IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Accusation Thread - Dispute

solbjerg

Choose IObit

I would like to choose IObit Security 360, it has higher detection rate than MBAM. It had saved my computer several weeks ago. At the beginning, I was astonished by this news. Just stay in neutral, I can’t give any judge or conclusion by the evidence only from one side, but just as said, choose the one that can protect your computer much better. :roll:

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think malwarebyte and their used stared very overrate now

asking the user to stop using iobit products and to take away all the major download sites require iobit products.on my view IN this company I can see, is a company without conscience,Also their user is not have good personailty

i just thinking iobit and malewarebyte Events,malewarebyte like china anti-virus company Rising!

this is a ture events

Mainland China's anti-virus software market competition, especially in the main between the 3 anti-virus software providers: Jinshan software companies, software companies and Jiangmin Rising software company. In 2007, due to hire gunmen Rising Kaspersky rumors of improper conduct attacks, Kaspersky (Tianjin) Technology Co., Ltd. sued the Beijing Rising Technology Co., unfair competition, Tianjin First Intermediate People's Court December 2007 19 Kusakabe issued a civil verdict, the defendant Beijing Rising Technology Co., a one-time compensation for the plaintiff Kaspersky (Tianjin) Technology Co., Ltd. 451,000 yuan economic loss. [1]

In 2008, the company released the odd tiger "permanent free" 360 anti-virus, related to Rising's remarks were odd tiger's called slander and libel, Qihoo company in August 2008 to prosecute Rising and Zhongguancun online, cases are pending. [2]

April 15, 2009, Rising on the same day Microsoft released KB956572 intercept, regardless of the user through the installation of Windows Automatic Updates, or by 360 security guards and other third-party tools to download KB956572 patch will pop-up blocking Rising Tips , leading to a large number of users is difficult to install the patch. In the Microsoft patch KB956572 implementation of the program, the Rising anti-virus software, Rising full-featured security software "intelligent proactive defense" module will pop-up blocking tips, said: "The operation is often blocked the virus used, the threat level for the in "," active defense intercepted a program is accessing is Rising protected file or folder, select the mode of operation, "" Rising of the protected files and folders on your system is very important, it is recommended you choose to reject ", leading to a large number of users is difficult to install the patch. [3] [4]

July 9, 2009, Rising in its official website tiger site has been mounted on the astounding Trojan. [5] and the odd tiger was quick to respond to that, the infection is only a search results page to show pages, rather than the odd tiger's own website, saying Rising false news broadcast. [6]

July 27, 2009, Rising's official site has been hacked and was hanging horse, attacked the subject, including Microsoft has not provided patches for Office 0day vulnerabilities and vulnerability and other vulnerabilities FireFox3.5 version. Rising without the protection of the users to browse some pages, the computer will automatically download the implementation of the "robot dog" Trojan variant, can damage the anti-virus software and through System Restore to make online games, and Internet Banking Account face great risk of theft. [7] [8] [9] 360 Security Center, a malicious Web site monitoring data show that part of the Rising's official website page on the early morning of July 25 was the hacker "hanging horse," "hanging horse" for more than 60 hours. [10]

Micro Point scandal

Main article: Rising trap micro-points scandal

Rising through the Beijing reports that monitor network founded by the Oriental Department for Liu Xu, Micro Point to unfair competition. Since 2005, the Beijing Public Security Bureau Network Supervisor everywhere longer than the soldiers suspected of accepting bribes Rising's more than 4,000 yuan, supervisor of police officers, together with net rivals join hands framing the East Rising Micro Point, resulting in its new products can not be listed. By the end of 2008, in the cases of soldiers and team vice-captain Peng-yun, Deputy Chief of Product Management Qikun due to favoritism, bribery, was arrested by Beijing Procuratorate. The suspicion of bribery, corporate executive vice president of Rising Zhao chapters in those days in August have been arrested. [11] reported on the soldiers, who fled South Africa, after being persuaded to return the country.

hi all

It is well known that knowledge passes from one generation to the next one,

When a book is witten by an author ,almost all information is derrived from previously written books by other authors.

Is this a steal of intellectual work , yes or no ?

MalwareBytes and any other Malwarebytes are built on previous knowledge and starting bases.

Even Bill-Gates was using info by IBM , MIT university IT-labs and others.

So what MalwareBytes is trying to prove i don't understand. ITSELF is a built on previous knowledge.

Malwarebytes and others are trying to retain their INCOME and nothing else.

It seems like, of course, most people here are for IObit.

But I think the evidence it more in favor of Malwarebytes.

(BTW, I don't use either product.)

I have stated my opinion and things I have found here: Suspicious IObit.

And I hope I don't get banned. :P

Just to clarify.

The reason some people were banned, was because they made numerous accounts, attacked the moderators (or admins), and did not heed my advice of waiting before they criticize. We are all aware of the situation, condemning someone without hearing their side of the story is unjust.

Attacking someone who temporarily had to remove the threads because they were cluttering up the forum with the same repetitive messages is both unfair, and nothing short of childish.

The issue is under works, and we shall have to wait for a the legal notice. This situation is between Iobit and Malwarebytes; attacking each other is not going to solve anything. Lets all act like adults here, and try to understand one another and move forward with this.

StJohns, Stop making a fool of yourself, you're pretty much a big one already by paying for a so called company that steals from others and sells it to fools like you, and even denying while your beloved security tool is standing there with other companies medals in their hand.

Attacking a member on the forum does not support your claim in any way, nor helps the situation out.

