IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Cookies to keep, has been Corrupted

I have listed cookies to keep, in the Ignore section for a very long time. Suddenly the cookies to keep section has been corrupted with hundreds of cookie names that I have never heard of, worse yet, a great number of them had foreign country extentions from europe and eastern europe. This applied to both ASC w/ antivirus and the new beta ASC.

Since I knew I'd not get a reply here on a fix, I have removed all cookies and am going to try to refill with only my most important to see what ASC does next.

I hope some power user can see that this major security flaw is posted/forwarded to those that need to know.

WIN XP SP3 ALL UPDATES

1.25 g MEM

WINDOWS DEFENDER

WINDOWS AND COMODO FIREWALLS

RUN ALTERNATE SPYWARE & MALEWARE PROGRAMS DAILY

SPY BOT, MALEWAREBYTES, SUPER ANTI SPYWARE, IOBIT MALEWARE

Any additional information gladly on request

Cookies appearing from the ether

I have noticed exactly the same thing and I agree that it is something that needs to be addressed.... I found it only after installation of v6 Beta 2. However I think it is an area that a lot of people may not understand and or even notice, so I hope as you say that a power user will take this up with the right people.

Hi West

Sounds omnious - did you at the same time accept the settings to keep the cookies that is seen as coming from secure websites?

Some of those may be from sites you have never heard of I think.

Cheers

solbjerg

I have listed cookies to keep, in the Ignore section for a very long time. Suddenly the cookies to keep section has been corrupted with hundreds of cookie names that I have never heard of, worse yet, a great number of them had foreign country extentions from europe and eastern europe. This applied to both ASC w/ antivirus and the new beta ASC.

Since I knew I'd not get a reply here on a fix, I have removed all cookies and am going to try to refill with only my most important to see what ASC does next.

I hope some power user can see that this major security flaw is posted/forwarded to those that need to know.

WIN XP SP3 ALL UPDATES

1.25 g MEM

WINDOWS DEFENDER

WINDOWS AND COMODO FIREWALLS

RUN ALTERNATE SPYWARE & MALEWARE PROGRAMS DAILY

SPY BOT, MALEWAREBYTES, SUPER ANTI SPYWARE, IOBIT MALEWARE

Any additional information gladly on request

Hi WestInPHX and Scannan,

Is there any possible to take a screenshot with those "hundreds of cookie names that I have never heard of, worse yet, a great number of them had foreign country extentions from europe and eastern europe"? Please send us a screenshot to explain this issue clearly.

Please also find and send the ignore.ini file in %appdata%\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V6 for further check.

• 1 month later...

I have experienced the same issue;dozens of cookies from Central/Eastern European locals which I have never visited. It took me 20 tedious minutes to manually AND individually delete all these. Plus it won't keep the ones I wish to keep. This is especially frustrating when they involve username or password information. Please fix this.

Hi Zwitterion,

You can delete those default ignored cookies with one go.

Click on an empty space in the top of the box, do not release the click and scroll the mouse arrow all the way to the end of the box, release the click, all of the cookies will be marked.

Click the arrow shape to left, and that's it.

Cheers.

cookies

Hi All,

Never looked at my ASC cookies delete/keep, till this appeared.

My System

ASC Ultimate - care dissabled

I run cookies control,

via FF (my browser) options privacy Ask every time.

Oddly

Cookies i have marked NOT for deletion

appear marked FOR deletion in the care section

And the cookies i have Denied appear in the keep section.

Roy

Hi scrd01,

If I didn't misunderstand you, there is a confusion there.

FF exception selection is for the accepting of cookies when you wisit a web site by FF, which means those will be written to your PC (harddisk), on the other hand the ones on the left box of ASC Ignore list are for the cookies to be deleted when the cleaning (Repair) is done.

Please elaborate if I misunderstood you.

Cheers.

cookies

Hi enoskype

My firefox cookie selection policy

ask everytime, (site and third party) gives 3 options

Allow - allow for session - Deny.

