IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Anti virus & registry cleaner am I right?

emttaff

Looks like a great program!!!

Everything you need to tweak the Ports is contained in the Comodo Firewall Pro. In the Comodo GUI to Firewall> Advanced> Network Security Policy and there you can edit the Ports to your heart's content.

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/4269BotchedIntrusionAttempts.jpg

The most recent Matousec Proactive Security Challenge rates Comodo #1 with a 100% score and as we can see from this screenshot the Comodo Firewall Pro has blocked 4269 Intrusion Attempts over 16 hours without a single instance of anyone or any computer being able to successfully snoop or invade the privacy of the computer and this is at default Application and Global Rule settings!

~Maxx~

Hi maxx. It looks like a great program but maybe more than this old man can understand. Is this a paid version?? Is it firewall and anti virus? Does it have a lot of setting? Can you xxxx things up if you don't know what your doing? My ports were all green. Why do I want to mess with them? The report said my PC was invisible to hackers and said perfect and very nice. I love to learn new things, so please tell me more. I wonder if you use certain words , which I won't use on this forum, if you are still invisible to 4269. I want to know how I can remain invisible. I'm only saying if you start talking like a terrorists, you will not be invisible very damn long. Ps thank you for your earlier post.--- gb

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi maxx. It looks like a great program but maybe more than this old man can understand. Is this a paid version?? Is it firewall and anti virus? Does it have a lot of setting? Can you xxxx things up if you don't know what your doing? My ports were all green. Why do I want to mess with them? The report said my PC was invisible to hackers and said perfect and very nice. I love to learn new things, so please tell me more.--- gb

garybear- Comodo Internet Security is 100% freeware (excepting the Pro version with live support that vman mentioned) and once downloaded you can choose from installing just the Firewall, the Firewall plus Defense+ HIPS should you want to use your own choice of Antivirus and the final option of the full CIS suite oncluding the Comodo Antivirus.

The CIS Suite at its default settings passed the Matousec Proactive Security Challenge with the only 100% of any security suite. CIS and all of its components are also fully customizable for those who have personalized settings for example I have used the Firewall Rules tp block Windows Media Player from reporting to Redmond every time it is used.

"The report said my PC was invisible to hackers and said perfect and very nice." Yes, but there are other exploits which hackers can perpetrate on your computer to gain information from or control of it which are simulated in these 34 Leak Tests. You might want to test your current security system with them and see what vulnerabilities exist, if any.

Earlier I posted a screenshot of CIS blocking 4269 intrusion attempts this is passive invisibility. Active invisibility can be achieved as you said by not attracting the attention of those monitoring the mirror copy of the internet who are constantly scanning for certain vocabulary that would identify any specific user as a threat to security.

In conclusion CIS was designed to be used in default mode 'right out of the box' as installed. The exciting part is that the upcoming CIS 4 will not only have this top rated security, but also Virtual Sandboxing and a Time Machine for the ultimate cure all at the same low price of absolutely free!

~Maxx~

Hi Max, feel im happy with firewall for time being, so lets start to speed up please.regards

emttaff

In order to proceed we need to have a baseline established in the form of a screenshot of the Vista Task Manager in its Performance setting done 5 minutes after the computer starts. This will serve as an xray would for a doctor who needs detailed information before starting a medical procedure. In our case we could call it a Vistaectomy.:-D

~Maxx~

Hi friend. This is what happened when I down loaded your comodo leak test . My new MSE anti virus didn't like it. I'm not impressed.

Quite to the contrary I am thoroughly impressed with your Microsoft Security Essentials!! The Leak Tests are only carefully crafted simulations of real world Firewall exploits and can not harm your computer and as your MSE Program wisely advised... Recommendation: Permit this detected item only if you trust the program or the software publisher.

Since your Microsoft Security Essentials has already quarantined the Leak Tests I would not recommend bothering to run them since obviously you already have excellent security in place and you've probably already had enough excitement for the day as these Leak Tests perform 34 very dramatic and totally realistic wholesale simulated assaults on the Firewall that only a few well set up Firewalls can pass 100%.

