IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Concerns...

Savedbygrace

Ok, I have been using Advanced systemcare off and on for awhile now. Yesterday, out of pure boredom I decided to search the web and look at opinions and reviews concerning system optimizer's and cleaners in general. I was somewhat disturbed at some of the things I was reading. A lot of people who seem to be knowledgeable concerning CPU's referred to system optimizer's and cleaners to be "snake oil" and "more likely to cause problems than to solve them"...

Then there are other people who seem to swear by them and highly recommend them. I'm not very CPU savvy so I really don't know who to believe. I have come to the conclusion that the registry cleaning aspects in particular are far more risk than they are reward.

I must say that while ASC to my knowledge, hasn't hurt my system, I really dont know that its improved it either. I'm having concerns that maybe the risk far outweighs the rewards when using these utilities. However, I can say that certain aspects of ASC has indeed been helpful though.

Anyway just looking for some honest opinions concerning this because I'm having doubts about continuing to use ASC.

ASC has Many utility programs included.

Some of them need to be run often but some do Not.

It depends on how much the computer is used, what it is used for

and user requirements.

Generally they are All safe and helpful,

but users should be careful and limit the use of any program that makes Changes to the computer system data.

Hi Savedbygrace

I fully understand your concerns. Unfortunately, when you look up this sort of stuff on the net, you will be bombarded with so many opinions and alternatives, that it is hard to know what is best.

I have used ASC for many years and it has not only never caused a serious problem on my pc, but it originally brought my laptop back to new and has kept it there ever since.

Like all tools, it is only as good as the user, so it is important to understand the program. There are certain utilities in ASC which should only be used by experienced users. These are the Deep Clean function in the Registry Fix. This should be disabled (unticked) for normal use. Also it is unadvisable to use the internet Optimiser unless you have a reasonable understanding of Internet Settings.

Otherwise ASC is a powerful, user friendly tool, and I certainly recommend it to you, as I recommend it to all my associates, and I have never had a negative feedback.

I have tried varous other programs and have not found a better one than ASC.

The support from Iobit and from this forum is second to none, which is a big plus, because help will always be there for you.

I hope this helps you with your deliberations.

ASC has Many utility programs included.

Some of them need to be run often but some do Not.

It depends on how much the computer is used, what it is used for

and user requirements.

Generally they are All safe and helpful,

but users should be careful and limit the use of any program that makes Changes to the computer system data.

Note - you can Edit and Delete the other thread, if you do it before anyone else post to it

If you don't understand what a feature does it is best not to use it until you do. How much a user needs to know about what a feature or app does before they use a feature or app depends on what they are comfortable with. If you are not comfortable with using a feature then it is best not to use it. Others may have a different opinion on this subject.:-)

it works really works

i've been using asc for a few years. i waited a bit to download pro v6+. i ran the basic scan - registry. optimization, cleaner -- truly amazing. my pc is about 9 years old, running on xp, and its running like brand new. no hype, all of a sudden i no longer have that urge to splurge on a new pc.

i would not venture into toolbox land unless i knew what i wanted to do.

Hi Savedbygrace

I fully understand your concerns. Unfortunately, when you look up this sort of stuff on the net, you will be bombarded with so many opinions and alternatives, that it is hard to know what is best.

I have used ASC for many years and it has not only never caused a serious problem on my pc, but it originally brought my laptop back to new and has kept it there ever since.

Like all tools, it is only as good as the user, so it is important to understand the program. There are certain utilities in ASC which should only be used by experienced users. These are the Deep Clean function in the Registry Fix. This should be disabled (unticked) for normal use. Also it is unadvisable to use the internet Optimiser unless you have a reasonable understanding of Internet Settings.

Otherwise ASC is a powerful, user friendly tool, and I certainly recommend it to you, as I recommend it to all my associates, and I have never had a negative feedback.

I have tried varous other programs and have not found a better one than ASC.

The support from Iobit and from this forum is second to none, which is a big plus, because help will always be there for you.

I hope this helps you with your deliberations.

This gives me peace of mind. I guess I'm gonna stick with ASC Pro.

ASC has always been fine on my system but I have that "what if" voice in my head and reading stuff online has planted seeds of doubt in my mind.

nevertheless....gonna stay with it.

i've been using asc for a few years. i waited a bit to download pro v6+. i ran the basic scan - registry. optimization, cleaner -- truly amazing. my pc is about 9 years old, running on xp, and its running like brand new. no hype, all of a sudden i no longer have that urge to splurge on a new pc.

i would not venture into toolbox land unless i knew what i wanted to do.

Glad!:grin:

You must be careful with ASC. If you wish/want to goto toolbox land, look through the threads for cautions or open a new thread with your question.:grin:

You do know that MS says they're ending support for XP soon??

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Archived