Be nice.

The evidence is clearly showing that iobit is guilty of stealing the malwarebytes database, You people will be going under soon, of that

I have no doubt.

Just out of intrest can any one from the iobit staff explain the detection of AVCleanSweepPro, a rouge that doesn't even exist? (well except

in Malwarebytes and iobit database). I would really like to hear this.

When Lavasoft goes down, Malwarebytes becomes popular. There is always hard competition in the security market.

Malwarebytes has been popular for somtime now and doing an excellent job, untill today I had never even heard of iobit.

I've recommended this program from it's first release.

Until this dispute has been settled, I'll have to stop recommending

IObit 360.

Until this controversy is settled, I'll also have to stop endorcing any of the other programs produced by IObit. Sorry. :cry:

I think this is a very good choice and I think other iobit customers should follow this example if you have any moral or ethics.

And, if iobit did copy some definition from malwarebytes, what is problem?

People are make too much trouble on this!

A problem in perception it seems.

A man invents and builds something that makes him wealthy. By his work, creativity and timing did he get to this point. If someone steals (takes without payment or even credit) his ideas so that he makes less money, or perhaps no money. There is a victim and a criminal in this case, and nobody I would wager that is educated in North America or Western Europe or Australia/New Zealand would have any trouble in identifying which is which.

It seems the education and assumptions are different elsewhere. If people in one part of the world are going to try and create and run a global business then they had better understand the customs, cultures, and laws of other areas, or they are going fail, and suffer public relations storms such as this one.

"illegal" ... "immoral"

No, I do not think these word is correct to describe any

It depends on your point of view doesn't it?

People that objecting to IObit at the moment are offended, their sense of fairness is in uproar. You may not agree with it, but if the people that run IObit do not come to understand it, and quickly, it's going to be very bad for your profits in North America and Western Europe.

The problem is IOBit detects harmless software that was put there purposely to catch this sort of thing. Either they copied them or they detect everything as FP. Either way its bad. Who wants clean files randomly deleted? Who wants a scamming software companies software?

How many years did they bash IE browser?

Still has the market share!!

IOBit will be making good,simple ,secure software for end users long after

The Wilders crew have abandoned Malwarebytes,(as the already have turned on SuperAntiSpyware), for the new flavor of the day.

IE has market share because the business practices they used created a huge market of captive buyers (can you imagine that they won in court with the argument that a browser was part of an OS?). Bad example.

Firefox blows IE away - I only keep it to grab updates directly from M$, and the few backwards sites that require it.

SuperAntiSpyware turned into junk at once. Then they were turned out, why should they be turned on before. I am cheap and hate paying for anything but I bought your product in May 2009. In October 2009 you infected me with an Adware hijacker that took days to remove. In Nov 2009 this charge comes. Some people are already polarized, but the mindshare in the middle is still vast. If you can defend yourselves you will survive, and MWB will get a big black eye.

We will see, rhetoric means little at this point. But somehow the angry/outraged anti IObit side is more clear then the IObit side who is drowning in multiple excuses and accusations. Come on guys, get a story and stick with it, all this extra chatter makes you look less then perfect (edited to avoid a ban).

@Bags,You are angry. Maybe you have a right to be,although it seems from your own post,you were more concerned with venting your spleen than having your IOBit software issue fixed.

If you at the time, prefered a good rant rather than resolution,fine,it was

your choice.

Accusations of Fanboy-ism aside,we all have Software vendors and products

we like or dislike.

You referred to Malwarebytes as "The Gold Standard",and that Firefox "blows IE away".

Please do not tell me I do not have the right to have the same positive feeling for IOBit,that you do for your chosen products.

I can assure you,there is no shortage of drama in the history of either.

@testando:

Are you in the slightest way,capable of conceiving how little I am

concerned with your assessment of my mental health?

The problem is IOBit detects harmless software that was put there purposely to catch this sort of thing. Either they copied them or they detect everything as FP. Either way its bad. Who wants clean files randomly deleted? Who wants a scamming software companies software?

Maybe I can shed some light on the beginning statement. Iobit uses heuristics, and so, false positives is bound. Like A2, when heuristics is enabled, it tends to pick up things that are safe, as dangerous.

False positives are common, some tend to spurt out more then other, but they are common. AV comparatives did a test, and one of their results on antiviurs' was based on the false positives they generated.

I hate false positives as much as the next guy, but realistically, its there, no matter how much we hate it.

It is not so strange.

People normally join forums when they either have a problem with a software,

or wish to express their support for it.

I have had no problems,and until this witchhunt,I did not see a pressing

need for "Atta-boy" backslapping.

It is clear that most of this kerfuffle is just racist against Chinese,

That is the stupidest comment I have seen, this has nothing to do with race, it is to do with the fact that what iobit have been doing is illegal immoral and unethical.

"illegal" ... "immoral"

No, I do not think these word is correct to describe any

Correction, these are the stupidest comments I have seen. The problem is that malwarebytes employ people and spend alot of money on doing their research to get the

definitions for their database. Then iobit has come along and stolen all the hard work done by the malwarebytes team, instead of doing what every other legitimate

company does, doing their own research and building their own database.

ghant do you work for iobit?

Can we not start a flame war please?

We each have our own opinion, trying to sway the mind of another is a futile idea.

I feel sory for the forum mods, because you probably had no idea that IOBit was doing such dirty tricks behind your back. Its probably a good time to jump ship btw...at least show that you wont be a part of IP theft.

Archived