IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

COMODO Leak Test

itsmejjj

Hi Maxx

garybear- I find it difficult to associate your message of passing the leak test with the graphic that you posted along with it saying that you were unable to connect GRC leak test. If you have indeed installed Comodo and have successfully passed the 34 Leak Tests then congratulations are due on your enhanced level of personal control over your computer security.

At first all of the myriad of options do seem overwhelming, but once separated out into their basic functions you will realize that at the default settings Comodo tests 100% effective and that custom settings are only required in a few instances and that each one of those is GUI configured. In order to try to help you with any custom settings that you would like to do to take full control of how your computer operates exactly how much of the Comodo Internet Security package which includes the basic components of the Comodo Firewall Pro, Proactive Defense+ HIPS and the Antivirus module did you choose to install?

Congratulations on your new, improved and most importantly of all user programmable windshield!!! http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/GBGuyAnim.gif

~Maxx~

Hi Maxx. I have not tried your leak test yet. I have installed only the Comodo firewall for now. I'm learning all the options and trying to figure things out. I would appreciate any advice you have for me. My leak test is from Gibson. I'm not sure I did that right either but Comodo blocked it and said I was good. I'm still playing around with it. Try this leak test and let me know what happens. Comodo is sure picky and I have had a lot of pop ups and warnings to allow. I'll get the hang of it some day . Thanks my friend.--- garybear http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad93/gandorwig/MSN-Emoticon-applause-004.gif

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

garybear- It is a long road to get the Comodo Firewall to handle your programs just how you want, but that's what comes with having complete control. One very simple thing you can do is to Stealth all of your ports using the Comodo Stealth Ports Wizard which is accessed by going to the Firewall> Stealth Ports Wizard and invoking the option to...

Block all incoming connections Stealth my Ports to everyone

The windshield of your computer security just got tinted so that no one can see in any longer.

~Maxx~

Hi Maxx

garybear- It is a long road to get the Comodo Firewall to handle your programs just how you want, but that's what comes with having complete control. One very simple thing you can do is to Stealth all of your ports using the Comodo Stealth Ports Wizard which is accessed by going to the Firewall> Stealth Ports Wizard and invoking the option to...

Block all incoming connections Stealth my Ports to everyone

The windshield of your computer security just got tinted so that no one can see in any longer.

~Maxx~

Hi Maxx. That was easy. Whats next??---gary

gearybear- To define a custom policy for a program just go to Firewall> Advanced> Network Security Policy highlight the program by clicking on it and then choosing Edit in the right hand column. In this example we have a Web Browser so select Use a Custom Policy and click Copy From and select Web Browser and the parameters that you see in the screenshot will be applied when you click apply and then ok at the bottom of the screen.

~Maxx~

Hi maxx

gearybear- To define a custom policy for a program just go to Firewall> Advanced> Network Security Policy highlight the program by clicking on it and then choosing Edit in the right hand column. In this example we have a Web Browser so select Use a Custom Policy and click Copy From and select Web Browser and the parameters that you see in the screenshot will be applied when you click apply and then ok at the bottom of the screen.

~Maxx~

Whats next????

garybear- Let's take DNS Benchtest for an example. To change its firewall ruls simply ckick on the rule you want to change and then click edit at the bottom of the window and this will bring up all the different changes you can make. At the top is a drop down list of the choices...

Allow, Block, Ask

Protocol you are making this rule for TCP, UDP, TCP or UDP, ICPM, IP

and then choose if the rule is for inbound or outbound traffic.

There are also more specific parameters that can be set regarding IP addresses, but if you simply want to stop a program from phoning home you won't need to deal with that yet.

I started out with the simple programs that I wanted to block both in and out like WMP who loves to phone Redmond every chance it gets then I moved on to the programs that I wanted to Ask Permission to go up to the internet so that the decision would be mine. For me it was basically setting the programs to communicate like I want them to and to make sure that none of them were reporting information back to their home when it wasn't for a legitimate reason like an update. Be sure to make use of the extensive help menu available at the bottom of each page I learned almost everything that I know about this Firewall from reading through the very detailed instructions. It may take awhile to do all that you want to do to you're new Firewall, but I guarantee that it will get easier as you go and you will be much better off than you were before because now you have the opportunity to control what goes in and out of your computer.

~Maxx~

Hi Maxx

garybear- Let's take DNS Benchtest for an example. To change its firewall ruls simply ckick on the rule you want to change and then click edit at the bottom of the window and this will bring up all the different changes you can make. At the top is a drop down list of the choices...

Allow, Block, Ask

Protocol you are making this rule for TCP, UDP, TCP or UDP, ICPM, IP

and then choose if the rule is for inbound or outbound traffic.

There are also more specific parameters that can be set regarding IP addresses, but if you simply want to stop a program from phoning home you won't need to deal with that yet.

I started out with the simple programs that I wanted to block both in and out like WMP who loves to phone Redmond every chance it gets. Be sure to make use of the extensive help menu available at the bottom of each page I learned almost everything that I know about this Firewall from reading through the very detailed instructions. It may take awhile to do all that you want to do to you're new Firewall, but I guarantee that it will get easier as you go and you will be much better off than you were before because now you have the opportunity to control what goes in and out of your computer.

