IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Send Your Feedback for Driver Booster

itobe

Hi Zeissman

Right.

The problem I think stems from a wish to have the newest driver - people expect that to be the best, but this is not always the case, - it also depends on your own machine and its age and configuration.

How to react then - well if you do not have a problem I can't see any reason to change. If you do have a problem that you suspect is driverr related, then by all means try to update the driver.

In that situation it may make it easier to have a program like DriverBooster.

It reminds me of the Duplicate Files finder.

Just because it finds duplicate files doesn't mean that you have to get rid of all of them. Please think about it first or you may get into dire straits :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Recently my system started acting strangely. I use Outlook Express to download and open my email. My emails started opening very slowly, like 15-30 seconds to open the first one. The second email would always open at a normal speed. Then an issue cropped up in connection with standby. My computer stopped waking up from standby and I had to shut it down and restart it each time it entered standby. It took me several days and several restore points to finally resolve the problems. I had a difficult time pin pointing what actually caused the issues. At first I thought is was ASC 7's scan and clean causing it, but I eliminated that as the culprit. Finally, I ran an older program called DRIVER MAGICIAN to restore my drivers from a backup I had done back in Nov of 2013 and all the problems were resolved. I think that updating the drivers can be detrimental if not absolutely necessary. I won't be using DRIVE BOOSTER again but it was a good lesson.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correction to my previous post regarding Driver Booster

As it turns out, the problem I was experiencing was not caused by any of the IObit software. It was not caused by Driver Booster either. While trying to troubleshoot the computer issue by doing system restores, uninstalling recent Windows XP updates, and rolling back updated drivers, some of these appeared to help for a short time but then recurred again a day or so later.

Computer problems can be very elusive sometimes. This was one of those times. A week ago last Sunday I pressed the button to bring my system out of standby and nothing happened. There was no power to the computer and the power supply had burned out. I ordered a new larger capacity PS from Amazon and it was delivered last Saturday afternoon. After installing the new PS everything worked perfectly and I have no issues with any of the items I had been having problems with. It would appear that the PS was going out over a period of time and causing these problems. I have been using the computer all this week and no more issues. :-D

• 2 weeks later...

A Suggestion on a Start-up change

I'd like to offer a suggestion as I feel victum of this, error IMHO of the main design. When the program Pro load its face screen says "All drivers are perfect" seeing that I didn't do a new scan bad news as after a new scan I had a bad audio driver. Even worse that audio driver was giving me fits with botching up volume levels, tonight fixed/replaced the driver and sounds seem back to normal.

Forget not that the start up screen installs a false scense of alls well when in fact it is not.

Thanks for allowing me to voice this one suggestion -- love the product.

:smile: IOBIT IS TOPS, Period.:-D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

supercat1990

hello,my name is john w rupert and ive used your free versions of advanced system care before and they where pretty great but this one fixed all of my outdated drivers and alot of other stuff as well.i cant tell you how greatfull i am that you put this out there for people to try that dont have the money to buy the whole program,so in thanks to you im going to buy the whole thing when i get paid next month on the 3rd,im also going to buy it for my parents computer as well its a great program and well worth the money youre asking for it ,i have total faith that i and my parents will be more than satisfied with your services.i hope this dont sound to corny but i just had to say thanks because i was ready to throw this laptop away because i couldnt figure out what was wrong with it and nothing i tried worked but your free version of advanced syswtem care fixed it and its working fine so im very greatfull.so that bieng saidanks again.john rupert i cant wait till i get the whole program and see what it does.im certain itll be awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
I tried SlimDrivers and it states that 12 drivers should be up-dated while DriverBoost tells me that all are up to date. Can you explain why?

Go and get DriverMax and it will say there are new drivers too while DiverBoost say all up to date. The free version DriverMax will let you update two divers a day. Hope that Iobit will improve DiverBoost.

Hi melen001 and parkd1,

Thanks for your reply.

We are continuing to expand our database of Driver Booster to help our users update their drivers to the latest ones.

For the situation you mentioned, please download the tool from http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/InfoHelper.exe

Double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. So you will get zipped file DriverBooster_Log_Files.zip on your desktop.

Please send us the zip file. We will update our database, if there are drivers we do not collect.

Thanks for helping us improve products. :mrgreen:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I have some problems with Driver Booster, when I open Driver Booster and move mouse on Cloud Icon, writes that ''Cloud is not connected''. My computer is connected to the internet.

