IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Help! USB port won't work after running ASC5

LB81

Hello,

I hope someone can help me.

I installed and ran ASC5 on my laptop (Windows 7) this morning.

At the time, an external hard drive (Seagate) was attached to one of my USB ports. I store most of my documents on this drive.

After ASC5 had run and repaired various parts of my system, my hard drive was no longer detected within 'Computer', so I couldn't access it.

I restored the system to the point before the scan/repair. The hard drive is now detected when I plug it into a different port, but not the original port.

Does anyone know...

a) How I can fix this?

b) Why this happened?

c) How I can stop it happening again?

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Is the USB port that quit located in a I/O panel that is cabled to a slot on motherboard and requires driver-software for windows to activate the port?

If so, ASC may have deactivated the driver for it?

We have not seen that happen on our systems, which have many types of USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports,

and they all run ASC, but not all utilities in ASC are activated all the time.

We recently had an intermittent problem with this type driver for USB 3.0 ports, due to interrupt conflects,

which caused sound and mouse Stutter.

So I know they require a special driver to operate.

Here's Pics of type unit we had driver problems:

(large 3.0 connector, in center of pic, goes to Mobo slot)

Hello, thanks for replying.

I'm afraid I don't know much about the hardware - everything came installed and working from the start. It's a very new laptop and I haven't encountered any previous problems.

If that was the case, how can I stop ASC disabling it?

Oops, the above was referring to USB-3.0 ports in desktop,

I do not know if some Laptops require driver software to activate USB ports or not.

I keep forgeting that some people still use Lap-Heaters. :lol:

Do you know if the port that quit is 2.0 or 3.0?

I think only some 3.0 ports require driver-software.

If the port that quit does require driver, then the driver will need to be Re-installed.

My guess as to what could do it, in ASC, would be the 'Deep registry fix' or 'System optimazation' programs?

In Vista, a convenient way to update the driver is located in the control panel/device manager. I bet Win 7 is the same.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9549&d=1330220791

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

The problem is that the drivers for the new USB-3.0 add-on ports are not in Microsoft data yet and are not even on a website yet, to be downloaded.

The CD, that comes with them, is the only source of drivers.

My guess is that drivers for new imported Lap-tops would be the same.

BTW - Melvin, I'm not seeing your linked graphics, if that is what they are?

Hi LB81,

Sorry to hear that you encounter troubles with Advanced SystemCare, please kindly help us look into it.

1) You said that you restored the system to the point before the scan/repair. Did you use the System restore or the rescue function of Advanced SystemCare? And does it work again after you plug it into the same computer?

2) If you haven't used the rescue function of ASC, please have try and let us know the result.

Open ASC 5>> click the button "Rescue" >>choose one restore point (note: please set restore point to the time before the problem occurred)>>click "undo"button

3) Please send us the Log folder and Backup folder under the profile folder so that we can further look into the problem.

Usual path: %appdata%\IObit\Advanced SystemCare v5

Please do not find the Log folder and Backup folder under the installation directory of ASC.

Thanks in advance!:-)

We belive that we can work out this issue together.;-)

Hi Enoskype.

It would seem that I have for some reason lost the ability to post an image unless I leave the thumbnail in the post. I used to be able to remove the thumbnail... but now it seems there is a 50/50 chance the image will become unviewable for some reason. I am using the newest version of FF. I have not yet experimented with IE or Opera with this... any ideas?

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Thanks Toppack!

@ Enoskype... have there been any upgrades or updates to Vbulletin (or possible other changes) recently that you know of? I did not note the version # a week ago when I first noticed this issue and don't know if it has changed.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Cache

It would seem that I have for some reason lost the ability to post an image unless I leave the thumbnail in the post. I used to be able to remove the thumbnail... but now it seems there is a 50/50 chance the image will become unviewable for some reason. I am using the newest version of FF. I have not yet experimented with IE or Opera with this... any ideas?

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

From my experience (but I'm only guessing):

The attachment (which creates the thumbnail) must remain or the image will disappear.

My guess is that it only remains for a while because it is in a forum 'cache' which gets cleared periodically.

Aside: If you decide to change/replace an image EG:

You post an image called Image.jpg as an attachment but then decide to put some text on it. You remove the old attachment and attach the new edited image.

This new image must have a different name (Image_1.jpg) or the old image will still appear. This is especially true when you have put an image link in the post and of course the image link must be updated to the new Image_1.jpg address.

I guess this would be because of the forum cache as well :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

Archived