IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Major problem with Registry Cleaner

Hannibal.TX

This is the second time I have cleaned my registry with ASC5, and a Word file on my exterior drive gives me an error when trying to open it with Word on my C drive. I have to go to Rescue, restore the old registry and the file opens. There is a conflict here and I have only one idea what it is.

Does Word create a registry entry for files saved on an exterior drive other than where Word resides, and is ASC 5 deleting registry items for files on exterior drives when it doesn't find the files on the C: drive? If so, this is a bad error in ASC5.

Perhaps ASC should just leave Microsoft Office registry items alone. I am no longer going to let ASC5 clean my registry. I have Auslogics and Eusing registry cleaners and I have had no problems with either of them for many years now. This is the second time I have had had screwy results with ASC5 cleaning my registry. Something is very wrong here. Fix it. I won't buy your software again until I know its fixed.

Which one do I unclick? Application Paths or something else? You are the self labeled expert, how about giving some useful advice.

:-D

The website software gave me the 'Expert' title, Not Me! :wink:

The way I do it is:

If I don't have a good idea which utility is causing problem,

I disable all of them except one, run that one, and check results.

Then go on to the next one and do the same for each until I find what is causing problem.

If you first learn what each utility does, you usually find it on the first or second try.

Then when I've determined which utility it is, I go into the Settings, if that utility has Settings,

and start disabling the settings that are related to the problem.

It's usually only a few settings that can be causing the problem.

(There is a 'settings' link button to the Right of all utility Names, that Have settings options)

I hope that helps,

Registry Fix causes error with Windows Live Mail

I have two PC's recently upgraded to ASC5 Pro.

No problem with my Win7 computer, but my laptop running Win Vista SP2 receives a calendar corruption message when trying to open Windows Live Mail after running the Registry Fix. I must repair Windows Live Essentials from Programs and Features in Control Panel to get it working again.

Hi hexrays,

Sorry for the inconvenience and we are glad to hear that the issue is solved.:-)

We have forwarded this issue to our engineers, they have developed a solution to fix this bug. Please kindly help us look test it.:razz:

1) Please confirm that your Windows Live Essentials works normally.

2) Please download the Registry Fix.rar from the link below, then please extract it to get Registry Fix folder.

http://www.wikisend.com/download/455438/Registry%20Fix.rar

3) Please double click Scantest.exe to open it, then please click the button "Registry Scan", next, please click the button "Repair" after the scan.

4) Lastly, please check whether your Windows Live Essentials works normally. If not, please contract the Registry Fix folder and send it to us.

We'd really appreciate your help!!!;-)

:grin::smile:

Hi hexrays,

Sorry for the inconvenience and we are glad to hear that the issue is solved.:-)

We have forwarded this issue to our engineers, they have developed a solution to fix this bug. Please kindly help us look test it.:razz:

1) Please confirm that your Windows Live Essentials works normally.

2) Please download the Registry Fix.rar from the link below, then please extract it to get Registry Fix folder.

http://www.wikisend.com/download/455438/Registry%20Fix.rar

3) Please double click Scantest.exe to open it, then please click the button "Registry Scan", next, please click the button "Repair" after the scan.

4) Lastly, please check whether your Windows Live Essentials works normally. If not, please contract the Registry Fix folder and send it to us.

We'd really appreciate your help!!!;-)

The issue is not solved. Lastly, please check whether your Windows Live Essentials works normally. If not, please contract the Registry Fix folder and send it to us.

Cicely, you said "please hire the registry fix folder and send it to us". (If not, please contract the Registry Fix folder and send it to us.)

-Mel

Microsoft Security Essentials now unwell since Pro upgrade.

I've now upgraded to the "Pro"version and installed it on 3 different machines,all running Wind XP Pro Service Pack 3 and it's causing me problems with Microsoft's Security Essentials,it keeps messing with the aforementioned and now I keep being told by MSE that my P.C is at risk as I haven't run a scan recently.Uhhh I ran one earlier that day and MSE knows that I did since it tells you when you last ran a scan.

Any chance of a fix for this.

ASC used to offer nearly everything that's now included in the Pro package for free but slowly the original programme has been crippled thus forcing you to upgrade,in the old days I never had any problems but these days they seem more common.

:-D

The website software gave me the 'Expert' title, Not Me! :wink:

The way I do it is:

If I don't have a good idea which utility is causing problem,

I disable all of them except one, run that one, and check results.

Then go on to the next one and do the same for each until I find what is causing problem.

If you first learn what each utility does, you usually find it on the first or second try.

Then when I've determined which utility it is, I go into the Settings, if that utility has Settings,

and start disabling the settings that are related to the problem.

It's usually only a few settings that can be causing the problem.

(There is a 'settings' link button to the Right of all utility Names, that Have settings options)

I hope that helps,

I've now upgraded to the "Pro"version and installed it on 3 different machines,all running Wind XP Pro Service Pack 3 and it's causing me problems with Microsoft's Security Essentials,it keeps messing with the aforementioned and now I keep being told by MSE that my P.C is at risk as I haven't run a scan recently.Uhhh I ran one earlier that day and MSE knows that I did since it tells you when you last ran a scan.

Any chance of a fix for this.

This is the second report I've seen recently of this conflect with MSE.

My guess is that it happens on XP or maybe older version of MSE,

since we do not have that problem on our W-7 computers.

IObit programmers probably no longer test new versions on XP?

They are busy getting ready for W-8. ;-)

Privacy Sweep

Welcome to the forum radioman2 :smile:

.....I keep being told by MSE that my P.C is at risk as I haven't run a scan recently.Uhhh I ran one earlier that day and MSE knows that I did since it tells you when you last ran a scan.

Any chance of a fix for this.....

I'm not using Microsoft Security Essentials at the moment so I can't check but if I remember correctly there is an option in Privacy Sweep to clear the Microsoft Security Essentials logs? When the logs are cleared there is no longer a record of the scan done by MSE so it says you need to do a scan. Untick this option and it should stop the false "at risk" report.

All the best, woz of oz

the solution to the MSE issue

Dear all,

Please use the way below to solve this issue.

Please click on the button "More" to go to the settings>>select Privacy Sweep under Quick care and Deep Care >>untick the item "MS AntiMalware" under the Windows>>click on the button "Apply" and "OK". (Please see the attached picture)

Note: if you are PRO users, please also untick this item in the settings of Autoclean.

Archived