IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Browsers

Buddahfan

MSE was not running any scans, I was doing my just before bed clean-up, I never initiate shutting down (bedtime) while scans are in progress. I couldn't click the bug report button, the program was completely locked up, so I guess that would be impossible. I had to use task manager to kill ASC completely then restart it, nothing was clickable. I probably do have FF remnants, which is why I removed it, I hate bloatware, and it seems FF is almost as bad as AVG these days for loading your system down with pointless bloat and hidden scat. Ha! I turned off windows Search (resource hog that it is), so I can't do that.

Ah, probably, that is what happened, I have it set to auto-update, so it must have just done that "for me". Which is fine, I suppose. I will do a clean install if any further issues arise.

A lot of people don't like Firefox. However with extensions Firefox is the most secure, private and flexible browser out there. It may be slower than IE, Chrome etc but my money goes on the hair rather than the tortoise every time.

During a normal weekday I will run Firefox with up to 20 tabs open at once along with its 30 or so extensions and plugins. Fast enough for me and other than some adware cookies that get onto my computers once in a while my network computers have been malware free for over six months. Not just of course because of Firefox. However, your browser is your first line of defense against malware. Firefox works great for me. I have used both IE and Chrome and others can have them as far as I am concerned.

Others may have a different experience.

A lot of people don't like Firefox. However with extensions Firefox is the most secure, private and flexible browser out there. It may be slower than IE, Chrome etc but my money goes on the hair rather than the tortoise every time.

During a normal weekday I will run Firefox with up to 20 tabs open at once along with its 30 or so extensions and plugins. Fast enough for me and other than some adware cookies that get onto my computers once in a while my network computers have been malware free for over six months. Not just of course because of Firefox. However, your browser is your first line of defense against malware. Firefox works great for me. I have used both IE and Chrome and others can have them as far as I am concerned.

Hi Buddahfan

I for one agree with you. I found FF nuch better and more flexible than Chrome or IE.

By the way,,,did you not mean to say: "but my money goes on the tortoise rather than the hare every time."

• 2 weeks later...

@Buddahfan!

Well,hello again! :-D

There is a third party optimized build of FF with both x86 and 64bit browsers that I use exclusively (I'm on the 64bit version right now and so much more efficient and secure ) and they have effectively taken all the useless coding from FF while using the same engine.absolutely no memory problems or bloat and FF pluggins and addons work per your personal requirements! You will love it and I will vouch for it 100%. I highly recommend it:

http://www.palemoon.org/

-Cowboy

Well,hello again! :-D

There is a third party optimized build of FF with both x86 and 64bit browsers that I use exclusively (I'm on the 64bit version right now and so much more efficient and secure ) and they have effectively taken all the useless coding from FF while using the same engine.absolutely no memory problems or bloat and FF pluggins and addons work per your personal requirements! You will love it and I will vouch for it 100%. I highly recommend it:

http://www.palemoon.org/

-Cowboy

Hi :mrgreen:

I use another third party product:

Waterfox (for 64bit) - and you can get it here ...

http://www.waterfoxproject.org/

Have a nice day!

Sarakael

@Sarakael...

I have most all other browsers including Waterfox and test them at http://www.speedtest.net which gives independent speed and ping times using YOUR local servers all over the world. Waterfox interesting enough had been developed by Mozilla and transferred it to a group of developers willing to take on a native 64bit Browser...Seems Mozilla has a hard time with 64bit apps for some reason. :???:

I'll let others who have their own favourites to use as per their comfort zone. Having said that Sarakael, give Pale Moon 64bit a shot. I would like to see your impressions of it! :-)

-Cowboy

Hi :mrgreen:

I use another third party product:

Waterfox (for 64bit) - and you can get it here ...

http://www.waterfoxproject.org/

Have a nice day!

Sarakael

Archived