IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Iobit360 1.41 -VS- Macrium Reflect

wildwillie

If Iobit360 is running & I go to open bootup Macrium Reflect, I get a loud error noise & when I minimize Macrium Reflects screen, there's an error box that says:

Exception EAccess Violation IS360mon.dll @ 771238F0.

Access violation at address 771248F0. Read of address 771248F0.

Attached is a print screen of the error. (BTW.. This happens on each of my computers.)

Nick at Macrium Reflect said it was due to Iobit360.

Attached is a print screen of the Macrium Reflect posting & Nick's reply.

WHY IS Iobit360 giving me problems when I run Macrium Reflect?

NEXT PROBLEM (related)

I first thought maybe I had a corrupted installation or a bad copy of Iobit360, so I used Revo Uninstall's (Advanced most severe Mode) to uninstall Iobit360. It removed everything except a couple of items, telling me it would remove them on my next bootup.

I then restarted the 'puter...only to get a black screen advising me to put in a bootup disk and press a key.

I checked the Bios.. everything was OK, I tried repeatedly, but the computer would NOT REBOOT.

I thought, well I'll fix that.. I'll just use my Macrium Rescue Disk & restore the C: drive.

Macrium tried, but told me repeatedly that the 400gb Sata C: drive was only an 80gb drive (not large enough to restore a 400gb operating drive). Huh?...Well that Sata C: drive is a 400gb drive, but for some reason, it NOW thought it was only an 80gb drive.

Using ANOTHER drive which is an IDE 400gb drive, I had Macrium Rescue restore my operating system.

I then used KillDisk to wipe the original 400gb Sata C: drive CLEAN...

Macrium Rescue NOW recognized it was a 400gb drive & was able to restore my operating system back on my original Sata C: drive.

I dunno what happened, but I think maybe Revo Uninstall took out too many things, even though I checked everything carefully during the uninstall of Iobit360... unless Iobit360 was tangled up with the operating system of the hard drive..? Any ideas?

P.S. Currently with Iobit360 turned off, I don't get the loud error noise & error screen when I bootup Macrium Reflect.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is version 1.41

Iobit 360 1.41 as noted in the subject line. I hope GaryBear looks at this one, he is most familiar with this software and may be helpful... I'm clueless here!:oops:

-Mel

HI Wild Willie.... also maybe good to post version of Macrium! Wish I could help:roll:

Howdy

hi

thank you for the information..may i ask what version you are using?( iobit360)

thank you.

ascot

You're surely welcome. The Iobit360 version I have is the new one, 1.41.

I'm curiious if you've had the same problem.

Just for the record, when my 'puter wouldn't reboot & that 400gb Sata C: drive became only an 80gb drive, I was very upset... until I finally got the problem solved. WW

Hi Willie!!!

Hi Willie!! I have seen that error you show in your first screen shot also. I don't see it any more. I don't run IObit360 in real time any more. MSSE recommends not running another malware program while it is running. I posted the same error a long time ago on this forum. Don't remember getting an answer, but I'm old and senile. I also saw your thread in Macrium forum about the error. Nice work my friend. Your wisdom is really welcomed on the forum. Glad to see you use Macrium Reflect. It's a great program and will never disappoint you. I need all the help I can get explaining Macrium to our members.===garybear

No Ideas ???

Gee Whiz, with all of the people that visit this forum I really thought someone would have an idea about this Iobit360 involvement with Macrium Reflect.

I've got IOBIT360 v1.4.1.11, and the very latest version of Macrium Reflect v4.2.2409.

On BOTH 'puters I disabled Iobit360 in the startup menu, and also in the IOBOT startup setting.

Then upon reboot, Iobit360 properly doesn't show in my operating tray,...

BUT in my Task Manager Processes, I show the file: is360srv.exe.

WHY DOES THIS STILL SHOW UP when I've disabled it in the startup menus?

Then when I bootup Macrium Reflect, I still get the error noise and the Error message about the is360mon.dll

If I go into my Task Manager Processes, and click on is360srv.exe and Terminate the Process, then Macrium Reflect will bootup WITHOUT the loud noise and Error Message.

So WHY IS Iobit360 causing problems?

IOBIT360 is obviously causing some kind of conflict when I bootup Macrium.

:smile::smile: WW

hi again.

looks like this may be a fault,and needs attention by ether company.

its seems to be , a iobit problem more so than malcuim reflect.

the version of iobit , the one you are using.and the latest malcuim.

are giving you the problem

i am using older versions (=bouth.)and no problems have i with them, or am encountering any

so perhaps it needs attention or reported to iobit?

