IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

After full auto clean windows XP won't load

Pstar

After a full system auto clean when the computer is turned on I think there is a warning a file is missing or corrupted and the screen automatically goes to the safemode screen but the screen is frozen and safemose is not an option. I'm going off of an extremely irrate wife's version of the current events as she just blasted me me over the phone as I am at work. I downloaded this last week along with the Defrag and malware fighter programs. I have used all three several times with no known issues. I'm trying to get some feedback today before I go home tonight and face the laptop and my wife. Don't which I dread more. Any feedback would be appreciated.

It would be helpful to know which of the utilities in ASC were selected and run?

When you determine which utility caused the problem, be sure to check the Settings for that one.

To make sure the settings are configured for your computer's software.

Note - Only Needed utilities 'Should' be run,

since some of them can make major changes to the computer,

such as delete or disable needed files, if not careful

Also, do Not Auto-load or Auto-run those until you Know what they do

and do not run other data changing programs while ASC is running in background

I ran a sweep in the simplied mode.

Malware removal-registry fix-privacy sweep-junk file clean-short cut fix.

I suspect if I can get into Safe Mode I can either restore the clean data through the program or go back to an earier restore point via sustem restore, no?

How can I get my safe mode working or get into system restore? I have a HP compaq presario notebook running XP and SP-3. Thanks.

Sorry, I'm still using version 5.4 so it would be best to wait for someone using 6,

to help with further suggestions.

I don't want to give directions that may not be correct for 6.

Most of the website Admins are on the other side of the world, so they should be awake soon.

And I think one or two of them still have XP.

Hi pladecalvo.

I guess thats why millions of people download and use the products successfully and only a miniscule percentage post here for help??! :shock:

C'mon people! It must be pretty clear to you bods by now. ASC DOESN'T WORK!!
C'mon pladecalvo... it's pretty clear "to my bod" that ASC isn't working for you... but instead of solving you are bashing?

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

I guess thats why millions of people download and use the products successfully and only a miniscule percentage post here for help??! :shock:

C'mon pladecalvo... it's pretty clear "to my bod" that ASC isn't working for you... but instead of solving you are bashing?

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

It's clearly not working for a lot of people Mel. These boards tell the story! I don't mean to 'bash' but clearly, there are major issues here. People's computers are getting screwed....mine included.

Hi pladecalvo

The thing that I find a bit problematic is the advertising claim of a "one click solution". It is not quite true.

Especially when you start to use the program where you need to set it up to work flawlessly on your own machine.

After the settings have been chosen correctly for your machine and preferences the "one click solution" claim is fairly true.

Running the toolbox also pre-supposes that the user knows what he is doing. I almost never use it on my own machine, (no reason to) but have it on a usb-stick if some friends need a hand.

But most users seem to set it up so that they have no problems - given that more than 100 million uses the IObit Products.

Cheers

solbjerg

It's clearly not working for a lot of people Mel. These boards tell the story! I don't mean to 'bash' but clearly, there are major issues here. People's computers are getting screwed....mine included.

The thing that I find a bit problematic is the advertising claim of a "one click solution". It is not quite true.

Especially when you start to use the program where you need to set it up to work flawlessly on your own machine.

Princely old chap! It needs to take into consideration that there are idiots like me out there that just want to click and have their machine maintained. If this is not possible then the product should come with some kind of warning like.....

WARNING.

This product requires a high level of computer literacy and could well ***** up your computer if you are not absolutely sure of what you are doing.!! :shock: :lol:

Running the toolbox also pre-supposes that the user knows what he is doing.
In a nutshell old bean!! I mean...if the programme itself doesn't know that deleting certain files will render a programme like Exel unusable...what chance do people like me have when it comes to removing files?? It definitely needs an 'Idiot' mode.

Hi pladecalvo

I am afraid that catering to the least knowledgeable customers would

make the program rather useless for the majority of the users. :-)

There is no way around settings I think, every computer and user are different.

There are some warnings and explanations, but perhaps not enough - also perhaps the amount has gone a bit down with the new ASC 6?

And do not downgrade yourself - at least you seem to have come through the transition from XP to Win 7 unscathed? :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Princely old chap! It needs to take into consideration that there are idiots like me out there that just want to click and have their machine maintained. If this is not possible then the product should come with some kind of warning like.....

WARNING.

This product requires a high level of computer literacy and could well ***** up your computer if you are not absolutely sure of what you are doing.!! :shock: :lol:

In a nutshell old bean!! I mean...if the programme itself doesn't know that deleting certain files will render a programme like Exel unusable...what chance do people like me have when it comes to removing files?? It definitely needs an 'Idiot' mode.

...at least you seem to have come through the transition from XP to Win 7 unscathed? :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Actually, I had no problem at all with that!! Bear in mind that I grew up with 'MS‑DOS' and then 'Windows1, 2 and 3' Then the fabulous Windows 95 and 98. LOL! Getting me to give up Windows 98 was like trying to get me to give up food! There was no way I wanted to go to XP and it was the same with the change from XP to Windows7...but now I'm using 7, I can't even remember what XP looked like!

F-8 just sent me on a round table to the Safe mode screen. I'd hit Safe Mode, a files list page would open and then eventually freeze and sent me back to the original Safe Mode screen.

I have a HP Presario laptop. The F11 key gets me to the system restore page. There should have been option to restore to an earlier point but the only option was a complete reinstall. The lap top has a dedicated partitioned restore copy bringing it back to the factory fresh state with complete loss of saved data. Having no other options I did a complete reinstall and all my wife's data was lost. To thinik I did this because her web pages were opening a little slowly.

I relied on the program's registry etc. backup but since I couldn't get into safe mode or system restore, it was useless. Glad it works for countless others but this program was a disaster for me. I am uninstalling it from my work computer and other home PC today.

Archived