IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Critical Process Died

Paulo27

So last week I got a new computer with Windows 8, and I installed ASC 6 and scanned my computer, then I rebooted the computer and got BlueSOD saying "Critical Process Died", but everytime I restarted my computer it'd always just BSOD again and restart and repeat.

I went to the store and got a new computer (they took mine and gave me another one), then I came home and installed ASC 6 again, I scanned my computer with it again, and I got BSOD, but this time I was lucky and my computer didn't lock on a "BSOD, restart" loop and was able to properly start. I ended up looking online and found other users with this problem, I uninstalled ASC right away, I haven't restarted my computer ever since I got that BSOD, since it only appears to happen when I start my computer, I think anyway, since with the first computer it happened once and broke it and in this one it happened at boot up as well but didn't completly break it.

Now my question is, what can I do to make sure ASC didn't break this one completly as well and what can I do to repair it and what can assure me that I won't get BSOD when I restart my computer? Because as I see things (not only me but other users too) ASC deleted some important files in my disk and broke it.

I guess I should also add: I have an ASUS and when I restarted the computer, in both ocassions, under the ASUS logo at boot up it said: "Scanning and repairing disk errors" and stopped at around 40%, again in both ocassions.

As you can imagine I'm not happy, and I'm waiting for a quick response to this, since the store probably already found out the problem was your software and won't give me another computer for the same error...

If anyone had this happen to them, please tell me what do to fix it, or if your computer fixed it by itself and it's safe for me to restart and go a normal life with my computer again, or if I have to format, restore Windows.

Hi Paulo27

Welcome. Sorry to hear you are having problems. Firstly, it is too soon to say that ASC caused the problem. If you got a new computer from a store and there was a problem with it, the same problem could exist with the second pc also. They may have done something wrong when they set the pc's up.

Now, ASC wil not remove anything unless you tell it too. So the first thing always is to check your settingsin ASC to ensure they areset to suit your requirements. You say you ran a scan, but you did not say whether anything was found, and whether you told ASC tp perform a repair.

You also say that when you rebooted that it said: "Scanning and repairing disk errors" and stopped at around 40%, again in both ocassions. This would indicate that Check Disc was running and repairing. sometimes this can take a while, and if you shutdown your pc while it was busy with this task, you could end up with BSOD.

I also see you have Smart Defrag on your machine. Was it set up to do a boot defrag. If so and you halted it while it was busy, that can cause problems.

Now, there is no point in not starting your pc again. If there is a problem it needs to be sorted and that requires it to be running, otherwise it is just a piece of expensive metat taking up space.

So, start your pc in safe mode. launch ASC. Check the settings and disable (untick) Deep clean in the Registry Fix settings. It is unnecessary for normal operation and should only be used by experienced users.

Do not launch SD or Game Booster. Check your start menu and make sure they are not set to start automatically on windows start up. You can now san with ASC and see if it finds any problems. Do not run the Disc Scan.

When te scan is complete just note the results but do not perform a repair.

Reboot your machine as normal and see if all is ok.

I have restart my machine several times now and ran a bunch of HD tests, all seens fine, and when I ran ASC's scan it told me that there was around 900 errors, this is a new machine, so I'm assuming ASC was detecting some errors that actually weren't there.

As long as you did not run the Registry Deep clean, you can tell ASC to repair the errors. It is probably mostly junk files, registry errors and privacy sweep. There is also no need for Disc Scan. 900 is not a lot of errors for a new machine, as there would be a lot of junk and registry items generated during set up.

As long as you did not run the Registry Deep clean, you can tell ASC to repair the errors. It is probably mostly junk files, registry errors and privacy sweep. There is also no need for Disc Scan. 900 is not a lot of errors for a new machine, as there would be a lot of junk and registry items generated during set up.

But do you honestly think ASC wasn't the problem? The problems only appeared when I scanned and "repaired" my machines with it and since I uninstalled it everything is ok.

Hi Paulo

In order to have a chance at finding out, you should assure us that you have read the manual, and tell us ALL the settings you have chosen to select before you ran a cleanup.

