IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Warning! Pay Attention!!

dv8cowboy

Do NOT under any circumstances 'fix' all the issues that ASC7 wants you to. It will scramble your computers brains out!

I first scanned with Ultimate6 Pro and got the usual 20-30 minor items that I took care of.

...Then I scanned with ASC7 and it had 340+ items (mostly privacy items)!

So,being the dumbass and trusting soul of IObit,I deleted what it wanted to Or (I should have looked closer).

There is some very bad coding by a developer,probably at the last moments before being released.At the best it was a simple mistake,at the worst...

Right now my nerdy geeky geniuses at tweaking.com has some free utils among which is a Windows Repair proggy. IObit has it's own Windows repair,but I was so damned mad...

The program is running as I write and it will take awhile. The rescue log is unavailable as I used it to restore some things.

Again...Look very carefully at ASC7 Scans!

That was my FIRST and only scan with ASC7 until someone fixes the problem and either put it in the Program regular download ie. Definition download route or puts out an update to MajorGeeks.Till then it is a useless lump of software!

-Cowboy

Do NOT under any circumstances 'fix' all the issues that ASC7 wants you to. It will scramble your computers brains out!

I first scanned with Ultimate6 Pro and got the usual 20-30 minor items that I took care of.

So,being the dumbass and trusting soul of IObit,I deleted what it wanted to Or (I should have looked closer).

There is some very bad coding by a developer,probably at the last moments before being released.At the best it was a simple mistake,at the worst...

Right now my nerdy geeky geniuses at tweaking.com has some free utils among which is a Windows Repair proggy. IObit has it's own Windows repair,but I was so damned mad...

The program is running as I write and it will take awhile. The rescue log is unavailable as I used it to restore some things.

That was my FIRST and only scan with ASC7 until someone fixes the problem and either put it in the Program regular download ie. Definition download route or puts out an update to MajorGeeks.Till then it is a useless lump of software!

-Cowboy

It's better to delete only what you know should be deleted. Deleting other stuff may cause lots of problems in your system.

-Cowboy

No idea what OS your computer is using.

1. Try running ASC7 Rescue feature

2. If it is using XP or Vista upgrade. It is using W7.X run Last Known Good Configuration. If it is using W8.X do a Rstore or Reset.

I agree with ohers. Look before you leap. Trust is one thing.....is another. Been there done it.

@Buddahfan

No idea what OS your computer is using.

1. Try running ASC7 Rescue feature

2. If it is using XP or Vista upgrade. It is using W7.X run Last Known Good Configuration. If it is using W8.X do a Rstore or Reset.

I agree with ohers. Look before you leap. Trust is one thing.....is another. Been there done it.

Yeah,I did the rescue bit...Look at my user profile,it will tell you what machine I am running etc. (I just HAVE to update the dam thing).

Rescue does NOT fix system settings,like when I select a program it goes to it for a second or so then vanishes. :mrgreen:

I'm all put back together now with some hard thinking,work, and from proggies from tweaking.com... 8-)

-Cowboy

Yeah,I did the rescue bit...Look at my user profile,it will tell you what machine I am running etc. (I just HAVE to update the dam thing).

Rescue does NOT fix system settings,like when I select a program it goes to it for a second or so then vanishes. :mrgreen:

I'm all put back together now with some hard thinking,work, and from proggies from tweaking.com... 8-)

-Cowboy

When W7 was my main OS I used "Last Known Good Configuration" several times and it worked like a charm. No hassle and took less than 30 minutes to get the system back into good working order. Piece of cake. I was disappointed they removed it in W8. I have had seveal occassions to use Restore or Reset and they all failed.

Hi dv8cowboy ,

Thanks for your feedbacks.

What happened when you repaired all the found issues on your PC? Please describe it more clearly and then we can look into it.

What do you mean by " The rescue log is unavailable "? Do you mean that you can not run the rescue function of ASC? Any error message?

You can describe the issue you met with details and send it to support@iobit.com or just post here. We will look into it asap.:-D

@Cicely!

Hi dv8cowboy ,

Thanks for your feedbacks.

What happened when you repaired all the found issues on your PC? Please describe it more clearly and then we can look into it.

What do you mean by " The rescue log is unavailable "? Do you mean that you can not run the rescue function of ASC? Any error message?

You can describe the issue you met with details and send it to support@iobit.com or just post here. We will look into it asap.:-D

I used the Rescue function to help get things going.It also appears that ASC does not restore system files...click on a program and it appears only for a second then disappears... :-?

-Cowboy

• 2 weeks later...

Archived