IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

BitDefender 2013 and ASC v6 -[Solved]

jovan111p

Welcome

.....Disabling Deep Clean does not solve the problem. What it ism is a work around but the problem the OP was having still exists.

What is OP?

In this case the Original Poster (member who started the thread) or in other cases the Original Post (first post of the thread)

All the best, woz of oz

Hi Buddahfan

Disabling the Deep Clean is not a work around. It is the solution to jovan111p's (the original OP) issue, because Deep Clean created the problem in the first place. So disabling it resolved the problem. The deep clean is very aggressive and is known to cause issues in some cases.

I agree that it is not the ideal situation that a function has to be disabled in order to resolve/prevent a problem. Maybe this will be resolved in future versions.

Thanks Woz and Scan!

Woz:

Original Poster (member who started the thread) or in other cases the Original Post (first post of the thread)
Thanks for giving me a palm slap... I don't know the abbeviations!

Scannan:

The deep clean is very aggressive and is known to cause issues in some cases.
Since the option to view and choose the results you wish "fixed" has been removed... I agree with you Scannan and suggest that this function be removed or moved. I appreciate you Scannan! It should be certainly turned off by users that don't have images or back-ups!

Sincerely.

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Thanks Mel

I agree. I think the Deep Clean should be moved to the Toolbox and should have a warning/explanation that it should only be used by experienced users.

In the meantime, the Deep Clean should at least be disabled by default, thereby requiring the user to deliberately activate it.

That is because you have already cleaned your registry numerous times and at this stage there is little for Registry Fix to do. The problem with Deep Clean seems to occur when a user uses it for the first time on a Registry which has not been cleaned previously or for a long time.

This is why we advise users not to use it unless absolutely necessary, and not until they are familiar with both the Registry and using ASC.

But good luck to you and long may your trouble free status continue.

Hi scannan.

This is why we advise users not to use it unless absolutely necessary

I am not sure that there is a time that it is absoutely necessary? What is the possible gain?? (If you consider the many varied platforms this software is on and across so many network configurations...?)

There are so many better ways to speed your system than by obsessively over-tampering with your registry.:shock:

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Archived