IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Windows Update on Windows 8

I have just run Windows Update for Windows 8 and iobit SystemCare with Antivirus v5.6.4.273 picked up what it says is a threat Type: Gen:Variant.Symmi.71. If I run the update after removing the threat it errors to say Windows Update cannot continue, Reverting Back. I can't find any reference to this anywhere so I presume this is an error. Can anyone confirm this as I cannot do updates till then. Thank you.

Hi all,

I confirm that ASC Ultimate 6 (6.0.8.182) also identifies 2 of the today's updates of Windows 8 (8 Important, 2 Recommended, and 1 Optional) as threats.

Please put them in the White List untill IObit (Also BitDefender) verifies if they are False Positives or Real Threats.

The Updates need restart of Windows, so please put them in the White List at the time of downloading/installing before restart of Windows.

My guess is those two need renaming to be installed and being ssecurity related files, intervened by the ASC Ultimate's BitDefender engine.

After putting them to White List, the Windows 8 Updates finished without any error or fault.

After restart of Windows 8, those 2 files do not exist at the shown location and are deleted by Windows 8 automatically.

Unfortunatelly I can't check them in VirusTotal or by another antivirus software.

Thank you and cheers.

NOTE:

C:\Windows\WinSxS\Temp\PendingRenames\16049858e7d7cd01d4040000fc39303a.x86_microsoft-windows-network-security_31bf3856ad364e35_6.2.9200.16451_none_c9ecec95fbdbfa19_bfe.dll_056865e3 is flagged as : Gen:Trojan.Heur.LP.Cu4@a81!YUl

This file is related to MS Base Firewall Engine.

C:\Windows\WinSxS\Temp\PendingRenames\a2debe9ae7d7cd012d060000fc39303a.x86_microsoft-windows-gdi_31bf3856ad364e35_6.2.9200.16453_none_a69d95b92bd5b20a_atmfd.dll_ff796bf0 is flagged as : Gen:Variant.Symmi.71

This file is related to Adobe Type Manager (Probably Flash Player update KB2785605)

Hi Cicely,

As I have mentioned in my prior post, I have put them into White List and after restart of Windows, those files were automatically deleted by Windows, so they were not in the locations pointed out in the White List.

Sorry, I can not send you the files as they don't exist any more.

It can only be checked with a PC with Windows 8 which is not updated for Windows Updates for December Updates.

Perhaps the other Users still have them quarantined.

Cheers.

Archived