IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Ask dumb questions here!!!

garybear

I always have a lot of dumb questions. I try to Google them, but I don't always find good answers. I thought I would start this thread and see if anyone else has a dumb question. Maybe some one knows a better way. I know some of you have dumb questions. I Goggled (Is it safe to remove shell/bag) I got some stupid answers. When I remove a program, I use RegSeeker to find left over registry entries and I get (string to long and shell/bag. I always wonder if they are safe to delete, and so I leave them alone. I don't want to make more work for our administrators, but for you guys whit nothing to do, you could answer dumb questions. I'm not removing these programs. I'm just using them for examples. This could be a fun thread!!

GARY

Can someone help with this. What are all these files below Windows, and are they needed???

na get rid of the all .then reboot see what happens..then you will find out if you need them or not

what you do is -start from the first directory.on your pc..

pick the first file kill it.reboot

do this for the next and so on.

when you got this sorted out -probably take a week..

do it with the next directory

till you sorted all and every file on the cp.

now a month of reinstalling .limiting.and sorting.you will know..

what you need or not..

i would think that by the time you did one directory you would get sick of this,,but you would kow what you needed or not.

we call this testing .trying .monkey about..

we here sitting looking at a captured picture cannot tell you what you can or cannot get rid of..

and i would certainly not even try ..

itsmejjj

Gary, just a practical approach could be copying the files to a safe place and deleting the originals, so if anything goes wrong, you can copy them back to the original place and delete the ones in the safe place.

One thing is near certain that the "Copy of the ....****.**" files can be deleted. Most probably they are created by wrong highlighting and mass moving the original files in the same folder.

Those kind of copy files can be of use if you know that an update is replacing or deleting the original file, and you want to keep the original.

Cheers.

Hi friends!!

Hi friends. I backed up with Macrium and pulled the trigger. I'm left with two and they look important, so I'll leave those. I haven't found any thing that isn't working the way it's supposed to. I'll keep checking every thing, but so far all is well. Thanks friends!!

Hi sunny!!

gary do a test print and a scanner

Hi sunny!! My printer wasn't acting right, and I'm in the process of reinstalling it. I 'm uninstalling it and cleaning up old files and folders right now. Then I'll put my HP disk in and reinstall. I'm getting rid of a lot of crap that's built up over the years. I might break it, but I've wanting a new printer any way. This one is 6 years old. I'm sure they are new and improved by now. This ones uses the old ink cartridges and they are very expensive. I really don't use it that much ,but it's handy when I need it. I think they have gotten fairly cheep.

Hi sunny!!

gary do a test print and a scanner

Hi sunny!! Every thing looks good after clean install. Only problem is I can't use the button settings in the director, but I can get there from another places. I've always had minor problems with the director, so it's no big deal; I just work around it. There is usually two ways to get where your going:-D HP has good products , but there soft ware leaves a lot to be desired. They aren't that helpful when you ask them questions. It works good enough for me, so I'll save my money for a while longer.

GARY

HP are top dog when it comes to printers, their software often takes bad hits for dodgy reg cleaners more so if you have an allinone. You soon learn to id your hp reg keys [ they do not always mention hp in the key title] and deselect them from deletion.

ccleaner and iobit ASC are hp friendly and never mess with hp registry keys.

regseeker is an excellent bit of kit but tread carefully before deleting what it finds I only use the "find in registry" option after uninstalls never touch the "clean registry" option.

Hi, sunny,

I only use the "find in registry" option after uninstalls never touch the "clean registry" option.
I've found it's safe to delete the dozen or so green entries from the three or four hundred it usually finds.

Hi friends!!

Hi sunny and Ted. If your only deleting green entries, your leaving a lot of trashy on your PC. Pull the trigger, Macrium will stand by you.If you uninstall a program with Revo or advanced uninstaller, run CClearner registry cleaner, ASC3 and then RegSeeker. Just make sure the blue entries are exactly like the name of the program you uninstalled. If your scared of RegSeeker . just tick whole word.

Archived