IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Lost in translation

Sarakael

I only followed this request

Registration Required Information - All fields are required.

Email & Password

Please click the button below to edit your email address and password.

Date of Birth - January 1, 1911

Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.

Please contact the Administrator if your date of birth has changed.

Privacy:

OS + Computer Details

R E Q U I R E D ! (You will be deleted/banned if they are filled with nonsense!).... - OPERATING SYSTEM: (Which OS? XP, Vista, Win7, Win8? Which editions?)........ - SECURITY SOFTWARES: (Which Anti-virus, anti malware, firewall? Versions?)... - IOBIT SOFTWARES: (Which IObit softwares are installed? Are they Free or Pro editions? What are the build versions?)............................................................. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- O P T I O N A L ! (It will help forum members to help you better.)...................... - HARDWARE: (What is your PC's and/or Laptop's hardware configuration?)........

I corrected my day of birth, to follow this instruction!

Here's my pm to one of these Admins.:

User CP

Hello solbjerg!

......................(sorry it was only for admins:lol:)

Sarakael

Bonus vir semper tiro!

And here's the answer of one them named solbjerg:?:

solbjerg

Administrator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarakael

Hello solbjerg!

Day of birth has changed to:

.......................(sorry it's still only for admins:lol:)

Please confirm.

Have a nice day!

Sarakael

Thanks to IObit, I've to love this GUY?? :evil::evil::evil:

Sarakael out!!

User CP cleaned

Hi Sarakael:-),

This is a difficult transition for some. There may be some confusion and misunderstanding. The change in the format of the forum is made to help keep the forum relevant and is very necessary. It is unfortunate that you have had a negative experience as a direct result of this change. Any help I may render to you I freely give and offer!:-D (Though not an admin... I can perhaps assist)

I only followed this request

Registration Required Information - All fields are required.

Email & Password

Please click the button below to edit your email address and password.

Date of Birth - January 1, 1911

Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.

Please contact the Administrator if your date of birth has changed.

Privacy:

OS + Computer Details

R E Q U I R E D ! (You will be deleted/banned if they are filled with nonsense!).... - OPERATING SYSTEM: (Which OS? XP, Vista, Win7, Win8? Which editions?)........ - SECURITY SOFTWARES: (Which Anti-virus, anti malware, firewall? Versions?)... - IOBIT SOFTWARES: (Which IObit softwares are installed? Are they Free or Pro editions? What are the build versions?)............................................................. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- O P T I O N A L ! (It will help forum members to help you better.)...................... - HARDWARE: (What is your PC's and/or Laptop's hardware configuration?)........

I corrected my day of birth, to follow this instruction!

Here's my pm to one of these Admins.:

User CP

Hello solbjerg!

......................(sorry it was only for admins:lol:)

Sarakael

Bonus vir semper tiro!

And here's the answer of one them named solbjerg:?:

solbjerg

Administrator

Re: User CP

Hi Sarakael

For some reason you are registered with a birthday 1.January 1911 which would make you 102 years old

Do you want me to edit that?

It seems you in reality are 15 years my junior.

Cheers

solbjerg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarakael

Hello solbjerg!

Day of birth has changed to:

.......................(sorry it's still only for admins:lol:)

Please confirm.

Have a nice day!

Sarakael

Thanks to IObit, I've to love this GUY??:evil:

Sarakael out!!

User CP cleaned

Hi Sarakael:-),

This is a difficult transition for some. There may be some confusion and misunderstanding. The change in the format of the forum is made to help keep the forum relevant and is very necessary. It is unfortunate that you have had a negative experience as a direct result of this change. Any help I may render to you I freely give and offer!:-D (Though not an admin... I can perhaps assist)

Thanks a lot :mrgreen:

It's not the change but the impertinent insult!

'It seems you in reality are 15 years my junior.'

I only asked him to edit it in order to commensurate IObit's request, there's no need to abuse me! :evil:

Anyhow, have a nice day!

Sarakael

All this is like a joke!

I don't think saying you are 15 years younger than I am is an insult, but a compliment from a 67-68 year old.

Solbjerg has seen that your birth year is 1911 and said you can not be 102 years old and asked if you would like him to correct that and guessing your age 15 years younger than himself. He also said it in a Private Message.