~Maxx~

Hi Maxx. Thanks my friend I'll let you rest for now. You are greatly appreciated my friend.---garybear

My leak test is from Gibson. I'm not sure I did that right either but Comodo blocked it and said I was good no it would be blocked..as the site is considered as a threat by the fire wall...(its testing meted)

let me tell you you are ..even at the default setting..i mean without any interference on your part..please be aware and careful how and what you change..as not to end up blocking your self..

make a special back up of the now new installed system..so lets say there is a error made a fast restore and as you know yea back ...to the install stage..

but enjoy the fire wall...now as for the anti virus .well here is my 1 cent worth..

DO not install it..! i use this one now and its plenty ok

itsmejjj

garybear- I have done Macrium Reflect Image Backups containing several different Comodo configurations that I have made I even have one from way back which includes the entire CIS Suite along with all of the configurations, but using Sandboxie I doubt that I'll go back to using antiquated Antivirus software ever again.

Have fun configuring your new Firewall just the way you want it!:smile:

~Maxx~

Hi jjj and Maxx

Thanks friends!!! I love you both and you know what I mean. Its not sexual!!!! Thanks for your friend ship.---garybear While doing chemo for six months I always told my friends that I loved them before I left the clinic because some of them did not make it back for another treatment. I still have the habit. We never know what tomorrow has in-store for us. I hope my comment does not offend you.

Its not sexual!!!! yes i know this.we can love a man ,woman,child ,pet.the world we live in ..and mean it..

but let me tell you i got a few friends ,that are funny bunnies.by hey there are truly nice. trustworthy, and are always welcome..and i care less even if some are,so what. .thy do not attempt any thing fine with me....but thy are human as well .and i know what you say.

itsmejjj

Hi Maxx

garybear- That's great, but this is what your computer's online image has become...

Hi Maxx. Can you tell me why Comodo is blocking all these IP's and why?? I'm trying to find what it all means but no luck so far, Also in my other screen print my option refuses to stay and goes back to the top after I leave. Thanks Maxx.----garybear

Just pooping in and out

....Also in my other screen print my option refuses to stay and goes back to the top after I leave........

Hi garybear

Since I too investigated this I will just give you the quick answer and then step out

Maxx is doing a great job of guiding you :smile:

You have done it properly because that pop-up screen said you did, but as you say, when you re-open that screen the 'wizard' will have the top selection hi-lighted.

Ignore this, your settings are still ok.

It is a just bad idea that will hopefully be corrected soon (many complaints about this in the forum)

This is from the Comodo forum

That's correct though the settings are set to the option you chose, only this "wizard" doesn't remember that, if you open your Network Security Policy and go to the global tab you'll see a a Block IP any rule on the bottom, that's where the "Stealth ports wizard" writes it's settings.... So what you see is just a GUI annoyance....

I now return you to your regular broadcast :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

Hi woz of oz.

Hi garybear

Since I too investigated this I will just give you the quick answer and then step out

Maxx is doing a great job of guiding you :smile:

You have done it properly because that pop-up screen said you did, but as you say, when you re-open that screen the 'wizard' will have the top selection hi-lighted.

Ignore this, your settings are still ok.

It is a just bad idea that will hopefully be corrected soon (many complaints about this in the forum)

This is from the Comodo forum

I now return you to your regular broadcast :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

Thanks woz of oz. Your doing a great job my friend. Thank you. I might check out that forum.---garybear

Maybe look but don't touch

I might check out that forum.---garybear

Browse through and read if you want but it sure can be confusing at times.

I'm not trying to rubbish the forum, I visit it every day and it has some great info and help but many times it seems to be people who know what they are talking about, talking to people who know what they are talking about

Quite often I have no idea what they are talking about :?

2 of the questions I asked got excellent replies but 4 of my questions have got no reply at all :sad:

My suggestion, stay with Maxx he will guide you well :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

ok i redid this ta show ya how i would post a ask you notice the blanking out

please ,this is my idea,i wanted to alert you ,but its non of my bizzness if you

post as you see fit..if i did wrong in showing you this my apology

the second pic is my info and nothing can be used by a nasty type.

we all get the idea what you ask .but i now have far to much info ,reveling

about where your isp is and your pooled ip..that you use..

you may want to redo the post or dilte the pick? like i say its non of my bizzness

but i wanted as a fried to say you may ..

itsmejjj

Hi special friend jjj.

GE i hope i am dead wrong!! like i say .i hate the idea someone may know..

and no i do not want ta know ..i just went into a panic you may of be showing it..

Hi my special friend jjj. I do not know one thing about IP's and I'm trying to learn. I think my IP chances all the time, But I do not know that. I'm a big fan of yours my friend and I thank you. I'm sending you a PM to see if it is what you thought it was. I thought I was stealth.----garybear PS I have removed the screen print!!! Thanks jjj.

stealth. yes you are that .but a ip cant be hidden .unless one is using a proxy..

a other ip that hides the real one ..like in my case .you never see or trace my real one.but the one i do show ,(proxcy) thy know where i am from .but no 0ther Pearson can...as in hacker .

do not worry about that now..post this info is ok .but look at my caps ta see what ya need ta blank out

dont worry ya learning fast!!

itsmejjj

Hi jjj

stealth. yes you are that .but a ip cant be hidden .unless one is using a proxy..

a other ip that hides the real one ..like in my case .you never see or trace my real one.but the one i do show ,(proxcy) thy know where i am from .but no 0ther Pearson can...as in hacker .

do not worry about that now..post this info is ok .but look at my caps ta see what ya need ta blank out

dont worry ya learning fast!!

itsmejjj

I have removed the screen print. Thanks friend. I do not know these things.---garybear

Archived