So WHY IS Iobit360 causing problems? well put it this way i will not try it

as i am happy with the set up at the moment.

you may need to uninstall one or the other.

or disengage iobit do the back up then reengage iobit to get passed the problem.when backing up.

Terminate the Process, then Macrium Reflect will boot up WITHOUT the loud noise and Error Message.

as you already stated till this is fixed.

ascot

That is the IS360 service running in the background, which is the real time protection module, if I am not mistaken.

You can set it to manual and prevent it from starting at system boot by opening a command prompt and typing this:

sc config is360srv start= demand

Security 360 on demand only

Hi wildwillie

I'm afraid I don't have the technical answers to your questions but I can help with this.

On BOTH 'puters I disabled Iobit360 in the startup menu, and also in the IOBOT startup setting.

Then upon reboot, Iobit360 properly doesn't show in my operating tray,...

WHY DOES THIS STILL SHOW UP when I've disabled it in the startup menus?

To stop is360srv.exe from running until you launch Security 360:

• Control Panel

• Administrarative Tools

• Services

• Right click on IS360service

• Select Properties

Stop the service (if necessary)

• Click on the dropdown arrow in Startup Type and select Manual

• Click Apply

• Click OK

Note: If in the future you do a Clean Install of Security 360 or if there is a major update of Security 360 this Manual setting will be changed back to Automatic and so you will need to change it yourself again.

Edit: I see that while I was typing danburrito has pointed to another path that goes to the same place (I guess)

All the best, woz of oz

DOES ANYONE CARE??, why does Iobit360 conflict w/Macrium Reflect..?

Howdy... friends

I don't claim to be the sharpest crayon in the box, but I think there's a problem with Iobit360... stay tuned and see if you agree..

I've posted the eyewakening event that happened to my #1 'puter in the lounge.

The TITLE is:

Iobit360 1.41 -VS- Macrium Reflect

To save space, I'll not explain it again.. click onto it and you can read what happened... it wasn't funny... in fact it ALMOST shook my faith in Maacrium Reflect..!

But when I got Macrium to fix it, my faith was TOTALLY RESTORED in Macrium Reflect... and I'm not trying to sell it..!

I really don't care if you believe me or not... but if you try it... YOU'LL BE A BELIEVER.. & if You are not using it in a business... IT's FREE..! ... And Rightly so... Great way to get your boss to buy it.

Now my complaint... No one with Iobit has responded at all...!

If Iobit is a good program... and I do not doubt that it is... then if they are monitoring the forum... WHY have they not responded?

My thinking is that they don't have an answer..!

I don't know if Iobit360 is a good program or not... but I can tell you that it doesn't stop Macrium Reflect from working..!

And as old Red Fox used to say before he died.. Thank God & 3 other white men!

bye bye WW

Hi wildwillie!

This user forum is constituted of free members. The staff of Iobit come here as they see fit, to aid in the development and improvement of Iobit products. Your posts will be read by them.

You assume many things...

Macrium is fine software. 360 is also.

The fact that you have had a problem and want immediate answers/responses/solutions is understandable! The fact that your problem is unique(rare) and puzzling, and requires studying, and is very personal to you is also understandable.

Perhaps as this problem is so rare it has nothing to do with 360? Perhaps you are running another software that brings the problem? Perhaps its a certain combination of softwares running (your configuration) that brings this problem (yes the rare one) so fervently to your mind.

Unless you are about to crash with no recourse to repair... can't you help find the reason/solution?

To my knowledge... nobody running Macrium and 360 has ever had this exact problem.

As a help forum, perhaps all can help and find the solution that may help others, here now ... and in the future.:-D

-Mel

Hi Mel

Right!

I would like to add that according to wildwillie he was trying to run Macrium reflect while having at least IS360 running automatically too.

That sounds a little foolhardy to me.:-)

Some suppositions: Perhaps Macrium reflect is configured to temporarily stop the anti-virus running while the imaging is taking place, perhaps it even stops other automatic applications from running during the imaging?

But perhaps it isn't configured to stop IS360? Or perhaps IS360 isn't configured to stop while Macrium is running?

I lean mostly to the explanation that one should not run other automatic functions/applications while creating an image with either Macrium or Easeus or any other such program.

Just my personal non-professional opinion. :-)

I suggest that you deactivate automatic scan in the settings or go into services.msc in Run and make the setting there manual. (at least while trying to make a Macrium reflect image)

Cheers

solbjerg

This user forum is constituted of free members. The staff of Iobit come here as they see fit, to aid in the development and improvement of Iobit products. Your posts will be read by them.