Please refrain from posting PMs (Private Messages) in the forum unless they are spams.

You are a great translator Sarakael, but I can't say the same thing about your posting language.

Have a nive day.

Hi enoskype

You are right.

Sarakaels "problem" seems to spring from not selecting to have his age shown. He did PM me about the age he now wants displayed and I asked if he wanted me to change the previous and obviously wrong age he had before. He never replied to that question.

How he can see that I tell him that I am 15 years older than he is can be an insult I certainly do not understand - and anyway it was in a Personal Message between the two of us.

He has now opened it up to public discussion for some reason.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. @ Sarakael : I think that if you in your CP choose to have your birthday displayed you may be able to change the birthdate now shown.

All this is like a joke!

I don't think saying you are 15 years younger than I am is an insult, but a compliment from a 67-68 year old.

Solbjerg has seen that your birth year is 1911 and said you can not be 102 years old and asked if you would like him to correct that and guessing your age 15 years younger than himself. He also said it in a Private Message.

Please refrain from posting PMs (Pivate Messages) in the forum unless they are spams.

You are a great translator Sarakael, but I can't say the same thing about your posting language.

Have a nive day.

Cute interpretation :lol:

I take a note of it.

Sarakael

Hi Sarakael

Nothing cute about it - just a normal translation.

I have two sisters respectively 6 and 8 years my juniors.

That just means that they are respectively 6 and 8 years younger than I.

If you really were 102 years old I could have said that you were 34 years my senior. :-) It would perhaps not have been as kind but it would be true according to the 1911 birthday.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. I think that if you choose to have your birthday displayed in your CP you may be able to change your current date

Cute interpretation :lol:

I take a note of it.

Sarakael

Hi Mel,

Please read my PM.

Cheers.

Oh yes, read it well, Mel :lol::mrgreen:

BTW

The original sentence was:

'It seems you in reality are 15 years my junior.'

It seems you should relearn some lessons, my junior!

I'm tired do work with guys like you, just delete my account.

IObit is informed.

Sarakael...

Please don't become inactive here.:shock: We are all humans reaching for the same thing. Don't be mad either as it is pointless and useless.

From my post #2

There may be some confusion and misunderstanding.

You are a valuable member here and well respected!

Don't be offended by the steps taken... or the comments considering!:-)

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

[EDIT] by Melvin_Deal;

There is no offense intended by anybody here... only misunderstanding!! Also Please Consider the posting of your Content... You have posted part of a Private message on open forum!!!! I respectfully request that you revisit your recent posts and remove any content that was part of a (PM) Private message! Please remove the private content from your posts!:smile: Please resolve all issues initiated within PM by PM. I will be happy to assist!

RANT: Here's my take. Semantics and language differences aside. When did common sense disappear in our every day lives??

Solbjerg has always presented himself as mentor, gentleman and friend to those he interacts with on this forum. If his comment was misunderstood that's one thing, but if after explanation, if you can't use a little common sense, so be it, no loss.

A.T.

Dear Sarakael, Enoskype, Solbjerg, and Mel,

Please let your younger friend Cicely to clarify this misunderstanding. :-P

I have read all these posts. I think Solbjerg do not want to insult Sarakael. Enoskype also wants to explain the real opinion what Solbjerg wants to express. I think Solbjerg's expression is only a joke made between some old friends. Solbjerg wants to express you two have good relations like two old friends.

"It seems you should relearn some lessons, my junior!" is not what Solbjerg wants to express. Please be at ease, my dear Sarakael.

I think I have found the cause of this misunderstanding. Please remember that, all of us are live in different countries. We have cultural differences, which always leads to misunderstandings in cross-border communications. Actually, during my university time, I had a course named Cultural Differences. This course helps me understand that cultural discrepancy is one of the factors that contribute to cultural misreading. But unfortunately, I have already returned what I have learned to my teachers. There is few left in my head now. :oops:

So my dear friends, let’s forget this little interlude and please keep our good relations as always.

Sincerely,

Your friend Cicely

Aye Cicely!!!

