IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Advance System care v5 and v6 is crashing computer. [FAULTY HARDWARE!]

Xcom46

But i can look in my DNP file and see

Mini112712-01.dmp 11/27/2012 1:14:27 PM PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 0x00000050 fffffae0`3710a9d4 00000000`00000000 fffffadf`29257290 00000000`00000005 Msfs.SYS Msfs.SYS+f0f29d4 x64 ntoskrnl.exe+2e890 C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini112712-01.dmp 2 15 3790 163,840

Msfs.SYS Msfs.SYS+f0f29d4 fffffadf`28018000 fffffce2`28025000 0x000002030000d000 0x42435de7 3/24/2005 4:40:07 PM

ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+a5b05 fffff800`01000000 fffff800`01497000 0x00497000 0x50339ea0 8/21/2012 6:43:44 AM

Computer runs fine with out it.

Ok. Firstly you say "It crashed my system when i tried to install it"

What does It mean...is It ASC5 or ASC 6.

You say "I never had this issue with this program. "

That means you were already running ASC without a problem. Which version were you running before the problem started.

Again, I ask... did you have ASC5 running without problem and then tried to upgrade to ASC 6 and that is when the problem started.

It is very hard for us to help if we do not have the Information

I was doing a Fresh install of windows ok.and yes it is fully updated.

2nd it was v5.4 that i use and never had an issue with till now.

My OS does not crash at all.In normal Operations.

No i only used v6 once and did not like the UI interface.

Xcom46

If you were doing a fresh install of windows when the problem occurred, then it is very unlikely that ASC caused the crash.

You also say that "No i only used v6 once and did not like the UI interface."

Which says that ASC 6 worked fine just tha you did not like the GUI.

So it seems that all was fine untol you did the reinstall of windows.

Does everything else work ok since the reinstall. Without ASC on your pc.

I am trying very hard to help you here, but if you are not willing to perform the steps that are asked then it is going to be difficult to solve your problem.

You just told me you are busy playing a game, and I assume you have been on the web, so we need to be sure your machine is clean.

You also did not answer my other question

Hi Xcom

As I understand you, you have formatted your disk and installed XP again, - have you then at this time updated the version to XP 64 sp.3 ?

If this is the only thing you have done you are right about expecting the machine to be clean.

You do realize I hope that any saved files or programs you may have put back into the machine after the new install may have contained infections?

Please describe your actions in logical numerical order and do not be afraid to do it in a verbose way - chances are then that you will be better understood :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

This is a Fresh install of windows fully formatted Hd There should be zero virus or malware on it.

Solbjerg

Since Xcom46 already said that he crashed his machine with advanced systemcare 5 we have to assume that his clean reinstall is no guarantee of a clean machine. Particularly since V5.4 cannot be downloaded from Iobit, so did Xcom46 use an old install file from a backup, if so it could be corrupt, did he download the old version from an unreliable site.

It is proving very hard to get the relative info. The first post says ASC KEEPS CRASHING THE PC. Yet the pc is now running fine so has ASC been removed and if so how on a crashed machine.

Ok here is what is happening.Sorry if i seem too be a little annoyed be cause i am for issues i have been having last day in a half.

When ever i try to install certain program's like ACS computer will crash in Xp but not windows 7.I have a Dual Boot on my system my 80gig hold's Xp 64bit version.

Version of Xp i am using is windows Xp professional 64bit same with Windows 7 professional 64 bit.

I just installed Xp the 80gig Hdd was completely fully formatted 2 times.So there should not be any Virus or malware on it.And yes i do have a CD it is not bootleg version i have a 64bit windows xp CD.

I know i am not having any kinda Hardware issue.I think it is mostly software.

When i run my desktop the computer it self scan's every night for virus and malware.I use AVG (PRO) 2012 and malwarebytes (PRO) 95% they do not find any thing.I all ways have them run full scan's.

I kept getting Memory Dumps in xp.I use the program called Bluescreenview off of majorgeeks.com.

At first ASC was crashing the XP OS but not 7.When i tried to install ASC in xp it would crash OS.It might be HD failing but i don't think it is the HD failing.

Windows 7 is on my 160gig HD

When you ReInstalled XP, did you also ReInstall all the Service-packs?

(I think there were 3, if I remember correctly?)

It's my understanding that they all need to be installed or there will be problems with later versions of some software.

Note - Many software companies will soon no-longer support XP in their new versions

They are all working on compatibility with Windows-8

No problem. I notice that you also had a problem with ASC and XP 64 bit back in October 2011, and it turned out not to be ASC but another software. See This thread. Is it the same thing again

You say "When ever i try to install certain program's like ACS computer will crash in Xp. does that mean that it is not only ASC which causes the crash but other programs also.

Which version of ASC are you trying to Install now.

I think that you should disable/uninstall Bluescreenview and see does the problem happen again when you try to load a program. Bluescreenview may be causing a conflict.

The new versions of ASC are compatible with XP 64, and there are no problems relating to 64 bit systems being reported

Bluescreenview is a stand alone does not need to be installed Bluescreenview is a program that allows me too see my Crash reports that is all it does.

ASC 5.4 is what i was trying too install.Works fine in windows 7 no issues.

Toppack

Windows Xp is still supported bye microsoft till 2014 so most other places like iobit will continu on adding stuff too Xp users.

And read the top post next time.Yes it was fully updated.64bit Xp only has SP2 not

SP3 only has 32bit xp

The version of 5;4 you wish to install....is it an installation file from your old system or did you just download it since you did the reinstall. and if you did whch site did you get it from, as old versions are not available from Iobit.

We need to know this in order to try and determine the problem.

Also as I asked previously, is it only the installing of ASC that is creating the crash or is it happening with other programs as well.

you said ""When ever i try to install certain program's".... which implies it is not just ASC

Hi Xcom

Please give some more information.

How did you run ASC 5.4? What were your settings? Was it running automatically? What antivirus program do you use? Do you have other kinds of programs doing the same thing? Did you use any of the applications in Toolbox?.................................

Please give as much relevant information as possible and please describe everything clearly.

Cheers

solbjerg

ASC 5.4 is crashing 64bit xp i just installed it on 64bit on a new new install and it crashed system windows ran fine all night long not one crash.

Hi Xcom

Please give some more information.

How did you run ASC 5.4? What were your settings? Was it running automatically? What antivirus program do you use? Do you have other kinds of programs doing the same thing? Did you use any of the applications in Toolbox?.................................

Please give as much relevant information as possible and please describe everything clearly.

Cheers

solbjerg

No all i did was just install then bam it crashed i did not adjust any settings.No nothing was installed at this time this was a fresh install of xp 64bit and no up dates no nothing just windows it self and i installed asc 5.4 all alone and it crashed windows.ASC 6 works fine on my system but when i try to install asc 5.4 it will crash system.

Hi Xcom

I think Scannan asked you previously from where you have ASC 5.4?

Is it a fresh download? From where?

Cheers

solbjerg

No all i did was just install then bam it crashed i did not adjust any settings.No nothing was installed at this time this was a fresh install of xp 64bit and no up dates no nothing just windows it self and i installed asc 5.4 all alone and it crashed windows.ASC 6 works fine on my system but when i try to install asc 5.4 it will crash system.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok i finally figured out the whole issue with this no worry on your part it was not the program my computer kept running a BSOD code 0x050 witch is a hard ware issue.And they are extremely hard to track down.Took me over 40 programs and 4 weeks and finally figured out that it was my secondry HDD causing the issue.So it was not ASC.:razz::-P

Archived