IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Windows 8 Detects No Anti-Spyware

During Installation of Advanced SystemCare w/Anti-Virus trial it tried to remove SUPEAnti-Spyware but the uninstall failed. The uninstall file was gone and there was no entry for this program anymore in Windows Programs and Features. I downloaded an uninstall file for SUPER Anti-Spyware and I successfully uninstalled it.

Now though Windfows 8 is informing my that I have no Anti-Spyware installed.

I do have SpyBot Search and Destroy installed. I never got this message from Windows 8 before.

I installed Advanced SytemCare w/ Anti-Virus on my Windows 7 partition with the same exact programs and I everything went fine. I was not informed by Windows 7 that I don't have Anti-Spyware software installed.

So, which is correct Windows 7 or Windows 8?

James

During Installation of Advanced SystemCare w/Anti-Virus trial it tried to remove SUPEAnti-Spyware but the uninstall failed. The uninstall file was gone and there was no entry for this program anymore in Windows Programs and Features. I downloaded an uninstall file for SUPER Anti-Spyware and I successfully uninstalled it.

Now though Windfows 8 is informing my that I have no Anti-Spyware installed.

I do have SpyBot Search and Destroy installed. I never got this message from Windows 8 before.

I installed Advanced SytemCare w/ Anti-Virus on my Windows 7 partition with the same exact programs and I everything went fine. I was not informed by Windows 7 that I don't have Anti-Spyware software installed.

So, which is correct Windows 7 or Windows 8?

James

Hi JamesJ,

The number of users on this forum utilizing Win8 and any Iobit products is few. I have been watching your threads but have not responded as I am running Vista HP, SP2.

As I am also not running ASC/AV I cannot advise properly but based on my obversation of previous posts... you have presented a possible new issue.

ASC/AV has not been reported as "trying to uninstall" SAS previously.

As neither Windows 8 nor ASC/AV is completely developed...the installation of ASC/AV on Win 7 would be more stable.

I would like to thank you for asking these questions and testing these softwares in conjunction!

[Opinion here] You should thoroughly clean your system and reinstall SAS running ASC/AV in compatability mode:grin: SpyBot is a good thing as well. Have you ever run the Eset online scanner(just curious)? You may consider posting a log here that will truly report what is running in your system... If you would like some ideas on that let me know.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Not sure what compatibility mode is.

I'm assuming this eset scanner will produce the log file?

James

Even though I am not running ASC/AV my understanding is that it has a "compatability mode" setting that will enable it to operate in a more friendly manner with other Anti-Malware softwares.

The ESET online scanner is an alternate Malware removal tool that sometimes detects and removes malware that others miss. It won't generate the type of log I was referring to... the SysExplorer tool in the Security section of the ASC toolbox is one such software that generates that type of log. It is good to not rely too heavily on one or two tools only.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

When I was using W8-RP (recently moved back to W7-SP1 to clean my computers etc before W8-RTM) I was using avast! AIS 7, ASC w AV paid version, IMF Pro and SAS Pro. They all worked fine together for me on W8-RP and are also working fine, maybe even a bit better on W7-SP1.

I did not experience the problem mentioned in the OP and saw no reason to remove to SAS Pro just because I installed ASC w AV in the compatibility mode. Then again my computers have 8GB RAM and two of my three desktops use a multi-core processors so lack of computer power has not been an issue.

[ATTACH]10414[/ATTACH]

Here's the Diagnostic report.

BTW, I deid a clean install of Windows 8 and the first thing I installed, after Windows updates, was Advanced System Care w/Anti-Virus.

I must tell you I like what I see so far with ASC.

James

So Avast is an anti-spyware as opposed to an anti-virus

No, Avast is Anti-virus Also:

http://www.avast.com/en-us/free-antivirus-download?cha=ppc&sen=bing&ste=avast+free+antivirus+2012&var=avast%20trial%20page&omcid=M%20-%20US%20-%20NAM%20-%20Avast%20-%20PS%20-%20Branded%20-%20Free&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=avast+free+antivirus+2012&utm_content=avast%20trial%20page&utm_campaign=M%20-%20US%20-%20NAM%20-%20Avast%20-%20PS%20-%20Branded%20-%20Free

AVG Anti-virus will work well running at same time as other Anti-virus programs also.

http://download.cnet.com/AVG-AntiVirus-FREE-2013/3000-2239_4-10320142.html

You just need a fast computer to run multiple AV programs without a noticable slowdown.