One of my on demand scanners also detects the Leak Tests which I have on file in one of my external drives and wants to quarantine them also, but I ignore it because it requires this kind of dangerous looking although simulated program to test the Firewall and evaluate its ability to thwart the worst kind of exploits that the Leak Tests are a benign form of.

I apologize for the shock that it must have caused to see your Microsoft Security Essentials suddenly jump into action like that over these simulated tests that do look like real threats, but for me it was the most dynamic proof I have seen yet of the immediate effectiveness of Microsoft Security Essentials and one live example is worth 1,000 words of praise for the program.

~Maxx~

emtaff- I remember the first time I ran the Leak Tests it about scared me to death as I watched Comodo Internet Security set up defense after defense against 34 very convincing simulated attempts to take over and corrupt my computer. Like you I got a perfect 340/340 and I had that same feeling of being very impressed with my new computer security system as you have now.

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/_comodo_logo1-1.png

We must always remember though that no matter how strong our computer software defenses are safe and intelligent computer operation are still the foundation upon which our overall computer security is built.

Concerning the Vista Task Manager specs that I requested from you to establish an Efficiency Benchmark I done have to see a screenshot of them all I really need are these numbers that you can copy from the Vista Task Manager taken 5 minutes after starting...

Physical Memory Being Used

Physical Memory

Cached

Free

Kernel Memory

Paged

Nonpaged

Number of Processes Running

Uptime

We will also need a Performance Baseline which can consist of a Transfer Rate in MBPS (see attachment) preferably of a large 1 GB+ video file sent between any 2 file locations on your computer or of a smaller 100 MB+ file containing jpegs which will be much slower, but still useable.

With these 2 sets of specifications to serve as an Efficiency and Performance Baselines we can begin to improve your Vista Computer and have a demonstratable record of how much progress we have made!

~Maxx~

HI Maxx

Hi friend. Yes it was a shock . That's the closest I've ever been to some thing like that. Thanks for the test for MSE. I think I'll keep MSE around for a while. I'll pass on the leak test, don't like that kind a excitement, I'm to old:lol: I guess I'll keep old Bill's Firewall also for now to work with his anti-virus. Thanks for the bear. (" I apologize for the shock that it must have caused to see your Microsoft Security Essentials suddenly jump into action like that over these simulated tests that do look like real threats, but for me it was the most dynamic proof I have seen yet of the immediate effectiveness of Microsoft Security Essentials and one live example is worth 1,000 words of praise for the program.)"

garybear- As you have so aptly pointed out the best home computer security is a simple yet effective one because if an experienced hacker collects a slew of IP addresses one of which is yours you certainly don't want to be the one that stands out as an ultra fortified fortress like the only home on the block with several rows of razor wire fence and 5 armed guards patrolling a 5' thick steel door protecting the entrance because the hacker will either instantly recognize this as his prime target because has been so well defended or he will take it as a challenge to his hacking skills either way the most over fortified target is the one that will attract the hacker's interest on both accounts.

The moral of the story is its safest to blend in and not to not draw undue attention by Keeping It Safe and Simple like you are so wisely doing.

~Maxx~

A hacker, with the proper amount of dedication and extra time, will get in through the toughest of securities.

I'm behind a router, a physical firewall, and an software firewall. Cruising through the streets of "teh internet" behind a proxy, just proved how crazy i get sometimes...

Oh, and PS, i just installed COMODO xD

garybear- As you have so aptly pointed out the best home computer security is a simple yet effective one because if an experienced hacker collects a slew of IP addresses one of which is yours you certainly don't want to be the one that stands out as an ultra fortified fortress like the only home on the block with several rows of razor wire fence and 5 armed guards patrolling a 5' thick steel door protecting the entrance because the hacker will either instantly recognize this as his prime target because has been so well defended or he will take it as a challenge to his hacking skills either way the most over fortified target is the one that will attract the hacker's interest on both accounts.