''Cloud is not connected'' Confirmed!

Driver Booster 1.4 Pro (latest version), firewall disabled.

It finds the wrong driver for a bluetooth adapter "CSR 8510 A10". Windows 8.1 own works fine though..

Also some issues with with my Asrock B85M-PRO4 and B85M-ITX board and intel drivers. Driver booster didn't "discover" any SMbus/AHCI/chipset drivers (.inf maybe?) till I manually installed them from Intel and then DB said it was up to date... ?

Also the realtek alc892 driver is outdated for many months now.. Even asrock have the newer one on their homepage (and much larger size too)http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/B85M-ITX/?cat=Download&os=Win8a64

And also i would like to prefer that if DB doesn't have or find the driver it should give you some kind of notice, not just skip it. I have to manually look through all my devices to see if there is a driver or it's unknown.

But still, great job so far!

It finds the wrong driver for a bluetooth adapter "CSR 8510 A10". Windows 8.1 own works fine though..

Also some issues with with my Asrock B85M-PRO4 and B85M-ITX board and intel drivers. Driver booster didn't "discover" any SMbus/AHCI/chipset drivers till I manually installed them from Intel and then DB said it was up to date... ?

Also the realtek alc892 driver is outdated for many months now.. Even asrock have the newer one on their homepage (and much larger size too)http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/B85M-ITX/?cat=Download&os=Win8a64

And also i would like to prefer that if DB doesn't have or find the driver it should give you some kind of notice, not just skip it. I have to manually look through all my devices to see if there is a driver or it's unknown.

But still, great job so far!

Usually drivers and utilities for motherboard I recommend to download the latest version from manufacturer website.

Driver Booster can find wrong Driver, you can search on internet model of manufacturer and to view information of driver.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been an ASC Pro user for a few years now and have generally been very happy. However, this new product, Driver Booster, does not appear to be up to snuff with other iobit products...

I purchased the pro version of Driver Booster and quite honestly, unless I am missing something, its a fail. After running a scan, doing the updates, restarting and scanning again I got the “Congrtulations, all drivers are perfect�. I then ran two other free products (SlimDrivers & DriverUpdater) to double check my drivers. To my dismay, each one both came back with 4 drivers that are outdated and links to update the drivers below:

AMD High Definition Audio Device

Realtek High Definition Audio

Standard SATA AHCI Controller

AMD SMBus

More importantly, your software, Driver Booster, while saying everything was “Perfect� and showing “Driver is Perfect� under the performance column shows a red “!� exclamation mark when you click the link in the More Info column… this signifies to me that driver booster knows the driver is outdated but doesn't report it - very frustrating.

Suffice it to say I am very disappointed in the software and would like to know if I am missing anything before switching products.

I am running V1.4.0.61 and had no problems with the install, scan or updates (at least those it did update).

Sincerely,

Bryan

I have been an ASC Pro user for a few years now and have generally been very happy. However, this new product, Driver Booster, does not appear to be up to snuff with other iobit products...

I purchased the pro version of Driver Booster and quite honestly, unless I am missing something, its a fail. After running a scan, doing the updates, restarting and scanning again I got the “Congrtulations, all drivers are perfectâ€�. I then ran two other free products (SlimDrivers & DriverUpdater) to double check my drivers. To my dismay, each one both came back with 4 drivers that are outdated and links to update the drivers below:

AMD High Definition Audio Device

Realtek High Definition Audio

Standard SATA AHCI Controller

AMD SMBus

More importantly, your software, Driver Booster, while saying everything was “Perfectâ€� and showing “Driver is Perfectâ€� under the performance column shows a red “!â€� exclamation mark when you click the link in the More Info column… this signifies to me that driver booster knows the driver is outdated but doesn't report it - very frustrating.

Suffice it to say I am very disappointed in the software and would like to know if I am missing anything before switching products.

I am running V1.4.0.61 and had no problems with the install, scan or updates (at least those it did update).

Sincerely,

Bryan

Driver Booster has own database created by Iobit and is not the same as other Driver Update software, maybe not always in database are latest version or maybe not always all hardware has up to date software. Driver Booster has in tests (beta) version 2 and will support more devices and gaming hardware, database has connection with Cloud and expanded almost in real time.