IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Iobit Giveaway-Free ASC Pro

samr

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi aguilarojo,

This has been discussed many times in the forum, and there are solutions, but update to the recent version ASC 3.41.

You can download it from ASC 3 version 3.4.1 is released thread.

Cheers.

Thanks Enoskype!

Shutting off my DSL connection and then entering the license allowed the Free app to upgrade to PRO. When the PRO version produced the same window error I reported earlier, only in the PRO version was I able to click Continue and processing proceeded.

I remain impressed with IObit however I do believe the portable ASC and IS360 versions act like the desktop versions and try to install components of various programs into the Taskbar and elsewhere. I appreciate the information in this forum which provided workarounds certain design oddities (like needing to shutdown the DSL connection while entering the license data), but I'd like IObit to pay more attention to the design issues so that the Portable and Desktop versions act more efficiently within those modalities.

Thanks again Enoskype, and all others here.

If it hasn't already been posted, there is a quick and easy workaround. If your codes dont work, turn off or unplug your network or interrnet connection(router, cable box, etc.). Then try entering your codes again. It worked with mine. Then you can reconnect your internet. :smile:

This works to convert the free program to "Pro", but the program still needs to be registered, and the code still comes up invalid if you try.

Probably..

Because IObit finally caught on to that back door that's been left open for months as reported on Raymond CC and other tech sites.The back door I refer to is the disconnect from the internet to enter the licensing information.Either way,I'm sure they know about it now that it's been brought to their attention by a few members.In terms of activation problems for all who received free licenses throughout the day,I'm sure this issue will be resolved within the next 24 hours or so.Imagine the shear number of requests that must have been processed today-I smell servers burning-be patient people-it is free!

License Code ASC Pro Free

Earlier today I gave my email address in order to receive a free copy of the software ASC Pro from IObit. Went through the process, gave email address, downloaded version 3.4.0 from Download.com. Received email From: IObit Support <krissy.only@iobit.com>. The email contained the account name and a license code. Did a clean install of the software and got to the point when it explained how to activate the software. I received an error message that said the name and code were invalid and that I should purchase a new license. I have been trying all day to get through to Tech Support but each time the email request times out before the request is delivered. I received the original email Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 15:23:12 +0000. I read a previous post on how to get another copy of the email with the codes and I did this and there has been a problem with that server all day and even up until a few minutes ago. If anyone could assist in this matter it would be greatly appreciated. :?:

Up and Down

I have found it has been up and down to even get to these IObit forums yesterday and again this morning.

Down For Everyone Or Just Me shows the following 2 results (see images)

The first (down) was about 20 minutes ago at 10:48 am and the second (up) is at 10:50 am.

These results are a perfect picture of what the connection has been like for me lately :cry:

All the best, woz of oz

Good tip

You need to uncheck all 3 boxes to reject those toolbar and changes.

Regards,

Sam

Yep and not just IObit either.

When possible, I never use the 'suggested' Default install. I always do a Custom install for all software and I un-tick everything I don't need :wink:

All the best, woz of oz

per help pages

Well, of course 10 bit knows about the temp back door solution as it is written in their help pages.

4) If you still can not successfully register the product, here's a fix: disconnect your network connection temporarily, and re-enter your license to activate PRO. After successful activation, you can enable your network connection

Well, of course 10 bit knows about the temp back door solution as it is written in their help pages.

4) If you still can not successfully register the product, here's a fix: disconnect your network connection temporarily, and re-enter your license to activate PRO. After successful activation, you can enable your network connection

Oh, then it's not an unattended back door, but intended to leave it open:-)

...When the PRO version produced the same window error (Windows - No Disk) I reported earlier, only in the PRO version was I able to click Continue and processing proceeded. ...

Sadly I was premature in my observation. The second day of ASC running in the PRO mode with the license installed, This same windows error reappeared.

