IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

AVG users who wish to not have blocks, please post here!

Melvin_Deal

I have had to uninstall AVG because they are issuing blocks against IOBIT.

I have installed AVIRA and am unhappy because they are currently revising their update process and manual updating is necessary. Some on their forum suggest subscribing to the pro edition free for one month while they fix this. I wish not to do this so am going to uninstall AVIRA and install AVAST.

Any suggestions/feedback/advice for AVG users/ex-users?

PS! Iobit team is already addressing this with AVG people!

Hi All,

We have contacted AVG for solving this issue as soon as possible.

Thanks for all your support.:-D

You can temporarily disable Link Scanner.

Cheers.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2482&d=1257991081

Hi Pesty,

You can find in the forum how someone have written an e.mail to them and also the Krissy's note about it.

It tries to block even the Forum site.

You can disable the Link Scanner of AVG for temporarily solving the problem untill IObit solves it with AVG.

Have a look at the attachment for temporary solution.

Cheers.

Hi Melvin_Deal,

After all those advices, I have uninstalled my AVG Pro and already using Microsoft Security Essentials on my Windows7 temporarily, and it is doing good at the moment with quite a good deal of detection.

Cheers.

hi all

I believe it is not right to act in a haste and under emotional pressure.

I do keep AVG 9.0 Free version and i disable link-scanner temporarily thru AVG Tool-bar (Total Protection tab/Untick 2 first boxes) when i want to enter IOBIT web-pages.

Of course i found this action by AVG very wrong.

A colleague of mine suggested me to install a Version of BitDefender 2009-pro

Does anyone know whether this older version of Bit-Defender is released for free and for how long is valid and continue to update ?

thanks

i

have you thought about why all of these respectful security company start blocking iobit, apart from the fact you think they are wrong/stupid/bad program?

It because they are blocking iobit for good reason. Ask on avg forum yourself.

Dear jimczyz,

Curious as to when you last updated? Perhaps the issue has been resolved with AVG and comes with their newest update.

I last received an update a few days ago to the engine, I an running 9.0.707 and have not had any problems at all navigating Iobits or anyone elses websites.

hi all

if jimczyz is right , and i have no reason not to believe him it seems that AVG decided to block the acess to IOBit environment for the users of the free-version of AVG 9.0.707

by the way the AVG virus data base is 270.14.66/2504

jimczyz are sure LINK-SCANNER of AVG active ?

cheers

MSE for me and my friend.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2482&d=1257991081

Hi Melvin_Deal,

After all those advices, I have uninstalled my AVG Pro and already using Microsoft Security Essentials on my Windows7 temporarily, and it is doing good at the moment with quite a good deal of detection.

Cheers.

Hi. I'm going with my friend and hero enoskype, and using Microsoft Security Essentials. I have done my share of bitching about Bill Gates, but I'm going to trust him on this. Although there have been mistakes from Microsoft in the past, this looks real good to me. The way I see this; the other way is with Maxx and his sandboxie. I',m having a hard time letting loose of the 40$:smile: I believe that MSE will put some of these virus programs out of business in the future: that's just my opinion. Its very simple and user friendly, nothing to set up. Its ready to go and very lite.--gbPS it's getting great reviews and it's very easy for us old shits to understand. I have no beefs with AVG, I used it for years and never had a virus. This little deal with IObit360 got me looking and now I will never go back to AVG even though I do not blame them for their actions.

hi all

if jimczyz is right , and i have no reason not to believe him it seems that AVG decided to block the acess to IOBit environment for the users of the free-version of AVG 9.0.707

by the way the AVG virus data base is 270.14.66/2504

jimczyz are sure LINK-SCANNER of AVG active ?

cheers

Yes, all parts of Avg are active on my end.

hi jimczyz

reading some posts in this thread i conclude that AVG blocks IOBIT whether u use free or pro version.

So it seems strange that in your case there is no nitification by AVG scanner for IOBit site.

AVG interface may show the Link-Scanner active but maybe your Web-Browser or other program and settings DISABLE it when you are surfing in INTERNET.

Check about.

cheers

Look, listen, learn

Post# 15

hi all

Good News Guys. AVG 9.0 Link-Scanner update stopped blocking IOBit at last

cheers

Post# 18

Well, this sure is an ADDED bonus to running AVG, they block IObit.

Great job AVG - keep up the great work!

It is best to read (or listen to) what others have to say before commenting.

Now I suggest you get back to your homework, an education and commitment will pave the way to a bright future :wink:

All the best, woz of oz

MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials)

I just migrated to MSE.

When AVG blocked my access to IObit, I uninstalled it (It doesn't block anymore) and went for Avira, but the splach screen coming up to nag you irritated me so I uninstalled it and took MSE instead.

It has a small footprint, - is really fast and doesn't interfere too much with operation. In my opinion a good choice for the ordinary user.

I think I will stay with that, - haven't found anything that irritates me yet :-)

And it is free if you have a licensed copy of Windows OS.

Cheers

solbjerg

Archived