestions.

Hi FAM10,

As solbjerg said, we do not recommend users to defrag computer when using battery, because it may cause serious problem to your computer.

If you still want to do that, you can set Smart Defrag works when your computer uses battery by unticking Stop defragmenting while using battery.

Please do not forget to click Apply button after you change some settings.

Thanks in advance.

Archived