There are a few AV programs that will Not run well with other AV programs though.

Is having 2 Anti-Virus programs in real-time a good idea?

Do I really need to have 2??

What anti-spyware is good to run with Advanced SystemCare with Anti-Virus?

I was using SUPER Anti-Spyware but ASC uninstalled it during installation.

James

Hi JamesJ,

Not only it is not a good idea to run 2 Antivirus softwares, but it is strongly advised by security experts not to use more than 1 Antivirus software in real-time in the same OS, as it slows down the PC irrespective of the PC inner speed.

IObit Malware Fighter (IMF) is a good anti-malware, anti-spyware software to accompany an anti-virus software, so it will be suitable to use it together with Advanced SystemCarewith Antivirus 2013.

It can be downloaded from the link in IMF IObit Malware Fighter 1.5 is available! (NEW) thread.

Cheers.

Hi JamesJ

I apologize if my usage of the term malware has caused confusion. I use it often to include all negative softwares (viruses, spyware, scareware, rougeware... etc.)

You don't need two A/V's as Enoskype explained... and it is unadvisable. What I was saying is that ASC/AV has a compatability selection in the settings that allows it to "extract" itself somewhat from your system so that you can run your primary anti-virus with no conflicts alongside ASC/AV. (Please remember that I am not utilizing ASC/AV so my statements are derived from reviewing the information on the threads here)

The SAS that you uninstalled is also a perfectly acceptable software to run with ASC/AV... as is IMF as Enoskype stated. In fact I could name several programs in addition to the ones already mentioned in this thread that are beneficial... but that would perhaps confuse the issue.

Hope my clarification helps!:-)

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

James

There is a well documented 'Difference of Opinion' on this subject,

but I personally have always run 2 AV programs,

since I first purchased a computer with a multi-core processor, which gave the speed needed.

I like the Extra security that running 2 provides.

We run 2 AVs on 5 computers with No problems, and there have been a couple of times that one Caught Malware that the other did Not.

(and it was not always the same one that missed it, usually because it had not been updated recently enough)

So, It Works! 8:)

You just need a fast computer to run multiple AV programs without a noticable slowdown.

Interestingly enough SAS Pro uses a lot more memory and CPU than avast! AIS 7 does.

I am not sure by what you mean by fast. You certainly don't need a gaming computer to run multiple AV programs.

However, having said that I can tell you that ASC w AV and Panda are the only AV programs I have found that run with avast! AIS 7. Though I would think there would be a few more.

I have not tested ASC w AV running in compatibility mode with any AV program other than avast! AIS 7. So I can't comment on how well other combinations may work. Having said avast! AIS 7 and ASC w AV run fine together with ASC running in the compatibility mode. I have not tried them in reverse with avast! AIS 7 running in the compatibility mode which supposedly avast! AIS 7 does. I have no intention of trying to do so.:-(

What anti-spyware is good to run with Advanced SystemCare with Anti-Virus?

I was using SUPER Anti-Spyware but ASC uninstalled it during installation.

James

My suggestion is that unless you are an advanced Windows user do not run two AV programs together.

I do it because I consider myself an advanced user and in this case the two work fine together at least on my computers. I like to geek around with my computers and believe me have messed up plenty requiring more re-installs of Windows than I would prefer. However, I enjoy geeking around so once in a while I pay the price and once and a while I reap the benefit. Most of the time nothing much happens except I maybe learn something.

I can't even use online activation anymore for Windows 7 and Ms Access if I re-install them. I have to call that number and dictate the numbers and input the numbers they give me. I should have written them down. The next time I will, I'll see if they work.

I can't even use online activation anymore for Windows 7 and Ms Access if I re-install them. I have to call that number and dictate the numbers and input the numbers they give me. I should have written them down. The next time I will, I'll see if they work.

