IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart DeFrag will stop running

Bubba Euler

Dear Sirs:

I have used Smart DeFrag for several years, now. I have the latest version and THANK YOU for your product!

Since the initial download, I have noticed a common problem: Smart DeFrag will, without reason or acknowledgement, STOP RUNNING. 'Now", it is there and "now", it is not! Is this part of the program? Is this unexpected?

I'm running Win 7 HP; X64; Single Core; 3 GB RAM...

Any ideas? It isn't urgent but it IS bothersome. I am discombobulated when I know that Smart DeFrag booted, but suddenly isn't there.

Thanks,

Bubba Euler

:?

Hi Bubba Euler,

Please help us look into this issue.

1)When you can see the SD is on the screen, please open the task manager and check whether you can find the process SmartDefrag.exe. Then take a screen capture.

2) The other screen capture is when you can not see the SD is on the screen. Please also open the task manager and check whether you can find the process SmartDefrag.exe.

Note: when you take the screen captures, please keep the task manager open. And let the process SmartDefrag.exe can be seen if you can find it.

Guide for Taking Screenshots:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

Thanks in advance!

Hi Bubba Euler!

Since the initial download several years ago?... you have seen smartdefrag stop running and then resume? Is smartdefrag continuously in your system tray??? The processes inside your system cannot and will not stop smartdefrag unless they are commanded to.

Sometimes when you have large files (usually video related) Smartdefrag will take a bit of time to sort out. Could this be what you're talking about??

Also what is the size of your HD and what is already allocated/used?

Sincerely,

-Mel

live long and prosper!

Dear Sirs:

I have used Smart DeFrag for several years, now. I have the latest version and THANK YOU for your product!

Since the initial download, I have noticed a common problem: Smart DeFrag will, without reason or acknowledgement, STOP RUNNING. 'Now", it it there and "now", it is not! Is this part of the program? Is this unexpected?

Any ideas? It isn't urgent but it IS bothersome. I am discombobulated when I know that Smart DeFrag booted, but suddenly isn't there.

Thanks,

Bubba Euler

hi Bubba

Thanks for the word discombobulated! :-) I don't see that word very often :-)

First I would like to know if you updated over the top?

Then I would like to know how much used and free space you have?

And third what your settings are - fx. if you do use the automatic functions and how often you do a boot-defrag?

By the way: Have you tried a clean install?

Cheers

solbjerg

Dear Sirs:

Since the initial download, I have noticed a common problem: Smart DeFrag will, without reason or acknowledgement, STOP RUNNING. 'Now", it it there and "now", it is not! Is this part of the program? Is this unexpected?

Thanks,

Bubba Euler

Same problem 3 computers

I am having the same problem. SD runs for a few days, and then just disappears. I can find no evidence in the event log. It is almost as if I quit the program. It runs fine for a few days, and then I look in the task bar and the icon is gone. I have to restart it. I have specifically noticed it on my 2 Win 7 Pro 64 bit machines. I have a 1 TB main disk on an HP OMNI 200Q all in one. If I could find something in the event log, it would be one thing, but it seems to exit without a trace. Any ideas?

Dear Sirs:

Since the initial download, I have noticed a common problem: Smart DeFrag will, without reason or acknowledgement, STOP RUNNING. 'Now", it is there and "now", it is not! Is this part of the program? Is this unexpected?

Thanks,

Bubba Euler

Archived