IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

RegOptimizer ?

Ghot

You should be very careful of any program that cleans your registry.

There are many articles about registry cleaners and whether or not they should be used or are effective at all.

One thing is for sure, they either clean too little, or too much.

There are only a couple of registry cleaners that I would consider using and I would use them very sparingly and I never "deep clean". Make sure you can always restore also.

You can create chronic problems with your computer with one of these cleaners.

Personally, I use JV-16 (it even has it's critics). It has been around forever. It is includes many utilities but it's reg cleaner is the heart of the package.

My recommendation is NEVER us a reg cleaner that is not well known or doesn't have a long successful track record from a reputable company.

RegOptimizer is a legit IObit product

Hi all,

Yes, RegOptimizer is an IObit product.

RegOptimizer has the basic functions of Advanced SystemCare. It helps you clean and maintain the computer. But it is much simpler and easier for use. The result it scanned out is true. It doesn’t give false report or nonexistent errors like scareware. So it is not a scareware or adware. But we’d like to admit that this program is mainly distributed via ads etc. We adopt more marketing strategy to spread this program. But it is still a real legit program. Considering there are rogueware who distribute in this way, if users choose RegOptimizer, then they will get a real program to care for their computer.

Thanks for your understanding.

Hi Cicely... You know that I do all to support all members here!

I thank you for your response! I am curious though why the software loads and runs automatically when I reboot my machine, listing all these supposed errors and asking me to buy... though ASC has already fixed everything????? And knowing that my machine is safe secure and clean???http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10415&d=1347509590

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Once again I am posting this image.

After the scan if you hit the repair button, you will be asked to pay (upgrade).

I am generating these images right now as the ones I previously loaded to the forum are not there.http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10416&d=1347509953

I sure do wish ASC 5 was as good as this program Cicely as I just ran it before posting this screenshot!!!

Please try the link Ghot provided in the first post on this thread... you will see that I speak the truth!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi all,

RegOptimizer has the basic functions of Advanced SystemCare. It helps you clean and maintain the computer. But it is much simpler and easier for use. The result it scanned out is true. It doesn’t give false report or nonexistent errors like scareware. So it is not a scareware or adware. But we’d like to admit that this program is mainly distributed via ads etc. We adopt more marketing strategy to spread this program. But it is still a real legit program. Considering there are rogueware who distribute in this way, if users choose RegOptimizer, then they will get a real program to care for their computer.

Hi Cicely...

I ran ASC5 Pro deep scan and repaired before launching this RegOptimiser! So the RegOptimiser is better than ASC???

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi all,

Who is going to support those users Cicely?? Will they dump on the Forum and we know nothing about the software!!!!:shock:

-Mel

Dear Mel,

You are using RegOptimizer v1, which has bugs and been replaced with RegOptimizer v2. Please download RegOptimizer v2 from http://www.iobit.com/regoptimizer.php

There are differences between Advanced SystemCare and RegOptimizer as they are different programs and designed for different target users.

RegOptimizer is designed for computer geenhands. There are no settings for function modules. All the scan settings and parameters are built in the program by default. Advanced SystemCare provides all settings where users can customize according to their needs, which is a little complex for novice users. RegOptimizer is quite simple for those users to learn what this software is going to do, and what the problem their computers have. Of course, the scan engines of the two programs are different to meet different target users’ needs.

As we admitted, RegOptimizer is mainly designed for Advertisement, so it adopts another marketing strategy. We can also say that, RegOptimizer is a shareware. It can only repair found threats after you purchase it. The downloaded version only has the basic scan function. And users have the option to set the program to not Execute at Windows startup.

As RegOptimizer uses different scan engine and it does not provide scan settings, it is normal to find more items even after you use Advanced SystemCare. It is also normal that you will find more items by Advanced SystemCare after you use RegOptimizer. To verify the authenticity of the scan results, you can click on the red ## Problems button to view the details. Then you can right click on the found items to check whether the results are real (Attached three screenshots for your reference). You can also create some files then delete them into Recycle Bin to proof that the files are not created by RegOptimizer. I know these are the normal tricks adopted by rogueware.

I can understand your anger that the marketing strategy of this program is like rogueware. But this doesn’t mean RegOptimizer itself is also a roguware. As said in my previous post, “Considering there are rogueware who distribute in this way, if users choose RegOptimizer, then they will get a real program to care for their computer.”

Of course, we will continue to improve all IObit products and customer services to make them meet all users’ needs.

Seriously Concerned

Cicely,

I am very concerned regarding this matter. The members who have posted are all either senior or expert, and have all made a very strong argument as to the ability of RegOptimizer versus ASC.

I then read your explanation, and I find that rather than deal with the concern, you point out that they are two completely seperate programs and they perform their functions in completely different ways.

However, the aim of both programs are exactly the same, and therefore the expected result should be the same.

From what I have seen so far, I can only come to the conclusion, that these two programs are competing with each other, in that if a user wanted to check if ASC was a good program, then they may run RegOptimizer just to check, and based on the results would have to assume that ASC is not very good as it did not find the issues which RegOptimizer did.

This applies vice versa if a user checked RegOptimizer against ASC.

I believe that a user experiencing such results would have no option but to think that both Iobit products were not very good.

I have no issue with Iobit wanting to market RegOptimizer as a seperate paid for product, but it should not conflict with ASC in its performance.

I think that this issue, if not dealt with and or explained satisfactorily, will cause many users to reassess their view of ASC and Iobit. I believe this would be very sad, in that ASC is a great product, and the fact that its effectiveness is put in doubt by another Iobit product, cannot be good for anybody.

I look forward to a sensible and speedy resolution to this very important issue.

Yes I know. I referenced the fact that Cicely said they were two seperate programs.

I also completely agree that took the top 10 reg cleaners and ran them on the same computer, they would generate 10 different reports.

That is why you would run them...in order to try and decide which is the best.

However, when two programs from the same supplier, performing the same function, come up with two completely results, it becomes completely self defeating and to be honest, unnerving.

If I went to two doctors with the same illness, and got two different diagnosis, I would hardly accept both, on the basis that, that is the nature of things.

I really do not think that there is any way around the fact that Iobit are not helping them selves with such divergent results from two of their programs which perform the same function.

Temporarily CLOSED!

Hi all,

I have a suggestion gals and guys:

Until we (The Forum Leaders) finalize the discussion with IObit about the matter I would like to close this thread temporarily.

Until then, please do not open another thread concerning the same issue. They will be soft deleted until we come to an agreement with IObit.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

All the best and cheers.

Tempoary state is over for now!

Hello all,

IObit suggesting the following below, we (The Forum Leaders) have agreed with IObit.

IObit is going to diminish and cease RegOptimizer operation in a reasonable time taking into considaration the existing RegOptimizer customers and partners, continuing the Customer Service for RegOptimizer directly through IObit.

I would like to thank IObit for their understanding, action and consideration of the User input of IObit Forum.

Although I believe not much left to discuss about the software (We will not discuss RegOptimizer in this Forum anyway.), the thread is OPEN again.

I would also like to thank to all Forum members for their understanding of the inconvenience.

Thank you and cheers to you all.

Praise for Iobit

Well done Iobit. It is very refreshing to see that you take the forum members concerns/suggestion into consideration when making decisions.

It is to your credit that you are willing to make decisions based on sound logic, looking to future users, and not purely on financial consideration.

This can only enhance your already good standing within the pc user community.

Keep up the great work.

Archived