IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

What antivirus program is the best for a computer?

madinjeck

I know that Norton might rock, but myself personally, I can't tolerate the way it uses all of my ram and slows my computer down. I use spy bot, but that isn't enough. Is there anyone out there who knows of an antivirus program that will not eat up my bank account or my computer's capacity to function at a normal rate? Thank you for your time......

AVAST 4 Home Edition had the highest rate of virus detection (92%), followed by AntiVir Personal Edition Classic at 85% and AVG Free Edition at 81%.

However, Avast higher detection was offset by a correspondingly higher rate of false positives, 9 total compared

AntiVir at only 2. Conversely,

AVG scored the lowest in both categories, racking up 11 false positives.

I got this sum up from a site that went into this.

As an alternative you may be interested in AntiVir probly nice and cheep (Free).

***://www.filehippo.com/download_antivir/

If you can afford it (kesbersk AV) would be the top of the heap, as you asked for av programs besides Norton.

Do not like any of the suggested? Have a look at Alvira as already posted above this one, or try the one below this post.

I do not know if they are free, as the posters did not say.

Mr Bean

Answer to this question can be found at "techsupportalert.com" (Gizmo's site) run their Security Wizard. It asks some basic questions regarding operating system and level of tech savy and makes recommendations for AV, Firewall and anti-malware. Looking at my own installations, it does an great job for anyone looking for security programs. It doesn't lock you in to a specific program as it offers alternatives.

A.T

Hi atailor

Good advice!!

Cheers

solbjerg

Answer to this question can be found at "techsupportalert.com" (Gizmo's site) run their Security Wizard. It asks some basic questions regarding operating system and level of tech savy and makes recommendations for AV, Firewall and anti-malware. Looking at my own installations, it does an great job for anyone looking for security programs. It doesn't lock you in to a specific program as it offers alternatives.

A.T

You need more than just a good anti-virus!

I've never had a virus or infection.

You need more than just a good anti-virus.

I have Avira AV free, Online Armor Firewall free, and Superantispyware running in real time.(no conflicts)

I use Firefox browser with WOT, No Script, and Add Blocker.

I keep all my Apps. up dated.

I make a back image of my OS every time I make a major change or a least once a month. I use common sense when I surf the web.

I don't have any UP2P apps. or exchange any files with anyone.

I stay away from facebook and twitter.

I don't down load music or movies.

I don't use java.

I do use adobe flash player but keep it up dated.

I use Foxit Reader for PDF files

For free antiviruses i would recommend:

-Avast

-AVG

-Avira

Paid:

-Norton Internet Security 2011, its very light on resources and good for novice users

-Kaspersky Internet Security 2011, userfriendly but it has some bugs

I also recommend Vipre, very light antivirus.

Free internet security for novice users, you should try the new Outpost Internet Security Free by Agnitum.

Archived