You assume many things...

Macrium is fine software. 360 is also.

The fact that you have had a problem and want immediate answers/responses/solutions is understandable! The fact that your problem is unique(rare) and puzzling, and requires studying, and is very personal to you is also understandable.

Perhaps as this problem is so rare it has nothing to do with 360? Perhaps you are running another software that brings the problem? Perhaps its a certain combination of softwares running (your configuration) that brings this problem (yes the rare one) so fervently to your mind.

Unless you are about to crash with no recourse to repair... can't you help find the reason/solution?

To my knowledge... nobody running Macrium and 360 has ever had this exact problem.

As a help forum, perhaps all can help and find the solution that may help others, here now ... and in the future.:-D

-Mel

Hi Willie and old friends!!

Hi friends. My understanding is that Willie was getting an error while opening Macrium Reflect. The error led him to the Macrium forum. He was advised by Nick; the big dog at Macrium, that IObit360 was conflicting with Macrium. While he was attempting to uninstall IObit 360 with Revo, he was advised that a restart was recommended to finish the uninstall of IObit 360. When he restarted, his PC would not boot. I think Willie is a big fan of Macrium and only panicked when Macrium would not restore a backup image because Macrium saw his 400GB Hard drive as a smaller drive than his back up image.After replacing his drive with a spare 400GB, Macrium restored his backup image just like it should have. Willie was then able to reformat the original HD and then use the same backup image to restore his original HD, just like he should have been able to start with. I don't explain things real well some times. This was not hard for me to understand. I do not have an answer for Willie, and I hope I have understood him right. I use to get the same error Willie got ,but I do not run IObit360 in real time any more because I'm using MSE as my AV. It is my opinion that there is a conflict between IObit360 and Macrium. It may be real hard to duplicate Willie's problem. Macrium seems to be aware of the conflict, because they advised Willie that there was a conflict. I'm not the smartest cat on the block, but maybe Iobit should be contacting Macrium to fix this, and maybe they are. If IObit is aware of this, then they should tell Willie that they are looking into the conflict. The old bear, just tells it like he sees it, right or wrong. I don't back off very often even when it gets me in trouble. I stay in trouble most of the time. If I have misunderstood your problem Willie, please correct me. ==garybear. IMHO someone could advice Willie they are looking into a rare problem he had with a IObit uninstall with Revo. I wish I had an answer Willie , but I don't. I'm just glad you have Macrium and knew how to get your PC back working after your bad experience. PS All my friends that are posting about this problem, need to read Willie's post a little closer. The problem happened while uninstalling IObit with Revo. Macrium was just an innocent by stander, but Macrium solved the problem for Willie. Thank God for Macrium my friend Willie. PSS I reported this same error that Macrium gave a long time ago, but I never had the problem that Willie had, and I do not get the error any more. I have the pro version of IObit 360, but use it on demand only.

Hi gary

"This was not hard for me to understand. I do not have an answer for Willie, and I hope I have understood him right."

How do you explain that sentence?

As I understand Macrium reflect it takes a snapshot of the drive at an exact momemt and then uses this snapshot to create an image that can be used for recovery.

If one is at he same time using the automatic function of IS360 or any other program that moves data around on the drive, there could be some data that are in the process of being moved while this snapshot is taken, and that could in my opinion make such an image faulty.

So please advise your alter ego willie to close down all automatic functions while creating an image.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi friends. My understanding is that Willie was getting an error while opening Macrium Reflect. The error led him to the Macrium forum. He was advised by Nick; the big dog at Macrium, that IObit360 was conflicting with Macrium. While he was attempting to uninstall IObit 360 with Revo, he was advised that a restart was recommended to finish the uninstall of IObit 360. When he restarted, his PC would not boot. I think Willie is a big fan of Macrium and only panicked when Macrium would not restore a backup image because Macrium saw his 400GB Hard drive as a smaller drive than his back up image.After replacing his drive with a spare 400GB, Macrium restored his backup image just like it should have. Willie was then able to reformat the original HD and then use the same backup image to restore his original HD, just like he should have been able to start with. I don't explain things real well some times. This was not hard for me to understand. I do not have an answer for Willie, and I hope I have understood him right. I use to get the same error Willie got ,but I do not run IObit360 in real time any more because I'm using MSE as my AV. It is my opinion that there is a conflict between IObit360 and Macrium. It may be real hard to duplicate Willie's problem. Macrium seems to be aware of the conflict, because they advised Willie that there was a conflict. I'm not the smartest cat on the block, but maybe Iobit should be contacting Macrium to fix this, and maybe they are. If IObit is aware of this, then they should tell Willie that they are looking into the conflict. The old bear, just tells it like he sees it, right or wrong. I don't back off very often even when it gets me in trouble. I stay in trouble most of the time. If I have misunderstood your problem Willie, please correct me. ==garybear. IMHO someone could advice Willie they are looking into a rare problem he had with a IObit uninstall with Revo. I wish I had an answer Willie , but I don't. I'm just glad you have Macrium and knew how to get your PC back working after your bad experience. PS All my friends that are posting about this problem, need to read Willie's post a little closer. The problem happened while uninstalling IObit with Revo. Macrium was just an innocent by stander, but Macrium solved the problem for Willie. Thank God for Macrium my friend Willie. PSS I reported this same error that Macrium gave a long time ago, but I never had the problem that Willie had, and I do not get the error any more. I have the pro version of IObit 360, but use it on demand only.

