IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IObit bad rating from WOT !!!!

luckyvic

Not at all good. What is going on here. Time to remove IObit progs?

can you ex plane the post? what is it now ?

i cant for the life of me work out what the programs supposed to link to ?

i get none-am i the only one? or block links? or are my filters stopping them -i do not notice? are you using a BETA ? -you are kidding? iobit 360 BETA post bugs or problems---what are you trying? bagging the program?

please that's not helping -any one be sure what you post ,think --

1 uninstall The beta

2 download the latest release

install it

3 see if that problems is still there

4 report it for fixing

than post it--if it is still there --to the proper thread please--

before you do go back and check the rating by WOT .whatever that is

making sure its the latest Build thy are rating--and Not a BETA that is in the BIN --it had problems now fixed-

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2378&stc=1&d=1257444673

itsmejjj

can you ex plane the post? what is it now ?

i cant for the life of me work out what the programs supposed to link to ?

i get none-am i the only one? or block links? or are my filters stopping them -i do not notice? are you using a BETA ? -you are kidding? iobit 360 BETA post bugs or problems---what are you trying? bagging the program?

please that's not helping -any one be sure what you post ,think --

1 uninstall The beta

2 download the latest release

install it

3 see if that problems is still there

4 report it for fixing

than post it--if it is still there --to the proper thread please--

before you do go back and check the rating by WOT .whatever that is

making sure its the latest Build thy are rating--and Not a BETA that is in the BIN --it had problems now fixed-

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2378&stc=1&d=1257444673

itsmejjj

No I'm not using beta. I posted this in the wrong section. EXCUSE ME!

I 'm talking about the rating of the IObit main webpage, forum and etc. You're VIP and don't know what WOT is? Tsk, tsk. Not good. "hint"; Way better than McAfee Site Advisor.

I'm seeing alot bad raps about IObit, I hope all gets work out soon.

Hi luckvick,

What would you expect after all this going on, even in IObit's own Forum?

This is not the wrong section, but if it is about the dispute, then it has it's own thread.

Well, itsmejj has taken it as it is.

I think it will take some time when all gets work out. That's what is wanted anyway.

One member, pointed that out that very well, the name of the game is Art of War!!!

Cheers.

don't take it personal the last few days we all copping it -many are on tender hooks ,twitchy- i read it as a other attack -

in trying to defend the programs,and iobit itself--saw this as advice that we should start to think uninstalling--

looking at the picture seeing a old version ,and looking like using that as,a weapon ,suddenly new people are appearing by the bus load--

slamming into us here,, trying every thing -i have been ticked 1 time already

for hopping into them,so now staying away from it saw it here ,the post looking as a other slammer . trying to upset the forum

You're VIP and don't know what WOT is?

-sorry but i never heard of wot--(WOT is community driven)that ex planes it ,

i don't use this type of site ,nor take notice,of them , like McFee, type advisory site -have no interest even looking --

i already posted my opinion on this type of nonsense (again no o'fence to be taken) and proven it-

any how take no offense here .on the post made by me -

thank you..

itsmejjj

OK

No, I wasn't trying to slam anyone here or IObit. I'm seeing plenty of sites "warning" about IObit. When I said that should "we" start uninstalling I was being sarcastic. It wasn't a good time to do that. I apologize.

I am happy with all IObit programs (not only the freeware) and always recommend them to everyone I know. I have been bugged by some them because of the crap flying the web and lot of them use WOT, which is a good program. IObit is being treated unfairly and I will contact them about it.

So, I hope we all cool here.

The thawte Web of Trust (WOT) is a Certification system that allows your identity to be validated for use in your Personal Certificate.

Join for free and:

* Sign your mail

* Validate your friends and acquaintances

* Accumulate Trust Points

* Access a directory of thawte Notaries that spans the globe

* Acquire a certificate containing your full name

* Become a thawte Notary and empower others to become fully trusted

In order to join the Web of Trust, you will be required to sign up for a Personal E-mail Certificate.

this it? ok if one want to do this --

well each to there own--

all is ok!

itsmejjj

In summary, it is not the time to be low-sprited.

Cheers.

Words to live by indeed! From what I have seen demonstrated there is a certain group of holier than thou people who thrive on the kind of flavor of the day controversy that IObit is currently experiencing and you can be sure that as soon as the next alleged scandal erupts in the computer security community they will have found the next victim of their brand of character assassination.

~Maxx~

i just done a check on this -no offense, but thy still got a good rating IOBIT

refer to

my rating post ..thank you

http://forums.iobit.com/showpost.php?p=29855&postcount=1

itsmejjj

jjj- The WOT ratings that you linked to unfortunately give IObit a yellow Reputation Rating in the 52-59 range out of a possible 100 in the primary areas of Trustworthiness, Reliability and Privacy all of which are in the Yellow zone which is a cautionary rating and not in the Green zone which is considered a good Reputation Rating on WOT and other reputation rating sites.

IObit's rating is now improving and hopefully over time IObit will be able to regain its WOT Green Reputation Rating once again.

