IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Features Suggestion for Advanced SystemCare

Tim Xue

Hi bwitzed

Do I understand correctly - you want a clone finder that find "clones" that aren't clones???

Cheers

solbjerg

No, I want a clone/duplicate finder that DOES find exact duplicates regardless of factors like name, location, etc. I should be able to select whether I want it to be 100% exact or what level of exact. I should be able to select if it by byte by byte or some other method and it should be able to tell when files are similar but for errors, etc.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
... But those grammatical errors are comprise the first reason I won't recommend this product to other people. ...

LOL... I guess none of us are totally immune.

http://www.battleclinic.com/forum/Smileys/default/rofl.gif

I'm not trying to be a jerk, it's just that it strikes me so funny that there is a grammatical error in a sentence where someone is complaining about someone else's grammatical errors.

:smile:

Cheers!

CrazyTim

P.S. For me, the one thing I just can't stand is intolerance!!! LOL

Hi,

I download many things off the internet. But sometimes i don't trust the things i download. So i save it and scan with my AVAST anitvirus. But it can only scan virusses and not sypware. I downloaded and saved it. I clicked right mouse button and clicked on ''scan this item with AVAST''. So i thought it would be grate to have a ''scan this item with ASC'' so i dont have to open and instal the files before it gets into my computer. Or maybe you want to do this option in the spyware defender.

greets .

• 1 month later...

1. Driver update utility, to make it easier to use, classify if drivers is safe, moderate or risky (risky could be those which require manual install).

2. Software inspector, checking if installed software is up-to-date.

3. Settings for the Disk Cleaner utility (filetypes, directories, system restore point clean etc...)

4. Uninstaller utility that clean left over data when you uninstall a program.

5. Overall improvement of course, if it's possible:wink:

That's all for now!

Please at least think about it:grin:

Thank you for an excellent program so far and I hope you will keep on improving it.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

A tool where you can shut down or set as manual (permanently) typically unused services, processes (including startup items).

Recommendation + basic information about the service etc... if you then take the advice is up to you.

Maybe include some basic questions like "Do you use a printer?" etc...

Cheers

I want to add that when Scanning the system to Maintain Windows, the program should clean out the following:

1. %temp% folder.

2. Temporary internet files

3. Offline webpages

4. Game News Files (windows 7)

5. Thumbnails

6. Per User archived windows error reports (windows 7)

7.System archived windows error reports (windows 7)

• 4 weeks later...

Autoshutdown after automatic maintenance

Looking through the various features I believe the program cannot shut itself down after running the Automatic Maintenance. I hope that I overlooked it but the Autoshutdown icon is not what anybody should use for shutting the PC down after running the Automatic Maintenance. Nobody knows how long it will take. Like a lot of virus scanners you can schedule an automatic shutdown after the tasks have be ran.

If this is possible already then please explain but other wise I would strongly recommend this feature.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi GJZ

In general Settings you can place a tick (activate) in "Prompt to shutdown computer when Care job is done!"

When it finishes the care job a window will come up telling you that if you do not do anything the computer wil shut down in 30 seconds. If you are still sitting there and wanting the computer to keep running, you click on the appropriate button and the shutdown is aborted.

This I guess was necessary in case of the program running an automatic care operation while you were having a cup of coffee and a piece of cake :-) and the computer therefore idle, - or if you had chosen a schedule that had run the process while you were still working on your computer. That way the prompt command allows you to abort the shut down of the computer.

Cheers

solbjerg

Looking through the various features I believe the program cannot shut itself down after running the Automatic Maintenance. I hope that I overlooked it but the Autoshutdown icon is not what anybody should use for shutting the PC down after running the Automatic Maintenance. Nobody knows how long it will take. Like a lot of virus scanners you can schedule an automatic shutdown after the tasks have be ran.

If this is possible already then please explain but other wise I would strongly recommend this feature.

Hello, everyone, please feel free to suggest the features you'd like to see in ASC.

There are some plan:

Support for Google Chrome, Support FireFox 3.1(Privacy Sweep Module)

Improve Registry Scan Module.

etc...

Your appliction is already magnifient. !!

Support for google Chrome would have been nice.

Thankx for being able to use your products

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tim Xue :wink:, hi everyboddy:smile:

I use Advanced system Care since the first beta and Security 360 in the same way... and both with a lot of pleasure and secure feeling !

It seems that S360 is quicker to delete cookies and other internet surf files... so i believe that it might be good to move "registry" scan at the end of the search in ASC schedule... in this way : spyware, private files, unused files and then registry.

Idem with the defrag command in system diagnose, the defrag could be performed when reading the security report...

Cheers

• 2 months later...

Advanced System Care v4 List - Opinions

IObit needs your opinions for Advanced SystemCare v4

You can see the options wishlist in This Post in the News thread.

You can fill out the wishlist form by following the link in This Post in the News thread.

Firstly I think there should be two versions of ASC, Basic and Super maybe this would become the free and the paid version but that is up to IObit.

I use the terms Basic and Super not because I am suggesting them but because using terms like Advanced or Pro may cause confusion since these terms are already used.