As it stands

all of my allowed cookies,(in FF),

are shown ready to be deleted by the care option.

Whereas all of my denied cookies are set to be saved by the care option.

see Iobit and sky cookies in both thumbnails

Just seems odd

i do not clear my cookies within its care/cleaning option, use the above as White/Black lists .

Roy

Hi Roy

Have you at any time clicked the "Keep cookies from safe web sites"?

Conjecture:

The "same cookies" in both sides could mean that the ones on the left is a new version of the same cookie, while those on the right are the previous cookies for the same site - the content may be the same, but the date could be different?

If you do a completely Clean Install (and remove all leftovers in the program folder and in the Documents&Settings/ application/ IObit/ASC folder. Does it then exhibite another legend in your cookies, when you install the program again?

You will of course have some saved in your internet settings I suppose?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi enoskype

My firefox cookie selection policy

ask everytime, (site and third party) gives 3 options

Allow - allow for session - Deny.

As it stands

all of my allowed cookies,(in FF),

are shown ready to be deleted by the care option.

Whereas all of my denied cookies are set to be saved by the care option.

see Iobit and sky cookies in both thumbnails

Just seems odd

i do not clear my cookies within its care/cleaning option, use the above as White/Black lists .

Roy

I found the way to delete multiple cookies-thanks . But it still deletes some I wish to keep;namely online banking info;which is quite an ordeal to re-prove to the bank that you are indeed you. I'm just unticking Cookies from Privacy Sweep and going back to CCleaner to handle cookies. I hate to say this but it has done the same thing for the last 3 full versions. I've given up hope that it will ever keep what I wish.

Zwitterion, please correct me if I understood you correctly.

When cookies are accepted from a web site, going to ignore list and when you see the cookies concerned in the left pane, you take them to the right pane and they still are deleted when you go for a privacy sweep.

If that is the case, then there is a problem keeping the wanted cookies.

Otherwise, with the above procedure, all cookies taken from left pane of ignore list to the right pane, should not be deleted by a Privacy Sweep.

Cheers.

Cookies

Hi Solgjerg,

I have not intentionally selected keep safe web site cookies,

and i dont know of a way to check this, is there one?.

And Firefox is my only browser, in W7 you can turn off IE, which i did the same day as i bought my rig

Roy

I found the way to delete multiple cookies-thanks . But it still deletes some I wish to keep;namely online banking info;which is quite an ordeal to re-prove to the bank that you are indeed you. I'm just unticking Cookies from Privacy Sweep and going back to CCleaner to handle cookies. I hate to say this but it has done the same thing for the last 3 full versions. I've given up hope that it will ever keep what I wish.

What is the nature of your internet connection? Is it static or dynamic? Just a thought... but perhaps the secure banking connection recognizes the change in IP address and the asks for verification... and it perhaps has nothing to do with the cookies. Just a thought.

If there is a change... they will ask the questions.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

• 1 month later...
Zwitterion, please correct me if I understood you correctly.

When cookies are accepted from a web site, going to ignore list and when you see the cookies concerned in the left pane, you take them to the right pane and they still are deleted when you go for a privacy sweep.

If that is the case, then there is a problem keeping the wanted cookies.

Otherwise, with the above procedure, all cookies taken from left pane of ignore list to the right pane, should not be deleted by a Privacy Sweep.

Cheers.

Yes that is correct;they are not retained when moved to the right pane.

Also my IP is static so that is not an issue.

Hi Roy

If you check the ignore.ini file in C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\IObit\Advanced SystemCare (?version) you should be able to see if you have many more ignore items than you expect - if you do - you probably ticked that button at some time - especially if there are many among them you do not personally know.

You could try adding those you need in this file - save the file - close the program completely - restart the program and see how it works.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Solgjerg,

I have not intentionally selected keep safe web site cookies,

and i dont know of a way to check this, is there one?.

And Firefox is my only browser, in W7 you can turn off IE, which i did the same day as i bought my rig

Roy

Archived