IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC V.6 Freezes XP. Can I go back to v.5?

tobaccoblender

Hope somebody can assist me....

I've just uninstalled my previous version of ASC Free and installed ASC 6.

It seems to put my whole computer under alot of stress, everything runs really slowley then XP freezes completely.

I uninstalled it and did a clean install- exactly the same results.

Is there some place I can download the previous version- or is there something I can do to cure it (I'm sceptical though, as I've often noticed newer releases of programs just become clonkier and turn into overbloated memory hogs eg the latest Zonealarm).

Cheers from sunny Italy

Thanks for the speedy reply!

Well no, I must confess I didn't check for old files relating to older versions, and have just done so. There were files for ASC 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6!

So I uninstalled v6 again, then went and deleted every ASC file that I was allowed to do, and re-installed v6........

But exactly the same problems... click on the smart scan button, computer whirrs, makes sound of very busy CPU, fan comes on full speed, CPU usage 95-100%, then the big freeze up!

I didn't mean to sound offensive with my remarks about bloated programs, but for us poor old folks with ageing computers, newer versions do frewquently offer new challenges to overcome!

Unless you've got anything else I can try (perhaps there's a software conflict between v.6 and something, that doesn't occur with v.5?), maybe I should just follow the link you provided and go back to v.5?

Cheers:-)

tobaccoblender, please try the Expert Mode and see at what stage the PC freezes.

Is it the same point that the PC freezes?

Probably you can't take a screenshot when it freezes, but, if you can remember, please post which section and on which item it freezes with as much informaation as possible.

Try it when the Avira Antivirus real-time protection is off.

Cheers.

Hi tobaccoblender

To be sure that we are talking about the same thing when discussing a Clean Install please read

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=39220

and all the links mentioned in the thread.

It is not always easy to remove all leftovers.

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks for the speedy reply!

Well no, I must confess I didn't check for old files relating to older versions, and have just done so. There were files for ASC 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6!

So I uninstalled v6 again, then went and deleted every ASC file that I was allowed to do, and re-installed v6........

But exactly the same problems... click on the smart scan button, computer whirrs, makes sound of very busy CPU, fan comes on full speed, CPU usage 95-100%, then the big freeze up!

I didn't mean to sound offensive with my remarks about bloated programs, but for us poor old folks with ageing computers, newer versions do frewquently offer new challenges to overcome!

Unless you've got anything else I can try (perhaps there's a software conflict between v.6 and something, that doesn't occur with v.5?), maybe I should just follow the link you provided and go back to v.5?

Cheers:-)

OK, here what happened:

Clicked on Expert mode

Clicked on Start Scan, with all the various operations to be performed, all checked

Then nothing changed for a couple of mins but the icon down in the system tray was kinda spinning around, suggesting activity

Then suddenly it jumped to the System Optimization progress bar (all the previous operations apparently having been scanned!) where it stuck for 6 mins on:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\current control\set\services\TCPIP\parameters

Then suddenly went straight to Disk Defrag and as before all the other intermediate processes having been performed ie security defense, disk scan, vulnerability fix, as they were all checked.

Then went to new r/h screen saying Attention, 2691 problems found.

I clicked on "Repair".

Went dead for 4 mins approx then new r/h screen part showing progress bar for disk defragging, but stuck on:

C:\windows\system 32\drivers\fidbox.dat

And it's been stuck there ever since (over 10 mins)...but at least this time the computer hasn't crashed.

Is that lot any help?

Hi tobaccoblender

Ok - it doesn't look normal.

But of course it also depends on your settings

All leftovers should be deleted when doing a Clean Install also those that you cannot delete.

Please check that you have closed down the automatic functions you may have running in the program before you do the uninstallng with IObit uninstaller if the program isn't shut down it will not remove the items needed for the automatic functions.

Did you try the Forced uninstall?

I just ran the expert mode by me - it took about 7-8 minutes for all except the DiskDefrag, for which I use SmartDefrag

Vulnerability took about 3 minutes and so did Disk scan.

Malware removal about 1 min and registry fix about 1 minute too.

The rest a few seconds each.

I do not use the boost functions and I do not use the deep cleaning.

Cheers

solbjerg

OK, here what happened:

Clicked on Expert mode

Clicked on Start Scan, with all the various operations to be performed, all checked

Then nothing changed for a couple of mins but the icon down in the system tray was kinda spinning around, suggesting activity

Then suddenly it jumped to the System Optimization progress bar (all the previous operations apparently having been scanned!) where it stuck for 6 mins on:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\current control\set\services\TCPIP\parameters

Then suddenly went straight to Disk Defrag and as before all the other intermediate processes having been performed ie security defense, disk scan, vulnerability fix, as they were all checked.