Hi JamesJ... that is disturbing.

Do you have the original installation/repair disc for your Win7. Have you re-formatted in the past? Also have you changed any hardware on your machine? Please explain in detail what has led you to have to call Win support to get your Win 7 to work!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

I just did alot of clean installs of Windows 7.

No particular reason in most of the cases. Just to do it and have a cleabn, polished system.

I do use imaging software more and more now. I have an image saved as a clean ininstall and no programs other than anti-malware

Hi James,

I have been following the threads and I am inclined to think that you may be causing yourself a lot of unnecessary grief.

A clean install, is something that should be used only when absolutely necessary. It is not a cleaning tool, but a last resort. In fact the less often a re-install/format are used, the better. Pc's do not like reformatting too often.

Each time you do a re-install, the system is rewriting very complex tables, regarding partitions, MFT's, mirrors and many more. When it is done too often, old fragments are often left behind and conflicts start to occur.

Realistically, once your machine is running well, using ASC, setup correctly, and a good realtime AV, will keep it humming along nicely, with little need for user input. I have had many bad experiences with my pc's due to my work and travel, and I can honestly say that since I started using ASC pro, I have had no more serious difficulties.

I think your problem with having to contact MS, may be a result of so many re-installs. It is quite possible that their monitoring system, sees this as unusual, and defaults to a routine that forces you to contact them.

I find that, ASC, runs very well with avg, and Malwarebytes Pro, and have found no conflicts. I hope this helps, and that your problems will be resolved quickly.

I just did alot of clean installs of Windows 7.

No particular reason in most of the cases. Just to do it and have a cleabn, polished system.

I do use imaging software more and more now. I have an image saved as a clean ininstall and no programs other than anti-malware

You don't need third party imaging software if that is what you are using. You can create a system image and restore it just fine using W7 In fact I strongly suggest you include "system image" in your regularly scheduled Windows backups. Also never ever backup up to a logical drive that is on the same physical drive as your system files.

Also you should never ever keep yours or anyone else data files, pics, vids etc on your system drive. Never ever. Create at least one separate logical partition to put all that stuff on.

Program files can be placed on the system drive or another logical drive depending on the program. For example I run two apps from a separate logical partition than the one Windows is on. They work fine. You just have to be careful when you do this.

Many people like to use a third party backup program. I have tried all the popular ones and I think they are all terrible. I do my system and Windows user files backup with Windows backup. I do my data, pics, vids etc with Syncbreeze. By far the best backup program there is. Why. Because it creates duplicates of all your files. Not in some zipped are archived format but just plain copies. This way I have at least two copies of every data file, pic, vid etc in ready to use format.

I can backup them up/copy them anywhere on my network. So if I am working on a file on computer A and save the changes there, when I run the backup, or use the auto backup feature, it auto syncs an exact duplicate of the changed file to anywhere on my network. This way I can go to another computer on my network and just open the file and am good to go. Now many prefer to upload their files to the cloud. That is fine too. It is just not my preference. I have stored files on the cloud but I prefer to make duplicates across my network. Doesn't take much time. Of course if multiple people are using your network on multiple computers you probably want to look at Windows Home Server.

cheers

I was using Windows 7 Backup and restore but for some reason I was getting an error right at the end of creating the image. (it could find some part of the drive or something). So, I started using Active@ Disk Image which I'm happy with.

Also, I find that Windiows8 doesn't offer backup and restore and I'm using it with Win7 on a dual boot. Not I keep my data on a small partition on the disk, not the system partition.

And yes I have been using the disk image to restore my system as apposed to doing a clean install.

I have read that W-8 Does have a Backup/Restore but may be a little difficult to Find and activate:

It seems that the backup utility is now called 'File History'. You can find it in the 'System and Security' part of the Control Panel.

Why MS would want to Hide something, as Important as That, is beyond understanding!

(See Info at these and other websites)

http://www.ghacks.net/2012/09/14/windows-8-built-in-file-backup/

http://windows8.iyogi.com/pcs/creating-a-backup-and-recovery-in-windows-8.html

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9229003/Microsoft_claims_backup_and_restore_breakthrough_in_Windows_8

Archived