Did you also use the toolbox?

Was the ASC install a clean install?

Did you by any chance restart it during a cleanup?

Cheers

solbjerg

But do you honestly think ASC wasn't the problem? The problems only appeared when I scanned and "repaired" my machines with it and since I uninstalled it everything is ok.

Hi Paulo

In order to have a chance at finding out, you should assure us that you have read the manual, and tell us ALL the settings you have chosen to select before you ran a cleanup.

Did you also use the toolbox?

Was the ASC install a clean install?

Did you by any chance restart it during a cleanup?

Cheers

solbjerg

All I did was install it, download GB and SD 2, go to expert mode, and press scan and let it run and when it finished I just restarted my computer.

Hi Paulo27,

We are very sorry to hear that. :oops:

Please kindly follow the instructions below to find minidump file and ASC’s log.

1. Please double click Computer on the desktop -> Double click C -> Double click Windows -> Find Minidump folder there.

2. Please double click Computer on the desktop -> Enter “%appdata%\iobit\advanced systemcare v6” in the box on the top left -> Find the log folder.

3. Zip the two folders and send it to us for further check.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Paulo27... welcome here!

I recommend you go ahead and insert the recovery disk and start new, (as there is no data to be lost).

It is a new machine there will nothing to be lost (personal photos, files, info, etc.)! Go ahead and reinstall the OS over everything before. once you have... don't run ASC registry fix at all for awhile (months), <especially deep care>, until there is clear understanding.

Why were/are you trying to fix a machine that is not broken or impeded? :shock:

Thats like buying a new car and driving it immediately to replace the tires, oil, spark plugs and brakes!!:shock:

Please check your settings within ASC and fix only the the areas that need attention.:shock:

Sincerely,

-Mwl

Live long and prosper!

Here are the logs.

Another thing that was also causing problems (but that one I know for sure) was Avast!, but that always gave the same error and when I removed it it was gonne.

Also as far as reinstalling my OS goes, I don't think that's necessary at least for now anyway, I'm not having any problems anymore, and I checked the logs it doesn't seem like there was any important file deleted, but you guys can check those out.

Also @Melvin your software did find over 900 errors, if a new car comes with the windows dirty, you can clean them off without asking for a new one.

Here are the logs.

Another thing that was also causing problems (but that one I know for sure) was Avast!, but that always gave the same error and when I removed it it was gonne.

Also as far as reinstalling my OS goes, I don't think that's necessary at least for now anyway, I'm not having any problems anymore, and I checked the logs it doesn't seem like there was any important file deleted, but you guys can check those out.

Also @Melvin your software did find over 900 errors, if a new car comes with the windows dirty, you can clean them off without asking for a new one.

Hi Paulo27;88380:-),

your software did find over 900 errors
It is not my software (it is Iobit's)... I am a member here the same as you. I've just been around here for awhile and helped when I can.

My post was in the faith that "if it isn't broken, then why fix it?".

ASC doesn't report errors.:shock:

If you consider the vast amount of system configurations and Windows installations that ASC is run on... you should consider that the same looking glass is held to win 2000 as to your new install of Windows 8.

ASC cannot discriminate... so many of these "errors" are most likely unrelated to your particular install.:shock: Some of these "errors" (if it is an out of the box machine as you describe) are due to the fact that you haven't used the machine much before running ASC. ASC is intended to be run as a maintenance facility.

Please make sure you have the settings as you wish them to be.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi Paulo27,

After checking the files you sent to us, we find this problem was caused by Avast.

Please send the minidump file to Avast for help. :mrgreen:

Thanks in advance.

I'll.

I'm just so confused by all this, because Avast! gave an error, but the one I got on my first machine was different from the one Avast! gave me now, that's pretty much the only reason I turned to ASC, since no other program is giving me any problem now.

Thanks for the time of all of you.

My current machine is fine, that's all that matters to me, I'll give ASC another shot next time it updates :).

Archived