~Maxx~

• 2 years later...

It is November of 2011 and WOT still has a bad reputation for this site!

Frankly, I do not care about what may or may not have happened; the point is that it undermines the purpose of WOT in that iOBit is a respectable and real company - it is NOT a fake site for something malicious hiding in disguise pretending to be IOBit, and it and its sites and forums are NOT a threat, especially to a user clicking on its web-pages.

Normally WOT is one of the best pro-active safety tools in existence, but that this has been allowed to go on for so long is not only ludicrous, but more importantantly unfairly forcing a Legitimate company with gifted software engineers and with an unprecedented product to suffer because of a grudge many years and versions of software in the past.

I did my part and gave it a perfect score; however, WOT closed down the comments for this site some time ago, so I cannot express my opinions there.

Is there anything else I/we can do?

Hi Toppack

The subject is up once again, so I took a look at the WOT site.

They have closed the comments for unregistered voters.

So it seems clear that WOT has found out that their method of evaluating sites has been too lax.

The new policy has the side effect that the "old" evaluation of IObit still stands, probably because users refrain from registering.

The WOT add-on application is downloaded around 28 Mill. times

The downloaded programs from IObit has been downloaded more than 50 Mill. times for ASC alone.

This in itself ought to tell WOT that their evaluation of IObit.com cannot be quite correct.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. A large proportion of negative comment probably comes from ranters, so perhaps negative comments should be weighed differently than positive ones.

No one, that I know, uses or trust WOT anyway,

but I suppose there are some that do.

I've read several reports of WOT Not being accurate and that it should be Ignored.

One thing for sure , this has been talked about a long time back ,and now seemed to pop up again, look ,this is now I think Nether Here Or There No one Takes Munch Notice Bar The OD Hard Cases, That gave a opinion, and it ended up in a Lesser recommendation from This Crowd, If you Look hard Iobit Has Moved Forwards By the Million,+ Thats a big Word!

So shows you most do not ether use this type of site or ignore, there warning..

and I wonder what..there is thats so dangerous?

Look If Any one Uses this type Of site Fine perhaps not a bad thing. if a user is new to the net..And at least go slow till he /she gets experience.

one thing no matter what we reply or say not every one is going to agree.

as for this site ,any poster I know about would not harm any one ,or member with links,

as far as I know thy check them before posting....so as no danger to a reader checking a link. or clicking the liks provided..

I do not mean the one time poster, I be careful what thy post any how..its the longer user with a lot of posts thats been moved up the ranks, thats usually fine and trust worthy.. but please note

you still should be careful, what you download or install be sure its safe any how..

As far as wot or Who ever well its up to you ...and posting here on what thy think well...??? .we all know what we know!

thats why we have moved forwards,and gaining many members..

trying to so call fix the rating that not now in real time or the software now used ,well my option is to leave it alone, forget wot and the like.....

I do not think thy are harming the forum or the software...

Mr Bean

Hi Toppack

The subject is up once again, so I took a look at the WOT site.

They have closed the comments for unregistered voters.

So it seems clear that WOT has found out that their method of evaluating sites has been too lax.

The new policy has the side effect that the "old" evaluation of IObit still stands, probably because users refrain from registering.

The WOT add-on application is downloaded around 28 Mill. times

The downloaded programs from IObit has been downloaded more than 50 Mill. times for ASC alone.

This in itself ought to tell WOT that their evaluation of IObit.com cannot be quite correct.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. A large proportion of negative comment probably comes from ranters, so perhaps negative comments should be weighed differently than positive ones.

Hi solbjerg,

Check the numbers in Ratings for IObit Forum (http://forums.iobit.com) and numbers Ratings http://www.IObit.com in WOT site and see what a nonsense it is.

Even putting aside the fact about IObit.com, I would throw down the gauntlet who ever says IObit Forum's Trustworthiness is unsatisfactory :-P

Cheers.

Hi enoskype

I have edited my numbers, but I think I saw 100 Mill. written somewhere some months ago.

Perhaps that was not for ASC alone - but that was what I thought so I added 50% to account for the rest of the programs.

It was just a guess - and if it is not true I apologize for misleading anyone.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg,

Check the numbers in Ratings for IObit Forum (http://forums.iobit.com) and numbers Ratings http://www.IObit.com in WOT site and see what a nonsense it is.

Even putting aside the fact about IObit.com, I would throw down the gauntlet who ever says IObit Forum's Trustworthiness is unsatisfactory :-P

Cheers.

hi enoskype

Yes at least I think.

Your use of the word gauntlet made me remember a Danish song by B.S. Ingemann

I alle de riger og lande (In all the kingdoms and nations)

One of the verses go like this (approximate translation - no rhyme) :-)

When men I threw my gauntlet

I opened my visor wide

They saw I was Ogier the Dane

and not some obscure slyboots

Cheers

solbjerg

I think you were right with 100 Mil. solbjerg, because, as of now the downloads for only ASC in cnet is 71,034,036.:grin:

Cheers.

RIGELAND.zip

Archived