IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC6 pro slows internet on xp???-[Moved here from ASC General Discussions]

neutrino

"Internet boost" in effect slows my computer. The only things that change are that local, hosts, DNS, and netbt priority are each set to 1. (my CPU will then max out at 100%)

However, "system optimization" fixes the problem on the next scan, resetting those values back to 5,6,7, and 8 respectively . After this change my computer and internet speeds back!

The settings will toggle between the slow setting and fast on every other scan. I don't know why "internet boost" and "system optimization" are arguing but at least one of them right!

Sorry to be a bother, but internet boost does slow down my computer. Is there anything that I should do outside of manually deselecting internet boost from now on?

My system has Firefox 18.0.2 and ASC Pro 6.1.9.221 running on an older XP system.

Yes, there are things you can do. Firstly you should post in the correct forum as you are looking for assistance.. In this case that would be the ASC 6 forum. I will move the thread to the correct forum.

As for your issue. Very simply...with the Internet Booster you are physically telling the systemto alter your settings. With the Optimisation you are asking ASC to set your systems based on your selection..ie, Daily Home user etc..

It is maybe an area that Iobit should look at, and check the correlation between the Booster and the Optimiser.

For the moment, if the Optimisation is making your internet run correctly, and the Booster is slowing it down, then I recommend that you do not need to use the booster.

Additionally, the booster requires a certain amount of knowledge from the user regarding internet settings and protocols, so it may be an idea for you to do a bit of study on the various components of the booster.

Thank you for your speedy reply.

"the booster requires a certain amount of knowledge from the user regarding internet settings and protocols, so it may be an idea for you to do a bit of study on the various components of the booster."

I tried that before I posted.

Internet Boost, when manually run from the toolbox shows and recommends the correct settings and makes no changes. Only when it runs as part of a scan will it erroneously change settings. I see and have configured System Optimization (which is working correctly), but Internet Boost has no settings listed in any menu (other than the correct information displayed in the toolbox screens).

I'll manually deselect internet boost scan recommendations from now on.

(XP is old. I'm happy that ASC PRO still works in XP at all. I hear MS will stop supporting XP in 2014.)

I think that is a wise move. I looked at Internet Boost once, and decided no way was I going there. So I never used it since. Now in its favour, I have used it for people who were having trouble connecting t the net, and it proved very good at solving those issues.

I use XP myself, and as is well known on the forum, I will have to be forcibly prevented from using it eventually.

I am hoping that by the time XP is no longer supported, that MS will have listened to the users and made W8 more user friendly and practical. If not then maybe it is time to look at Ubuntu/Unix.

Come On, Guys!

What's not to Love about Windows-7 ???

and I understand that W-8 can be modified and configured to be almost as good as W-7.

I just don't understand the 'Die-hard' attitudes. :shock:

Sure it's not Free, but it's worth every penny!

Try it, you will Like it !

Hi neutrino,

You are rigt that there is a glitch (bug) in the recent version of ASC for Internet Boost Scan.

It worked perfectly alright up until the last update.

In the most recent version of ASC, there is also ignore option when you right click an item after scan in Internet Boost of ASC.

My suggestion is, after using Optimization, in next Internnet Booster Scan, put the items in the Ignore list untill IObit corrects that bug.

You will notice the extra Internet tab in the Ignore list in Settings if you want to change anything you have ignored for Internet Boosting.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
"Internet boost" in effect slows my computer. The only things that change are that local, hosts, DNS, and netbt priority are each set to 1. (my CPU will then max out at 100%)

However, "system optimization" fixes the problem on the next scan, resetting those values back to 5,6,7, and 8 respectively . After this change my computer and internet speeds back!

Hi neutrino,

Sorry for my late reply.

To look into this issue, could you please take a screenshot of your task manager when the CPU is at about 100% after running Internet Boost.

According to our test and checking on Internet, these values changed to 1 should not cause slow computer and Internet.

Archived