Aye Cicely!!! Agreed!! :wink: My point and yours are the same.:smile:

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

P.S. Wisdom is irreflective of age... you demonstrate some wisdom... I appreciate you. :-)

Dear Sarakael, Enoskype, Solberg, and Mel,

I have read all these posts. I think Solberg do not want to insult Sarakael. Enoskype also wants to explain the real opinion what Solberg wants to express. I think Solberg's expression is only a joke made between some old friends. Solberg wants to express you two have good relations like two old friends.

"It seems you should relearn some lessons, my junior!" is not what Solberg wants to express. Please be at ease, my dear Sarakael.

I think I have found the cause of this misunderstanding. Please remember that, all of us are live in different countries. We have cultural differences, which always leads to misunderstandings in cross-border communications. Actually, during my university time, I had a course named Cultural Differences. This course helps me understand that cultural discrepancy is one of the factors that contribute to cultural misreading. But unfortunately, I have already returned what I have learned to my teachers. There is few left in my head now. :oops:

So my dear friends, let’s forget this little interlude and please keep our good relations as always.

Sincerely,

Your friend Cicely

Hi all

This is the definition of junior in Microsoft Bookshelf Basic

noun

Abbr. jr., Jr., Jun., jun., jnr.

1.A person who is younger than another: a sister four years my junior.

2.A person lesser in rank or time of participation or service; subordinate.

3.A student in the third year of a U.S. high school or college.

4.A class of clothing sizes for girls and slender women. In this sense, also called junior miss.

[Middle English, from Latin, comparative of iuvenis, young.]

Bear in mind that his whole discussion sprang from a PM where Sarakael asked me to confirm that he had changed his birthday from the 1.January 1911 to another date which I won't reveal here.

The meaning of the - in Sarakaels eyes offensive expression - my understanding of the English language follows the first .1. definition. Which makes the most sense in the context.

The second meaning might be construed as offensive - but as the PM was about birthdays it would make no sense to use that interpretation.- the forum has only existed since 2005

The third and fourth possibility makes even less sense.

It is my opinion that if one does not understand a sentence it would be most logical to ask how it should be understood. and the least you could have done Sarakael was to answer my question about whether you wanted me to edit your birthday by answering my PM to you,

Your current reaction is not easily understood from my point of view.

Cheers

solbjerg

Dear Sarakael, Enoskype, Solbjerg, and Mel,

I have read all these posts. I think Solbjerg do not want to insult Sarakael. Enoskype also wants to explain the real opinion what Solbjerg wants to express. I think Solbjerg's expression is only a joke made between some old friends. Solbjerg wants to express you two have good relations like two old friends.

"It seems you should relearn some lessons, my junior!" is not what Solbjerg wants to express. Please be at ease, my dear Sarakael.

Sincerely,

Your friend Cicely

Hello :mrgreen:

Clarified and accepted.

Cicely, Melvin, thanks for your intervening!

Sarakael

You are welcome Sarakael.

Perhaps you will not be so reactive to Solbjerg's questions in the future (from the last 4 1/2 years I have never oberved in open forum any accustion or judgement by him that was not solicited)? But more inquisitive of why he asks them? Be glad that he asks... and not offended/reactive... if so then respond via PM... and respond via PM.

If he has responded by PM it is most likely in order to offer assistance without burdoning the forum.

This forum is very well maintained by a very few people... seemingly because they are well chosen and are supported by the original creator of the site to this date.

It took me a while to get this... I had to go to the whipping post for a bit by the hand of a member who is no longer here, disappear for awhile, then reappear after realizing that we post here for the benefit of others and don't take it personally. It doesn't matter what others say as long as you are posting for the greater good in good faith.

This is the tenet that Solbjerg also operates upon. I don't see how this issue could have arisen... but it has, as we are humans spread around the globe.

I am happy that you appreciate my and Cicely's efforts at moderation... I know by experience that Solbjerg does.

So it is done? Happy posting all!!:mrgreen:

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Sorry Solbjerg

Hello :sad:

it was not my intention to hurt you!

I only tried to give impersonal answers. That's me.:-|

We've another problem (member CS) , if you can/want assist (help/new ideas) let me know. I'll pm you.

Sincere

Sarakael

Well Sarakael

I wasn't hurt as such, but I was very non-plussed. (surprised/bewildered)

But I suppose that you weren't familiar with the idiom.

In Danish we have a word called "bjørnetjenste" which is an involuntary disservice. (good intention - catastrofic result)

The word comes from one of la Fontaine's fables - sometimes called the Bear and the amateur gardener in English.