Then went to new r/h screen saying Attention, 2691 problems found.

I clicked on "Repair".

Went dead for 4 mins approx then new r/h screen part showing progress bar for disk defragging, but stuck on:

C:\windows\system 32\drivers\fidbox.dat

And it's been stuck there ever since (over 10 mins)...but at least this time the computer hasn't crashed.

Is that lot any help?

Hi tobaccoblender,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please try steps below to solve this issue:

1. Open the Advanced SystemCare v6>>click on the rescue icon at the top right corner>>click Rescue all Internet Boost changes.

2. Download the PluginInstall.zip from http://wikisend.com/download/875856/PluginInstall.zip and extract it. Run the PluginInstall.exe and click Uninstall button.

3. After the uninstallation finished, make sure to reboot your computer. Then scan and repair with the Advanced SystemCare v6 to see whether the problem exists.

No matter whether the issue is fixed or not, please download the tool from: http://wikisend.com/download/962376/InfoHelper.exe. Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. After that, there will be the zipped file ASC6_Info_File.zip on your desktop. Please send it to us so that we can further look into the issue.

Thank you very much.

Hi Cicely

Ok, I did exactly as you instructed.

Installed the plug-in and ran ASC,

It didn't go well in as much as the process stalled frequently then would eventually get going, then an error message started appearing (I managed to get a screenshot which I've attached as a jpeg).

This kept cycling and caused my computer to freak out completely- to shut her down I had to pull the power plug!

I've also attached the report as you requested.

If the attachments don't appear, let me know and I'll try again to attach them.

Cheers

Paddy

ASC6 Pro Upgrade Freezes

ASC6 Pro Upgrade Freezes

Win XP SP3

Sony Vaio VGN AX580G (2006 17" Laptop)

I upgraded to ASC6, but it would not work, so I uninstalled it and

reinstalled ASC5. It's ok now. Do not send ASC6 Updates to WIN XP USERS!

ASC v6 hangs on XP 6.0.8.170

Similar problem being reported. Happy user for years across many versions. Version 6.0.8.170 was installed and now the program either hangs in XP or becomes unresponsive. Have uninstalled and reinstalled 3x. I will follow the advice of the forum; however, wanted to mention, since it is a new version, that it caused a problem. ASC Pro/licensed user.

Am having no other problems w/ my T410 Lenovo.

Symptom is either I click scan and it becomes stuck in step 1 or2 in expert mode (stuck on a file, not always the same one); or, screen becomes unresponsive (click on an item such as 'scan' and nothing happens). Will follow the directions in the forum and report back.

Hi blm,

Our engineers work out a demo. Please follow the instructions below to test the demo.

1. Download our demo at http://wikisend.com/download/531798/ASC_Demo.zip and then extract ASC_Demo.exe from it.

2. Put ASC_Demo.exe into your program installation folder. To open the installation directory, please right click on the ASC v6 icon on desktop and then select Open File Folder.

3. Exit ASC v6

4. Open the installation directory of v6 again and then check whether there is ASC_Log.txt there. If there is, please delete it.

5. Double click ASC_Demo.exe in the installation folder to run it to see how it works.

6. If the problem remains, please find the newly generated ASC_Log.txt and send it to us for further check.

Thanks in advance.

ASC Demo Log

Hello Cicely

I did as requested and clicked on a few radio buttons and it became unresponsive (clicking on icons such as 'scan' does nothing apparent).

Attached is the file.

I then canceled out and re-ran it and this is the contents of the file:

13:57:16 572: Deselect Disk Defragment

13:57:17 275: Select Disk Defragment

13:57:18 243: Deselect Disk Defragment

13:57:19 025: Deselect Disk Scan

13:57:19 634: Select Disk Defragment

13:57:20 243: Select Disk Scan

13:58:06 822: ScanClick Begin

13:58:06 822: ModuleToScan: Malware Removal; Registry Fix; Privacy Sweep; Junk Files Clean; Shortcuts Fix; Registry Defrag; System Optimization; Security Defense; Disk Scan; Vulnerability Fix; Disk Defragment;

13:58:06 853: CreateDetailComponent

13:58:06 915: Begin Scan

Hi blm,

Our engineers have improved this demo. Please follow the instructions below to test the demo.

1. Download our demo at http://wikisend.com/download/469610/ASC_Demo.exe.

2. Put ASC_Demo.exe into the program installation folder of v6. To open the installation directory, please right click on the ASC v6 icon on desktop and then select Open File Folder.

3. Exit ASC v6.

4. Double click ASC_Demo.exe in the installation folder to run it to see how it works.

Thanks in advance.