Once again solbjerg ,you have opened your mouth without thinking. Willie was not creating an image with Macrium. He was uninstalling IObit with Revo. Just so you get your facts straight Willie is my neighbor and a hell of a lot smarter than you about computers. I have no trouble understanding Willie's problem because we talk daily. You my old friend are way out of line and owe Willie an apologies. Don't bother apologizing to me. I know you well my friend.===garybear ("So please advise your alter ego willie to close down all automatic functions while creating an image.)" Cheers

solbjerg )

So gary - or is it willie

Now you are blaming Revo for the problem!

Well - I won't respond anymore.

Cheers

solbjerg

Once again solbjerg ,you have opened your mouth without thinking. Willie was not creating an image with Macrium. He was uninstalling IObit with Revo. Just so you get your facts straight Willie is my neighbor and a hell of a lot smarter than you about computers. I have no trouble understanding Willie's problem because we talk daily. You my old friend are way out of line and owe Willie an apologies. Don't bother apologizing to me. I know you well my friend.===garybear ("So please advise your alter ego willie to close down all automatic functions while creating an image.)" Cheers

solbjerg )PS my friend enoskype you need to tell our friend solbjerg to cool it, he is way way out of line. there is no place for this kind of behavior from our administrators.

Hi solbjerg!!!!!

Hi solbjerg. I do not need to explain this or any thing else to you my friend. Your behavior is not excepted on this forum. I can say what I please but you can not my friend. You are representing our forum.===garybear (Hi gary

"This was not hard for me to understand. I do not have an answer for Willie, and I hope I have understood him right."

How do you explain that sentence?

Moved

I have merged the posts from the Security 360 thread into this one.

1) There is no need for 2 separate discussions on what is essentially the same topic

2) It was far too cofusing trying to follow the 2 separate threads

3) The topic in the Security 360 section was more about Macrium Reflect than Security 360 and now is going off topic and so belongs here in the Lounge if anywhere at all

All the best, woz of oz

Hi!!!!

I'm not an expert, but I think there is a conflict between IObit 360 and Macrium because they may share the same dll files. I wish I was smarter ,but I deal with what I have, which ani't much. It shouldn't be that hard to figure out for the big dogs!!!!===garybear

Wow.. I didn't mean to start a Firestorm!!

[/b]First... There seems to be many ASSUMPTIONS being made on the forum.

And yes, I did assume that my postings & description of the problems involved would be read, studied, and perhaps ideas presented... as to what was happening... & hopefully some ideas, theories or solutions.

It would have been nice to know that the problem was "being studied".

Nick @ Macrium told me that the interference with Macrium was because of Iobit360, so I decided to uninstall it.

My experience while uninstalling Iobit360 was very JOLTING..! I certainly hope it is RARE..!

It had my UNDIVIDED attention for quite awhile.

Macrium saved me from a whole lot of work & time... repairing one of my 'puters.

It doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to figure out that Iobit360 needs to be uninstalled or disabled, when Macrium Reflect is booted up... but I find it quite strange that the ONLY PROGRAM I've ever had to worry about in making a backup with Macrium... is Iobit360.

Maybe.. like cigarettes... Iobit360 should come with a warning..??

Now from what I'm reading it appears that a few people think that GaryBear, who sometimes is a bit unrully (but he means well).. and I are one and the same.. Talk about making assumptions..?? haha.. I find that ASSUMPTION to be quite comical...!

GaryBear knows (at least I think he does) quite well,... how stressed I was when my 400gb drive would not re-boot, and Macrium Reflect was unable to fix it, because the 400gb drive suddenly showed up as an 80 or 90gb drive.

(I was on the phone to him, describing my frustration and amazement.)

