IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Massive issue with ASC7

Synsei

I updated to ASC7 Free tonight and as a matter of course ran a scan. The only feature not activated was Shortcut Fixer which has caused me problems in the past on previous versions of ASC.

ASC6 has been happily keeping my system fresh and optimized for a long time now however ASC7 found 7 (coincidence?) issues with my internet connection this evening so I allowed it to fix them. OMG!!! :-o All hell broke lose afterwards. My browser plugins went down like skittles (Comodo Dragon browser which is based on Chrome) and my internet connection can now be comfortably outpaced by a lame snail with an amputated foot :shock:

I tried to restore all of the changes made by ASC7 with ASC7 to no avail (it sort of felt like asking a vandal to replace the window he's broken) so I performed a system restore. PHEW!!! Exclaimed I, as everything looked to be back in order and joy of joys, there was my beloved ASC6 icon in it's usual spot. Except when uninstalling ASC7, in a fit of jealousy, it nobbled poor old 6 by stealing its rtl120.bp runtime library :!: 6 likes to read but he can't now that 7 has stolen all his library books, the bounder... :cry:

Now, as a consequence of 7's shocking behaviour myself and 7 are no longer on speaking terms and iobit, as the custodian of the aforementioned wicked beast, I would request that you give it a severe spanking and demand that it return 6's runtime library forthwith, if not sooner... :razz:

Yours in frustration

Mr Angry of Angrytown, Angryshire, Angerland...

It would be really nice for a mod to respond to this issue. I am a long term user of Iobit products and because of this experience I am loath to update to ASC7 on the rest of the computers on my network. The lack of any response is not confidence inspiring to be honest and if this state of affairs continues I will have no choice but to seek out a similar product from another software provider, which is something I'd rather not have to do.

Hi synsei

The reason you did not have a response from a forum Mod is because there is really nothing a Mod can advise in this case. In such a situation, we would wait for an Iobit team member to view the post and hopefully deal with the issue.

The forum is made up of users who volunteer their time freely.

Please note that there is a vast time difference across the global membership of the forum.

It may be best for you to contact Iobit directly at support@iobit.com

You should outline your problem and reference this thread in your email.

Sorted now, I discovered an ASC6 download on one of my other computers so I copied it and re-installed on the affected computer. I will wait until IoBit have issued a couple of updates for ASC7 before trying it again. hopefully the issues I have experienced will be sorted by then, for now though I will continue to use 6 as it is stable. Thanks... :wink:

Synsei,

You really don't need to play drama queen with the title "Massive issue with ASC 7". You describe like it is a big problem/bug for all users of ASC Pro 7 :?:

I've upgraded from ASC Pro 6 to ASC Pro 7 without any issues and I didn't have any issues at all with ASC Pro 7 betas. I've W 7 Home Premium 64 and IE 10

We don't know which other programs you have on your PC, which may have caused the problem(s) you experienced.

Synsei,

You really don't need to play drama queen with the title "Massive issue with ASC 7". You describe like it is a big problem/bug for all users of ASC Pro 7 :?:

I've upgraded from ASC Pro 6 to ASC Pro 7 without any issues and I didn't have any issues at all with ASC Pro 7 betas. I've W 7 Home Premium 64 and IE 10

We don't know which other programs you have on your PC, which may have caused the problem(s) you experienced.

You would if you had bothered to read my profile :razz:

Drama Queen eh? Ad hominem surely. So, because ASC7 works fine for you it should work for everyone else? Doesn't that make you guilty of what you have accused me of?

Hi Synsei ,

Sorry for my late reply.

Thanks for your feedback.

Would you please do us a favor to look into the issue as follows:

1) Please download ASC v7 from

http://www.iobit.com/downloadcenter.php?product=advanced-systemcare

2) Then please run "scan" again to see whether the issue continues. If it does, Please download the tool from http://download.iobit.com/test/info-helper-v7.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop. Please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Thanks in advance.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you for your reply Cicely. I will do what you ask this evening and post the results as requested.

I have to say that I am somewhat disheartened by Comp12's response above as it is obvious from my original post that even though the resulting situation was pretty serious I was level headed enough to inject a little humour into my post.

I updated to ASC7 Free tonight and as a matter of course ran a scan. The only feature not activated was Shortcut Fixer which has caused me problems in the past on previous versions of ASC.

ASC6 has been happily keeping my system fresh and optimized for a long time now however ASC7 found 7 (coincidence?) issues with my internet connection this evening so I allowed it to fix them. OMG!!! :-o All hell broke lose afterwards. My browser plugins went down like skittles (Comodo Dragon browser which is based on Chrome) and my internet connection can now be comfortably outpaced by a lame snail with an amputated foot :shock:

I tried to restore all of the changes made by ASC7 with ASC7 to no avail (it sort of felt like asking a vandal to replace the window he's broken) so I performed a system restore. PHEW!!! Exclaimed I, as everything looked to be back in order and joy of joys, there was my beloved ASC6 icon in it's usual spot. Except when uninstalling ASC7, in a fit of jealousy, it nobbled poor old 6 by stealing its rtl120.bp runtime library :!: 6 likes to read but he can't now that 7 has stolen all his library books, the bounder... :cry:

Now, as a consequence of 7's shocking behaviour myself and 7 are no longer on speaking terms and iobit, as the custodian of the aforementioned wicked beast, I would request that you give it a severe spanking and demand that it return 6's runtime library forthwith, if not sooner... :razz:

Yours in frustration

Mr Angry of Angrytown, Angryshire, Angerland...

When you have an internet connection problem.

1. Go to the Windows Control Panel type in Internet click on Internet Options and choose the appropriate option. There should be an option to fix

2. Shut down your computer turn your router off for 30 seconds and then turn it back on. If you have not personalized the router settings or want to reset it to the factory options then reset it.

3. Reboot your computer.

This does not fix all Internet Connection problems but will fix a lot of them.

People have gotten so used to third party apps doing their computer tuning that they don't know how to use Windows to fix problems that are many times Windows and not a third party app problem. So they blame the 3rd party app when often it is really a Windows problem. If a third party app has created a Windows problems Windows basic tools through the Control Panel are usually enough to fix them. Just don't run the same option in the third party program again. For example I never use System Optimization in ASC since it messes up my home network connections by resetting a bunch of Windows Services. I could run System Optimization and manually go through the errors it finds and tell it to igrnore certain ones but I prefer not to run it at all. Just my choice. Yours may be different.

I have had no problems with ASC 7 and my Internet connection after running Deep Scan in ASC 7 on W7, W8 or W8.1

Hi All,

Whenever i upgrade,

I ALLWAYS remove the >> folder files <<< from any previous version.

This ensures that there are no cinflicts between the 2

Roy

Good idea when the first digit of the version number changes. However, as I stated previously the program should do this. This can be done by the program regardless of whether or not the new version is installed in a new folder or current folder. Just takes some code in the installer filer.:-)

Good idea when the first digit of the version number changes. However, as I stated previously the program should do this. This can be done by the program regardless of whether or not the new version is installed in a new folder or current folder. Just takes some code in the installer filer.:-)

Actually IMO all versions should have the one same folder to avoid any conflicts

Archived