Also, some of my 'suggestions' may already be in place, I know this but want to stress that I think it is important

Ok, so here is my opinion on Advanced System Care v4 list.

* RAM Clean/Defrag Super

I am not sure what this is, what it does or even if it is necessary for the average user

* Context Menu Manager Basic

As long as it is easy to understand and use

* Disk defrag Basic

I know so many people who never get around to defragging the disk, a quick and simply done defrag is certainly a good idea.

It should also give a recommendation to use the fantastic SmartDefrag at some time as well.

* Hijackthis scan Basic

But only with a step by step guide to send the report to IObit forum.

Plus a huge warning screen and lots of "Are you sure" popups when users try to delete something.

* Clean Junk Files Basic

Standard procedure I think

* Passive defense (spyware immunization) Super

Ok I guess but this seems to be more for IObit Security 360.

* Sweep Privacy Basic

* System backup Basic

Having a shortcut to these basic Windows functions is a good idea but it must be explained fully as just a shortcut for the users convenience and it is not a 'tool' of ASC

If this is about IObit making it's own System Restore or Imaging software then I say no, forget it, concentrate on something else.

* Clean Windows Registry Basic

* Clone files finder(Duplicate Files Finder) Super

If people want to play with fire then ok but this type of tool should only be for experienced users, if at all.

* Defrag Registry Basic

But only if it is safe and simple to use. Is it really neceessary ?

* Disk Explorer&Analysis Basic

Great and must have a save report feature to help with problem solving

* Remove broken shortcuts Basic

Standard procedure I think. Should probably just be added into the ASC maintenance scan.

* Advanced uninstall programs Basic

But only if it is safe and easy to use, otherwise it should be in the Super version.

* Remove malware Super

I don't think ASC should go down this path at all. There is IObit Security 360 for this so just a link to Security 360 at the most.

* Display Hardware information Basic

Great and must have a save report feature to help with problem solving

* Fix Security holes Basic

Standard procedure I think. Should probably just be added into the ASC maintenance scan

* Restore deleted data Super

I don't know anyone who has ever had to do this, maybe I just know careful people who always backup there data

* Update Hardware Drivers Super

But only if it is accurate, I spent a lot of time researching many different tools for this job and all had complaints from users. In the end, I gave up on them.

* Personalize Windows appearance Super

Nice but not a necessity, should not bloat ASC unless the user really wants it.

* Manage system startup Basic & Super

Maybe my favorite ASC tool, all it needs is a Startup delay and it's perfect.

Maybe there could be a Super version as well that allows users to access those hidden Windows startup stuff but this should not be in the Basic version.

* Change Windows settings Super

I don't know what this means but it sounds like it probably should not be in a Basic version

* Speed up system Basic & Super

It's already there and works well

* Permanently erase data Basic

Standard procedure I think. Lots of warnings of course.

* Optimize Internet Speed Basic

I love it

* Check hard drive for errors Basic

But only if it is changed. I clicked on this and it started CheckDisk immediately, what a nightmare, too scary. I should have been given the option to check at next Boot and then Do you want to Restart now ?.

* Other:

I'll get back to you on this one.

All the best, woz of oz

Basic & Super

Thanks for the observations!!! What you suggest could be complicated in implementation though.

Peace, prosperity, and longevity to all!!!

-Mel

Yes, I see what you mean but my suggestions have come about from installing ASC on friends computers and then getting emails like this:

I ran the Cloned Files Finder in ASC and it found hundreds of duplicate files, should I just delete the duplicates ?

My answer was NO!!!!!!

I think many users are just looking for a basic bit of software that does the necessary Clean & Tuneup in an easy, quick and safe manner.

Add a few 'simple' tools like Startup Manager and Software Uninstaller and they are more than happy when their computer runs well.

Too many tools causes temptation to use them and can possibly cause problems when the tools are are not understood properly. Too many options causes confusion.

That is why I would like to see a Basic version of ASC and it advertised as such.

No frilly bits, no fuss, just a very good, simple to use bit of software to keep your computer running at optimum performance. Almost set and forget :wink:

The Super version would be a separate download (paid version ?) and contain any and every bell and whistle that IObit and it's users want.

I took the poll and voted. I hope you did too!!

Peace, prosperity, and longevity to all!!!

-Mel

Sure did :smile:

I'm not really a fan of separating the program into two different versions. Part of the appeal of this particular program is having all of these powerful tools at your disposal in one program. IMO, it would be better to have an actual tab labeled "advanced" incorporated into the program... if you are wanting to go the route of separating the beginner and advanced tools. I think this would be a great place to put a system control module (I spoke of this in the 'post your bug/suggestion' thread) and the other advanced tools.

Again, this is just my opinion. I just really like the current model IObit has, and think it only needs some fine tuning, rather than a completely new format.

• 4 months later...

Suggested Improvement to Sweep Privacy

Please add the Windows Clipboard to the list of items that are (optionally) cleared when Sweep Privacy is run. This is a commonly-overlooked, but critical, privacy/security risk.

Thank you!

awc

I suggest that awc maintenance be modified to allow the computer to be shut down after the maintenance is completed.

Also there could be just one click for maintenance instead of two one for scan and one for repair

Archived