The moral of the story is its safest to blend in and not to not draw undue attention by Keeping It Safe and Simple like you are so wisely doing.

~Maxx~

love the comment well put.-ya forgot to add ,the 3 tanks just behind the door-and the 6 man armed with Baedekers.just be hind the tank's we don't muck about!

should thy manege to penetrate all of this -not a problem

now thy got to get pass the wife..and let me tell you all ,go ahead make HER DAY!!!

i tell ya this ,its a horrible sight! she sent them screaming never ta return!

ya cab trust me on this..

I like the intensity of Malware Defender more. It has more options, it's a GEEKS heaven.

I would ask you guys to try it, but please keep in mind, this is a classical HIPS like comodo, and is more "advance".

I could upload the rules i use, but, I would have to do that with my virutal machine for the most common apps. This might actually work.

Stealthed!!

uehhh, well ya protected fully stealth ed!

If its not broken, you haven't tweaked it enough. how true....!!

and looking at the ad var i think to my self yep he is --

haaa,sorry

Hi jjj. With the help of a very special friend I have learned that I can not become stealthed because my server will not support changing my ip address. If I use a program like IP blocker and It continues to change my ip all the time , my wife can not send emails. Now if you want to grab a tiger by the tail; just stop my wife from emailing her friends. I'm not to smart but I am damn sure not stupid enough to stop that. I really have nothing a hacker would want. Thank you for your support my friend but looks like I will have to pass on this for now.----gary

I really have nothing a hacker would want.----gary

You and me both! My computer has the Vista Operating System plus a minimalist 2.1 GB of programs installed with no valuable information whatsoever. If a hacker did get in to my computer it would be some very slim pickin's indeed!:cry:

~Maxx~

emttaff- Move the cursor over an open space on the task bar which most people keep at the bottom of the screen, right click and then choose Task Manager from the context menu and select it by left clicking on it. An alternate method in Vista is to press ctrl-alt-delete and then choose Task Manager. Either way you choose to start Task Manager make sure that you select the 'Performance' tab to obtain the data that we need.

I'm looking forward to seeing your computer's specs. Every Vista computer I have worked on has had a remarkably different and very individualized way of using Memory with widely varying performance characteristics.

~Maxx~

I'm working on a set of rules for MD...i might upload it here, and you guys can give it a try, but, problem is, my computer and yours will be different, but the majority of the rules should be the same.

XP systems only.

Anyone interested?

vman- Anything that you want to post about nth Degree Security measures for any OP are always welcomed. I would check out your Malware Defender Rules Thread even though I don't run XP just for the opportunity to pick up some more valuable tips on nth Degree Security from you as I have in the past.

~Maxx~

Hi Maxx and emttaff

taskmgr in Run works too :-)

Mentioned in Usage of IObit Products in the Lounge section :-)

Also a description on how to save the tasklist as a text file.

Cheers

solbjerg

emttaff- Move the cursor over an open space on the task bar which most people keep at the bottom of the screen, right click and then choose Task Manager from the context menu and select it by left clicking on it. An alternate method in Vista is to press ctrl-alt-delete and then choose Task Manager. Either way you choose to start Task Manager make sure that you select the 'Performance' tab to obtain the data that we need.

I'm looking forward to seeing your computer's specs. Every Vista computer I have worked on has had a remarkably different and very individualized way of using Memory with widely varying performance characteristics.

~Maxx~

vman- Anything that you want to post about nth Degree Security measures for any OP are always welcomed. I would check out your Malware Defender Rules Thread even though I don't run XP just for the opportunity to pick up some more valuable tips on nth Degree Security from you as I have in the past.

~Maxx~

You make it sound so bad...

Definition of bad:

adjective

very good, excellent; COOL, AWESOME

vman- If you're referring to the modern slang definition of the word bad then yes I think being able to check out your advanced set of Malware Defender Rules would be a glimpse of the baddest HIPS rules around. :wink: Someone's got to go to the extreme just to drag most people to the middle!

~Maxx~

Archived