I observed that I had to mount my USB stick with the Portable version of ASC and IS360 first -- only after the mounting of the USB stick was completed was I then able to select the Cancel option of the Windows - No Disk dialog box error. This led to the closing of that dialog box and the startup of the ASC desktop PRO version.

I mentioned in an different posting that the Portable versions of ASC and IO360 maybe sharing or intermingling data in some way - perhaps certain components are shared? It is just odd to observe that without the USB stick with the Portable apps mounted the Windows - No Disk dialog box could not be removed.

Another observation: ASC PRO tries to update, produces a blank window dialog with no messages, several dialog messages which state that errors will be reported back to IObit, the last dialog message which appears is the Windows - No Disk message I've reported here and elsewhere.

I hope that what I've reported here will provide useful clues which leads to a solution.

Update:

I had assumed that ASC v. 3.4.0 would update to the latest version when it received the license for the PRO version; this did not happen. I instead implemented the advice mentioned in this Forum to utilize a link to ASC v. 3.4.1. I installed ASC v. 3.4.1 and it updated normally to A.S.C v. 3.4.1.685 in the PRO mode with all the information and settings I had selected earlier in v 3.4.0.

If there are any further problems I'll report them in this thread.

Thanks for the support of the IObit community, users and pros.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Hi aguilarojo

Happy thanksgiving to you too :-)

Have you tried the father/mother of all repair - a Clean Install ?

Uninstall, delete program folder, install newest freshly downloaded version

Cheers

solbjerg

Sadly I was premature in my observation. The second day of ASC running in the PRO mode with the license installed, This same windows error reappeared.

I observed that I had to mount my USB stick with the Portable version of ASC and IS360 first -- only after the mounting of the USB stick was completed was I then able to select the Cancel option of the Windows - No Disk dialog box error. This led to the closing of that dialog box and the startup of the ASC desktop PRO version.

I mentioned in an different posting that the Portable versions of ASC and IO360 maybe sharing or intermingling data in some way - perhaps certain components are shared? It is just odd to observe that without the USB stick with the Portable apps mounted the Windows - No Disk dialog box could not be removed.

Another observation: ASC PRO tries to update, produces a blank window dialog with no messages, several dialog messages which state that errors will be reported back to IObit, the last dialog message which appears is the Windows - No Disk message I've reported here and elsewhere.

I hope that what I've reported here will provide useful clues which leads to a solution. It's going to be hard to replace all the functions which the PRO version provides because these problems refuse to go away.

Thanks for your prompt attention.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Hi all,

First, sorry for my poor English, I am not fluent in English.

May I ask about ASC Pro giveaway today. Do I have to activate it right away or can I keep it (maybe for 2 weeks) to activate it later. I've a plan to give it to friends of mine and I am affraid that I can't contact them till next week.

Please answer my question, a vip member or IObit admin' clue will be much appreciated (It will be very ugly if I give my friends with a non working lisence).

Thanks.

Hi all,

First, sorry for my poor English, I am not fluent in English.

May I ask about ASC Pro giveaway today. Do I have to activate it right away or can I keep it (maybe for 2 weeks) to activate it later. I've a plan to give it to friends of mine and I am affraid that I can't contact them till next week.

Please answer my question, a vip member or IObit admin' clue will be much appreciated (It will be very ugly if I give my friends with a non working lisence).

Thanks.

Hi HappyGhostan:

I think the FREE offer is over and done with (meaning no longer available). The link which provided the free offer before is here. Please note that although they say on that page, "The 24 hours giving away has been running out." IObit may actually mean that "the 24 hour give away has ran out." The difference in meaning is that the Free offer no longer exists which would explain why they recently raised the price for the same product offered on that page from free to just under $10.00.

Regardless of that change, you must provide one email address and then the license is sent to that address. It states very clearly that the license is for one PC.

You may be out of luck for the free offer. Paying just under $10.00 remains a great deal. If you decide to buy the PRO license, remember that you cannot share that license with anyone else though.

Archived