IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Errors following Scan

fstop49

I have been using ASC for years. Today I upgraded my Pro V7 to V8. I ran a complete scan and repair as usual. When I rebooted my system, I get hex dumps errors. Error Corrupted Registery! Is there a repair to do via ASC.....I am beyond anger with this.

Thanks for any help you can offer

First. Please post in the correct forum in future.

I have moved this post from ASCU forum.

You can do a system restore to a time before the issue occurred.This will restore the original registry entries and settings. This can be done through the Rescue Centre in ASC.

If you do not wish to do a full system restore, you can do Rescue Registry Related Changes only.This will restore the original registry entries only. Once your system is back to normal,

You should do a scan of each function one at a time rather than a complete scan.

I would also recommend that you look at all the functions in ASC so as to be familiar with them. You can view the Product (Instruction) Manual for your product by going to the Download Iobit Products link at the top of the forum page. The manuals are under the support heading. After using a product for many years it makes sense to be familiar with all it's functions....such as Restore and Rescue Centre.

Scannan

First thanks for your reply. Second this is the first time I posted so sorry I didn't know it was the wrong topic I posted under. My fingers have been smacked.

Third and most important - how do you use "Rescue Centre in ASC" when your system is not booting? is this done through the cmd line?

I thought this was a help FORUM not a board where you are chastised for never having to use "all The Functions" esp Restore and Recue Centre. Again I can't look up the manual when my system is non-booting. I am on a neighbors system for the moment.

I am only looking for assistance.

Yes, this is a help forum, and I am trying to help you. You are confusing advice with chastisement. I did not say you should use all the functions. I suggested that you should be familiar

with all the functions, as you never know when they may be useful/required...such as now when you need to use the Rescue Centre.

If you had explained that your system is not booting I would have been able to give further advice. However, you said the opposite in that the problem occurred when your system re-booted.

Have you tried booting in safe mode. If not try it and if successful launch ASC. Te Recovery Centre in ASC can be opened by clicking on the open circle with the arrow point, which is located at the top of your GUI in the same area as the settings.

If you succeed in opening the rescue centre, you will see the option for Rescue Registry Related Changes. Click this option and follow the steps.

Please note that we are not mind readers, so the more detailed info you provide, the easier it will be to assist you.

My system is AMD 955 4G 2x500G & 1T hard drives. Partition 1 is OS & apps only. Running Windows 7 SP1 Pro. Installed ASC 8. Ran scan. Scan found a few MS updates and attempted to install & reboot my box. Reboot would only loop to BIOS screen & reboot. I have attempted Safe Mode-will not start; Safe with CMD Prompt-booted for a few seconds; tried Repair-could not Repair; tried System Restore-didn't work; tried recovery with OS disk also.. During one attempted to reboot recd message "Windows could not finish Update, Do not turn off system" I waited and box rebooted with no success.

So I am trying to find out what recourse there is with ASC at a DOS level to recover.

If you need/want more info please ask

Thank you

PS does IOBIT techs respond on this forum?

I have been using ASC for years. Today I upgraded my Pro V7 to V8. I ran a complete scan and repair as usual. When I rebooted my system, I get hex dumps errors. Error Corrupted Registery! Is there a repair to do via ASC.....I am beyond anger with this.

Thanks for any help you can offer

Hi there,

Please find and zip all files under C:\windows\Minidump and send them to us.

To help you out of the problem, please send us the photo of hex dumps errors for us to look into.

Besides, please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelperV8.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop and please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

@ Scannan, Thanks for your kind reply.:-)

sounds to me that the pc is still trying to complete the updates, you said a message appeared saying >> do not turn of computer<< .

Id try the following

1 turn on the laptop and leave it on for an hour or so, it might complete the updates and restart itself normally.

2 if this does not work sounds like youll have to do a reinstall, NOT a repair, from your disk, remember to change your boot order in BIOS to boot from CD first.

Roy

Archived