The bear in an attempt to help the gardener that is sleeping, spots an irritating fly that are disturbing the sleeping gardener - picks up a stone and smashes the fly with it, thereby also crushing the skull of the gardener.

Many people did not know the fable and percieved the "bjørnetjeneste" to be a very large service rendered - consequently the Danish language commitee decided some years ago to accept that explanation also - in my opinion a bad decision.

By CS do you mean your countryman Crackshot?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello :sad:

it was not my intention to hurt you!

I only tried to give impersonal answers. That's me.:-|

We've another problem (member CS) , if you can/want assist (help/new ideas) let me know. I'll pm you.

Sincere

Sarakael

Hi Sarakael

All good suggestions are welcome - we haven't yet heard from Crackshot if he considers the matter solved.

Cheers

solbjerg

Alle guten Vorschläge sind willkommen - wir haben noch nicht von Crackshot gehört, wie er die gelöste Sache bedenkt

It's solved. Melvin has taken over.

Sarakael

Originally Posted by enoskype

Crackshot90,

Your report says that chkdsk was read-only mode. (Did not correct all errors. )

It reported : "Errors found. CHKDSK can not be in read-only mode be continued."

I strongly advice chkdsk /R in an elevated command prompt. (Running it as an Administrator).

Cheers.

Oh, it goes on :mrgreen:

Same attempt, another writer.

Weird.:lol::lol:

I think I'll stick with the translations of IObit. Your forum Hick Hack is too strange.

Åh, det går på. Den samme fremgangsmåde, en anden forfatter.

Jeg tror, ​​jeg vil holde med oversættelser af IObit. Dit forum Hick Hack er for mærkeligt. ;-)

Åh, det fortsætter. Det samme forsøg, en anden skribent

Underligt.

Jeg tror jeg vil holde mig til oversættelser af IObit. Jeres forums "hid og did" er for mærkeligt. solbjerg

p.s. it seems though that enoskype made Crachshot understand how to perform the chkdsk ;-)

BTW I used Google Translate for Danish, you used it for German. ROFL

And the name of your 'CUSTOMER' is Crackshot90:lol:

It seems you've the better ' Seilschaften'! Thanks for editing again, you little plagiarists!

Hi Sarakael

I did not use Google Translate for my German sentences - I almost never do.

If I want to check a translation I usually use

http://www.freetranslation.com/

The reason I placed a correct translation into Danish was this sentence "Jeg tror, ​​jeg vil holde med oversættelser af IObit. Dit forum Hick Hack er for mærkeligt" The first sentence here states that you want to stop translating IObit, and that is not what the English line says.

There probably are a bit more stretch to my climbing rope, I think.

But I want to make it clear that this forum isn't mine, I am a user like most other members.

Consequently I do not have customers

I suppose that we are all in some sense plagiarists, most of what we know comes from other sources.

A little plagiarist could then be taken to mean someone that has only plagiarized a little bit ;-) Thank you!

Cheers

solbjerg

Oh, it goes on :mrgreen:

Same attempt, another writer.

Weird.:lol:

I think I'll stick with the translations of IObit. Your forum Hick Hack is too strange.

Åh, det går på. Den samme fremgangsmåde, en anden forfatter.

Jeg tror, ​​jeg vil holde med oversættelser af IObit. Dit forum Hick Hack er for mærkeligt. ;-)

Åh, det fortsætter. Det samme forsøg, en anden skribent

Underfligt.

Jeg tror jeg vil holde mig til oversættelser af IObit. Jeres forums "hid og did" er for mærkeligt. solbjerg

p.s. it seems though that enoskype made Crackshot understand how to perform the chkdsk ;-)

BTW I used Google Translate for Danish, you used it for German. ROFL

And the name of your 'CUSTOMER' is Crackshot90:lol:

It seems you've the better ' Seilschaften'! Thanks for editing again, you little plagiarists!

Hi all!

What is

Hick Hack
? This expression is alien/unknown by me.:shock:

EDIT by Mel: [Google translate:]Welche

Zitat:

Hick Hack

? Dieser Ausdruck ist fremd / unknown von mir.

I also am a member here... the same as the other members!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Archived