If you read my earlier posts, you'll see how I fixed the problem... but that doesn't explain WHY IT HAPPENED in the first place. That's what I was and still am... interested in finding out.

:???: WW

Hi wildwillie

As I remember it - you said that it was after an uninstall of IS360 where you used Revo Uninstaller that you experienced the problem.

Is there a slight possibility that you could have made a mistake using Revo?

I have uninstalled IS360 several times and have never experienced what you describe.

I have Macrium on my machine too.

Can you please explain why it is that if I look up garybears IP address I will see both garybear and wildwillie as users.

Same thing if I look up wildwillie I see garybears address there too.

Cheers

solbjerg

[/b]First... There seems to be many ASSUMPTIONS being made on the forum.

And yes, I did assume that my postings & description of the problems involved would be read, studied, and perhaps ideas presented... as to what was happening... & hopefully some ideas, theories or solutions.

It would have been nice to know that the problem was "being studied".

Nick @ Macrium told me that the interference with Macrium was because of Iobit360, so I decided to uninstall it.

My experience while uninstalling Iobit360 was very JOLTING..! I certainly hope it is RARE..!

It had my UNDIVIDED attention for quite awhile.

Macrium saved me from a whole lot of work & time... repairing one of my 'puters.

It doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to figure out that Iobit360 needs to be uninstalled or disabled, when Macrium Reflect is booted up... but I find it quite strange that the ONLY PROGRAM I've ever had to worry about in making a backup with Macrium... is Iobit360.

Maybe.. like cigarettes... Iobit360 should come with a warning..??

Now from what I'm reading it appears that a few people think that GaryBear, who sometimes is a bit unrully (but he means well).. and I are one and the same.. Talk about making assumptions..?? haha.. I find that ASSUMPTION to be quite comical...!

GaryBear knows (at least I think he does) quite well,... how stressed I was when my 400gb drive would not re-boot, and Macrium Reflect was unable to fix it, because the 400gb drive suddenly showed up as an 80 or 90gb drive.

(I was on the phone to him, describing my frustration and amazement.)

If you read my earlier posts, you'll see how I fixed the problem... but that doesn't explain WHY IT HAPPENED in the first place. That's what I was and still am... interested in finding out.

:???: WW

well i cant stay away .i miss the forum.

its driving me silly..not posting..

i hope its ok..??

It doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to figure out that Iobit360 needs to be uninstalled or disabled, when Macrium Reflect is booted up... but I find it quite strange that the ONLY PROGRAM I've ever had to worry about in making a backup with Macrium... is Iobit360

well not my first time.its happened to me before..using dr virus .program

i left it running .next thing .fluxed the drive.as i was backing up .(image)

i read this tread very careful with a open mind..

i shall answer..the best i know how..

iobit 360..before i make a full statement regarding malcuim. and iobit.

lets all cool down.

i can understand what is happening,

first of its my opinion only and i tested this..

any back up,(image) one makes .every application ,must be shut down.

any virus,auto scanners,and programs like iobit.

as a back up takes a shot of the drive,it normally LOCKS the drive,then proceeds with its work.

that is why the rattle of the drive,or whining,down.now if a program is running.

here is the problem..linking it to a car peddle down ,brakes on..

one program try's to lock it ,the other trying to run it.(hence the whirring)

take the foot of the peddle ,and the nose is gone..in this case iobit .disabled..its as simple as i can put this..

i assume this is happening when running a back up ?

with iobit running ,? well. that is what i understand..

you cant do this. hence the result.plus your back up fails or gets corrupted.

next thing the drive that is being backed up .

now the 80 gig drive,that is supposed to be 400.you are unlucky.this happened.but .understand this..i lost my one .totally..and woke up what caused this..

it will and can happen if any one persist in making a back up .and not disable all apps.(stop them from Running) plus turn of the Modem...and .no cd in the drives.. if using a hard drive..to place the back up to.

ok i will do something for the forum.

i shall test this out..very hard.

any how i do hope this settles things a little..

as always trying to help .itsmejjj

thank for holding my here..!

Hi Willie!!!

Hi neighbor. I'm almost sorry I got you involved in this forum. I apologize for the rudeness of some of our administrators. You described me well (unruly). They know me well on the forum also. I don't back down to anyone. We have had members leave our forum because they were misunderstood by some. I have also been there and have had to take a break from the forum. I have made a pledge to myself not to be critical of others, but this little deal made me break my pledge. I will now renew my pledge. I hope you will view this as a positive and remain here on the forum to help our members with your vast computer knowledge. You did not start a firestorm. I did and I'm not one damn bit sorry.===garybear

Archived