IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

About the use of IObit's products

solbjerg

I added this today in Miscellaneous in Usage of IObit Products in the Lounge section of the forum.

Shortcut Fixer

There seems to be a problem in Vista (64) and in Windows 7 with this application.

Thanks to Graham Newey there is now these two links to guide you

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=26275#post26275

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972035

Cheers

solbjerg

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Regarding ASC

I recently downloaded and installed both the standard (for the desktop) and portable (for the USB drive) free versions of this product. I wish to convey my appreciation of your hard work in providing an amazing amount of utilities available within a marvelous interface. As much as I'm truly impressed and pleased to discover this nearly perfect swiss-army knife suite of software I do have some suggestions which I'd like to see in the free product.

Malware:

Background:

I observed that my browser was crawling every more slowly into complete uselessness. I was confused why this was happening as I was using Avast on the desktop and ran scans regularly. On impulse I decided to run a portable version of Clamav for windows from my portable USB device. It picked up something which Avast missed, called w6bar.dll. The report is included here for your review, because Avast personnel explained to me that they had not heard of it. After running Clamav, a few days later I installed onto the same USB drive something called SpyDLLRemover which is quite a nice piece of software as well as it also points one to online contacts investigating such malware. According to those contacts w6bar.dll is still under evaluation. Clamav's report though terse is clear that it is a virus and therefore I believed that your team should be made of aware and given the opportunity to modify your software to discover w6bar.dll and strip it out. Here's what Clamav reported:

=======================

Scan Started Tue Oct 20 09:45:56 2009

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*** Scanning Programs in Computer Memory ***

*** Memory Scan: using ToolHelp ***

C:\Program Files\MyWebSearchWB\bar\1.bin\W6BAR.DLL: Removed.

*** Scanned 41 processes - 470 modules ***

*** Computer Memory Scan Completed ***

C:\Program Files\MyWebSearchWB\bar\1.bin\W6BAR.DLL: Adware.Mywebsearch-3 FOUND

----------- SCAN SUMMARY -----------

Known viruses: 630649

Engine version: 0.95.2

Scanned directories: 0

Scanned files: 511

Infected files: 1

Data scanned: 211.38 MB

Data read: 0.00 MB (ratio 0.00:1)

Time: 212.844 sec (3 m 32 s)

--------------------------------------

Completed

--------------------------------------

====================

As Clamav is open source and your free product appears to follow that model, you may be able to learn how they did what they did and implement it.

However obviously your commercial products and tools may require a more thorough and vigorous strategy. In fairness, none of the other commercial anti-malware vendors caught this one either, as far as I know.

Utilities Recommendation:

In addition to what you already offer I find myself needing a tool removing specific files and folders which I've determined should be destroyed. You already include a powerful utility (Cloned Files Finder) which is quite capable of removing copies of files and folders. As that tool is already there, the one modification I'd recommend is an option to select files and folders which need to be removed but which are not clones. Before I receive any comments, I'm quite aware that just because a request appears obvious and simple doesn't mean that implementing it is. Perhaps Cloned Files Finder is designed to do just one task; I suggested this approach because a separate tool to implement the task I'm requesting appears to me unreasonable as opposed to a modification of an already existing tool to expand one function into two.

If this adaptation is possible; I'd like to see it available for the free portable version of your product.

All the best...

Hi aguilarojo,

Good point, since the Secure File Deletion DOD 5220.22-M exists in ASC 3 for Junk Files Clean, why should it not be adapted for user choice!!!

It should also be used in IS 360.

There is very useful information in USAGE of IOBIT PRODUCTS thread in Lounge section of the Forum.

For the "MyWebSearchWB", I would strongly advice to use IObit Security 360 (IS 360) software from IObit, and even free version.You can find the download link in THIS thread.

IObit Security 360 is an advanced malware & spyware removal utility that detects, removes and protects your PC from various of potential spyware, adware, trojans, keyloggers, bots, worms, and hijackers. With the unique "Dual-Core" engine and the heuristic malware detection, IObit Security 360 detects the most complex and deepest spyware and malware in a very fast and efficient way. IObit Security 360 has a real-time malware protection and frequent automatic updating for prevention of zero-day security threats. IObit Security 360 can work with your Antivirus for a superior PC security.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Help

Can somebody help me.I have AD SYST CARE PRO installed,I downloaded windows S..Care free.I ran a scan and Security Defence showed thousands of problems but on my Avanced System Care Pro it has never found any problems at all.

So what is going on, in fact it turned up other probs that do not show up either.Is my Pro working properly or not.

thankyou for your time.Belana

Hi Belana

Try restoring your system in Windows system restore to just before you installed ASC free.

I think that what happened was this - you had ASC pro installed and had configured the settings there - then you installed ASC free and because of that I suspect you lost the settings you had been building up in ASC pro.

Therefore it behaves as if it is starting from scratch, I think.

Cheers

solbjerg

Can somebody help me.I have AD SYST CARE PRO installed,I downloaded windows S..Care free.I ran a scan and Security Defence showed thousands of problems but on my Avanced System Care Pro it has never found any problems at all.

So what is going on, in fact it turned up other probs that do not show up either.Is my Pro working properly or not.

Help

Um I thought that windows care was different Ok.But why was it so many on one and not hardly any on others as I would have had heaps on others too ??? its ok this type of thing happens to ONLY ME.

Shall I delete Windows Care then.????

Oh to have a full time ad min to keep me out of trouble.A little knowledge is dangerous.

Thank goodness for system restore.

Thankyou so much.

Hi Belana

What is the reason for your duplicate post?

Cheers

solbjerg

oh dear

Hi Belana

What is the reason for your duplicate post?

Cheers

solbjerg

Buggered if I know! just get lost on here will delete instead of restore in case

I put them all back again. lol As with me keep it simple and still mess up.:roll:

Hi Belana

If you still have ASC pro on your machine payed for and all, I think you should keep it, it has a few functions that are missing in the free version.

Just remember to click the update button in the program from time to time.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. were you installing one of the rather old AWC version, that is counterproductive. ASC is better

AWC was succeded by ASC (microsoft objected to the Windows part of the title so they had to change the name)

Um I thought that windows care was different Ok.But why was it so many on one and not hardly any on others as I would have had heaps on others too ??? its ok this type of thing happens to ONLY ME.

Shall I delete Windows Care then.????

Oh to have a full time ad min to keep me out of trouble.A little knowledge is dangerous.

Thank goodness for system restore.

Thankyou so much.

• 2 weeks later...

Addition to screenshots and attachements in Usage ---

wozofoz provided an addition to the in the title mentioned post:

If you want to remove your Attachment (ZIP or Image etc):

• Click Edit at the bottom of your post

• Click Go Advanced

• Scroll down and click Manage Attachments

• Under the heading Current attachments you will see your Attachment

• Click Remove (on the right)

• When removed click Close this window

• Click Save Changes

Provided by wozofoz - thank you my friend

I placed it there and the above is copied from there :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Native country

Hi all

I added this in the Announcement section today:

p.s. Please leave information as to what your native country is in your profile. This can sometimes assist other users that are trying to be of assistance in finding out what the problem is.

The language used can sometimes be the culprit in an encountered error, and furthermore the knowledge of a users native language can sometimes lead to a better understanding of what is being said by a a user that have problems explaining the problem precisely in English.

Cheers

solbjerg