IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Help - Ran Deep Scan and Now Have a Disaster

I ran deep scan on the server (2008) and a windows 7 workstation (64 bit). Immediately after this I began getting errors on everything I tried to do that had any network connectivity (especially with the SQL server). I was able to restore the workstation and it now works fine but it did not create a restore point on the server. Apparently there are not any restore points created by default on server 2008 so I can't use the system restore. It does have a button to undo changes in the "Rescue Center" but that doesn't really do anything.

I hope someone can please help me because our network is a disaster right now. Thanks in advance for your time.

Hi Southerncentralrain,

Sorry to hear that you encounter troubles with Advacned SystemCare, please kindly help us look into it.

1) Please take a screenshot of the error you got and send it to us, we will look into it.

Guide for Taking Screenshots:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

2) Please send us the Log folder and Backup folder under the profile folder so that we can further look into the problem.

Usual path: %appdata%\IObit\Advanced SystemCare v5

Note: Please do not find the Log folder and Backup folder under the installation directory of ASC.

Thanks in advance!;-)

I have uploaded the requested files. We were able to turn the active directory back on but I have had programmers spend hours (lot of money) trying to figure out why we can't open an access program. We have uninstalled both the program and Access itself. We have even tried different versions of the program and Access. They are now telling me that I will have to reformat the server to get this to work.

Please help.

Backup.zip

Log.zip

Hi Southerncentralrain,

Sorry, the attached picture is so small, we can not see it clearly, could you please make it more clearly.:-(

And we didn't get the the sentence "why we can't open an access program. We have uninstalled both the program and Access itself. We have even tried different versions of the program and Access.":-( What the access program do you mean? Could you please describe it more clearly so that we can further help you.

Thanks in advance!

The error says the following:

Microsoft Visual Basic

Run-time error '48':

Error in loading DLL

The access program in Stone Edge Order Manager. It runs off of Microsoft Access. We have tried using Access 2003 and Access 2007 but it doesn't work with either.

Please let me know if you need any further information.

• 2 weeks later...

hi Southerncentralrain

Please leave some better screenshots! They are unreadable as they are.

I think you should try going through your program settings - especially Privacy and Junk files and in Privacy abstain to clean the Office programs.

Also it is imperative to run the program a few times manually where you investigate the "problems" found and place those you need in the ignore list - before pressing the Clean button.

It is also a good idea to read all descriptions in Usage of IObit Products

Cheers

solbjerg

Microsoft Visual Basic

Run-time error '48':

Error in loading DLL

The access program in Stone Edge Order Manager. It runs off of Microsoft Access. We have tried using Access 2003 and Access 2007 but it doesn't work with either.

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Why do you need a different screenshot? This is what the error says:

Microsoft Visual Basic

Run-time error '48':

Error in loading DLL

Can anybody help me fix the issues that this program has caused? I have spent a lot of time and money and have been told that I have to completely reformat the server to fix this. Who do I need to contact at Iobit to get some help with this?

The 'Run-time error-48' means that a .dll type file can Not be found.

What program are you running that uses 'Visual-basic' language?

My guess is that a 'Visual-basic' related file has been moved, renamed or deleted somehow

or registry entry for the file has changed.

If it was the 'Registry-fix Deep-clean' utility that you ran,

then the Registry may have been changed, and probably can only be fixed by a Backup-restore or reinstalling the program that uses V-Basic.

Hi Southerncentralrain.

What Solbjerg referred to in Post #7 was the poor quality of your screenshot in your previous post. He was not asking for more screenshots necessarily... but only that you provide a viewable one. (have you looked at your own screenshot?)

In order to solve problems effectively one must act... and not react.

The only effective help the Volunteers here may offer is if the help is received and understood.

Thus the request for a viewable screenshot.

I know that we here will endeavour to solve your issue... I also know that Cicely will as well.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi Southerncentralrain

I was unable to read your screenshot.

Did you try checking your settings as I suggested in my first post?

Have you looked at your services? (services.msc in Run)

If a necessary service is stopped - then this could also be the reason.

I doubt very much that a formatting should be necessary, who gave you that solution? A person that asked for money?

What about chkdsk or sfc /scannow have you tried those commands?

Cheers

solbjerg

Why do you need a different screenshot? This is what the error says:

Microsoft Visual Basic

Run-time error '48':

Error in loading DLL

Can anybody help me fix the issues that this program has caused? I have spent a lot of time and money and have been told that I have to completely reformat the server to fix this. Who do I need to contact at Iobit to get some help with this?

Cicely, Melvin_Deal, & solbjerg,

Thanks for your replies. I went through and checked the setting in Access and StoneEdge (the program that uses Access that won't work) and everything looks fine. As far as Advanced System Care goes, I have uninstalled it.

I looked at the services but I didn't see anything abnormal but I am not sure that I would recognize it if it was abnormal.

I did run the chkdsk and sfc /scannow and there were no errors or problems noted.

We are now getting a little different error now when we try to use StoneEdge. I have attached a screenshot of the error. Please let me know if you need anything else. I greatly appreciate any help that you guys can provide.

P.S. I have re-sized and reformatted this screenshot 5 times and it still shows up small on the forum post (looks fine on my computers). Any ideas?

Hi Southerncentralrain

How do you make a screenshot?

Do you use Alt+PrintScreen and then save it as a .jpg in Paint and then attach it?

It is still unreadable by me.

Since you have uninstalled ASC we can close that subject??

Under itemized subject in my signature you can find a subject concerning screenshots.

Cheers

solbjerg

Cicely, Melvin_Deal, & solbjerg,

Thanks for your replies. I went through and checked the setting in Access and StoneEdge (the program that uses Access that won't work) and everything looks fine. As far as Advanced System Care goes, I have uninstalled it.

I looked at the services but I didn't see anything abnormal but I am not sure that I would recognize it if it was abnormal.

I did run the chkdsk and sfc /scannow and there were no errors or problems noted.

We are now getting a little different error now when we try to use StoneEdge. I have attached a screenshot of the error. Please let me know if you need anything else. I greatly appreciate any help that you guys can provide.

P.S. I have re-sized and reformatted this screenshot 5 times and it still shows up small on the forum post (looks fine on my computers). Any ideas?

Archived