Slightly different symptoms this time. The program gets a bit furhter than before, but then a crash dialog box appears. I clicked 'restart app' several times and the interesting thing is the program runs, but if I press Alt-Tab to switch to something else, it tends to crash at that exact moment. I tried it 4-5 times and it was a bit inconsistent, but, in general there was a correlation of alt-tab and then a crash. I also tried to simply let it run, but it hung within a few seconds on a file. Attached is the bug/dump.

I have also been a long time user but after installing V6 Pro I've encountered same problems and tried fixes as stated in this forum. At first it worked fine. I could see the progress as it would do all of its scans and then I'd click on the "repair" button and go about my business when it was done.

Then yesterday I got the freeze problem that others are talking about in this forum. I'd open up v6 from my menubar and the main SystmeCare screen would appear but after clicking on "scan" it would freeze on the first scan. My computer light would blink for awhile but when I would go and try to click on any other button...nothing! I am not a happy camper here. I loved my earlier versions and I paid money every year for my subscription.

Hi myambrosia, welcome to the IObit Forum! :grin:

Is your ASC6 version 6.0.8.170 ?

If not please download it from Advanced SystemCare 6.0.8.170 is available. thread and try if it helps.

I hope you have installed your last ASC6 with Clean Install method. If not, please use the method for the new installation.

Cheers.

For the 3rd time I deleted, cleaned, re-installed and still I have problems with this program. It worked just fine for a few days and now it has various screen freezes. The only program that I've downloaded since getting my new version 6 is Miscrosoft Silverlight to view Netflix. And that program should not be the problem. I firmly believe there is a bug in this new version 6 somewhere. In all of the years I have been using this program I have never ever had one little problem with it until I upgraded to version 6. And as I stated, it worked fine until yesterday November 7, 2012.

I have a business to run and this has taken up way more time to try and fix and I am about to delete it for good and get something else.

Is your ASC6 version 6.0.8.170 ?

I hope you have installed your last ASC6 with Clean Install method. If not, please use the method for the new installation.

Cheers.

For the 3rd time I deleted, cleaned, re-installed and still I have problems with this program. It worked just fine for a few days and now it has various screen freezes. The only program that I've downloaded since getting my new version 6 is Miscrosoft Silverlight to view Netflix. And that program should not be the problem. I firmly believe there is a bug in this new version 6 somewhere. In all of the years I have been using this program I have never ever had one little problem with it until I upgraded to version 6. And as I stated, it worked fine until yesterday November 7, 2012.

I have a business to run and this has taken up way more time to try and fix and I am about to delete it for good and get something else.

Since I don't get an answer to my question(s), perhaps Cicely will reply you.

All the best and cheers.

All the best and cheers.

I'm sorry. Sorry about that. I know you're only trying to help me with this major headache. First off, I do have the latest update 6.0.8.170. And secondly, yes to a complete clean install method.

When I open system care a screen does pop up, as it should. I go to click on scan and then the screen freezez. In other word it doesn't go to the actual screen where it use to show me it was working. I know it does work sometimes becasue my hard drive does blink, but not always. And there are also times, after many, many minutes, where I will get a new screen that pops up letting me know about all of the errors, if any that is, that it found. However, when I go to click on "repair" nothing happens.

I pretty much have the same problems as some of the members are talking about in this forum.

EDIT: No problem myambrosia, Cicely already took the control, please follow her! :-D

Hi myambrosia... belated welcome to the forums.

Perhaps there is a misunderstanding? myambrosia's join date is Nov. 8th, 2012. (and has only posted recently)

By Enoskype:

I don't see the questions... thanks Enoskype! (I didn't look at the addresses and only assume this is a newer member/poster).

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

EDIT:

Thanks God, at least myambrosia understood my question "Is your ASC6 version 6.0.8.170 ?"! :-P

And the questionable act of "deleting, cleaning, re-installing" against Clean Install !!!!!! ;-)

We are very sorry for the inconvenience. Please kindly follow the steps below to help us look into it.

1) Please right click on Advanced SystemCare icon in the system tray to exit your running Advanced SystemCare.

2) Download our demo from http://wikisend.com/download/900728/ASC_Demo.exe.

3) Put ASC_Demo.exe into the program installation folder of v6. To open the installation folder, please right click on the ASC v6 icon on desktop and then select Open File Folder.

4) Double click on the ASC_Demo.exe to run it. If it is in the Simplified Mode, please click on the Smart Scan button and Simplified Mode button on the top of the main interface to switch to Expert Mode to see how it works. If it is in the Expert Mode, please click on the text Care, Toolbox, Turbo Boost and Scan button under Care to see how it works. (Note: Please just double click on the ASC_Demo.exe to run it instead of clicking on the shortcut of ASC. It's very important.)

5) If problem remains, please find and zip the ASCFeedback folder which is generated under the installation folder of v6. Then send the zipped file to us for further check.

Thanks in advance!

Archived