IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

XP For Ever !

Toppack

Hi enoskype :-)

The hands look a bit like mine and the breastpocket for my cigarettes, but I never wear a necklace - my height is 185 cm :-)

And the sentiment - if it works - why change it - is to my liking!

Best of luck with the bantering though!!

Cheers

solbjerg

Ahhaaaa, I thought he was solbjerg!?!?!?!? :lol:

He could easily have been me if Windows 7 didn't exist.:razz: (And I don't use the 7 at the moment!)

Cheers.

Hi Toppack

Sorry, was not me...I was behind the camera. W8 is part of Ms's strategy to put everything on the cloud.

Very soon there will be a minimal boot system and everything else will reside in the cloud, so every program/app

you wish to use will have to be accessed throuh the cloud.

As I said, they will have to tear me off xp. kicking and screaming.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi enoskype :-)

The hands look a bit like mine and the breastpocket for my cigarettes, but I never wear a necklace - my height is 185 cm :-)

And the sentiment - if it works - why change it - is to my liking!

Best of luck with the bantering though!!

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Solbjerg... there is a song called "Elephant Talk" by the band "King Crimson" I bet you will get a good laugh out of it... as it is about bantering!

I will find the link and post(edit) it over this last sentenance.

P.S>There it is on record and live. It Speaks to the disparities within communication. Many people hate this song because it reminds them of previous conversations I think.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi Melvin

Thank you - interesting - I found the lyrics

Made me think of words and deeds

If the disparity between words and deeds are great I can understand someone hating it, but otherwise not.

Made me aware of the word duologue :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. According to professor Kaplan the perfect duologue is two tv sets facing each other :-)

On different channels presumably

Hi Solbjerg... there is a song called "Elephant Talk" by the band "King Crimson" I bet you will get a good laugh out of it... as it is about bantering!

I will find the link and post(edit) it over this last sentenance.

P.S>There it is on record and live. It Speaks to the disparities within communication. Many people hate this song because it reminds them of previous conversations I think.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi Solbjerg.

:-D

I meant that they hate the song (it is quite dissonant and unpleasing musically to most)... so they never bothered with the lyrics!

I'm glad that you looked further and appreciate your reflections.:wink:

Perhaps two PC's with camcorders and speakers on, facing each other instead of T.V.'S??

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

P.S. I think that was written and recorded close to 40 years ago. (1973 0r 75 somewhere in there)

OK Melvin

Haven't heard the music yet.

I grew up with the Psalms and the Danish Folk High school songbook and only encountered rock in my late teens, I think that gave me more interest in the lyrics than in the music.

One of my younger brothers introduced me to modern jazz in the beginning of my teens, at first I thought it sounded horrible, but when I understood it I began to like it.

I think the word duologue was coined in the middle of the fifties, so TV sets were at that time a newfangled trend that Kaplan may have used to make his meaning clear.

I will take another look and perhaps hear the music. Thanks!

I can imagine though that dissonance may accentuate the lyrics

Cheers

solbjerg

:-D

I meant that they hate the song (it is quite dissonant and unpleasing musically to most)... so they never bothered with the lyrics!

I'm glad that you looked further and appreciate your reflections.:wink:

Perhaps two PC's with camcorders and speakers on, facing each other instead of T.V.'S??

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

P.S. I think that was written and recorded close to 40 years ago. (1973 0r 75 somewhere in there)

Archived