IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

PM Spam from Lady_Admin

JustDave

I just received the following PM from Lady_Admin...

"Dear, Janet Sauve;JustDave;best1syn2oil;ektorbarajas;dlareg!

A virus alert was noticed on your computer.

We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: 'http://antivirus.**********.com/Janet' Sauve;JustDave;best1syn2oil;ektorbarajas;dlareg

----------------------------------------------------

Sincerely, Forum Administration forums.iobit.com."

I'm thinking a sharp rap across the knuckles is in order.

Edit:samr - disabling address. Thanks Dave!

PM Spam

Hi Samr,

Just checked my PM's and the same message was there. Appears that the entire forum membership has been hit, as there were multiple user names in the message header. Usually don't let spam upset me that much, but I look at forum as being our place, and admit I did get a little riled.

A.T.

Hi tailor

As samr says - it is very important that forum members makes us aware of this kind of spamming and misdirection.

We do not know if they are malicious persons using this method for their maliciousness before we get that sort of feedback.

Possibly IObit could limit the number of users reached through PM's to one instead of five for ordinary users, that would make it 5 times more labor intensive for the spammers/misdirectors to use this method for their spam-spreading.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Samr,

Just checked my PM's and the same message was there. Appears that the entire forum membership has been hit, as there were multiple user names in the message header. Usually don't let spam upset me that much, but I look at forum as being our place, and admit I did get a little riled.

A.T.

well now looks like you are the next hit --who ever or what ever a coincidence?

itsmejjj

Just checked my PM's and the same message was there. Appears that the entire forum membership has been hit

i just notice this..i was not dreaming ..or thinking its just a few of us..

interesting.i got nothing

Sincerely, Forum Administration forums.iobit.com." haaa very cleaver indeed

how the heck can this happen?

i assume if read ya get a virus? --how is that possable in a pm?

Hi JustDave,

FYI, "she" is registered as a "he", and has no connection to Iobit forum!:shock::twisted:

samr.

school holidays ya think? haaa nothing better to do ..

no this happened also on pcflank ..a lot .spam or whatever..i my self rarely use the Pm --and only if i know the poster..if not just delete it..unless the member

has told myself, he/she is making the PM first..

but this should pass soon .i do not know in the US how long kids get holidays

but here ,7 weeks of..

should only be used if the message is truly private ---i think this what happened to GARY ,very similar type of scam..but in Email, he now fixed.

yes can happen any time .trusting without really looking ..at what it is.assume its all good..

please be carfull .and report any scam..to the admins as soon as possible..

itsmejjj

Hi JJJ!

Not really an attack!!:mrgreen:

Just another method of using the limitations/freedoms here to post spam...

Although these spam posts take time and personal attention, no automatic to it.

Caution not to let the actions of the few, limit the freedom and promise of the many!?!

-Mel

Archived