IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Iobit360 1.41 -VS- Macrium Reflect

wildwillie

Hi JJJ!!!:-D So happy to see you post!!! Thanks for taking the initiative!

I have been in these forays as well.

Perhaps Wildwillie and GaryBear share an IP through a wireless router... I do not know.

All members, in my opinion, are equally responsible for their posts (admin or not), and all members (admin or not) have the right to equally express.

We all know that when the tone of a discussion reaches a certain point, it becomes unproductive and destructive... then it becomes all members' (admin or not) responsibility to stop it.

To Solbjerg, I applaud you for not continuing to respond to this.

To GaryBear, I applaud you for renewing your pledge.

To WildWillie, I applaud you for your forbearance.

:mrgreen:

-Mel

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi jjj!!

well i cant stay away .i miss the forum.

its driving me silly..not posting..

i hope its ok..??

It doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to figure out that Iobit360 needs to be uninstalled or disabled, when Macrium Reflect is booted up... but I find it quite strange that the ONLY PROGRAM I've ever had to worry about in making a backup with Macrium... is Iobit360

well not my first time.its happened to me before..using dr virus .program

i left it running .next thing .fluxed the drive.as i was backing up .(image)

i read this tread very careful with a open mind..

i shall answer..the best i know how..

iobit 360..before i make a full statement regarding malcuim. and iobit.

lets all cool down.

i can understand what is happening,

first of its my opinion only and i tested this..

any back up,(image) one makes .every application ,must be shut down.

any virus,auto scanners,and programs like iobit.

as a back up takes a shot of the drive,it normally LOCKS the drive,then proceeds with its work.

that is why the rattle of the drive,or whining,down.now if a program is running.

here is the problem..linking it to a car peddle down ,brakes on..

one program try's to lock it ,the other trying to run it.(hence the whirring)

take the foot of the peddle ,and the nose is gone..in this case iobit .disabled..its as simple as i can put this..

i assume this is happening when running a back up ?

with iobit running ,? well. that is what i understand..

you cant do this. hence the result.plus your back up fails or gets corrupted.

next thing the drive that is being backed up .

now the 80 gig drive,that is supposed to be 400.you are unlucky.this happened.but .understand this..i lost my one .totally..and woke up what caused this..

it will and can happen if any one persist in making a back up .and not disable all apps.(stop them from Running) plus turn of the Modem...and .no cd in the drives.. if using a hard drive..to place the back up to.

ok i will do something for the forum.

i shall test this out..very hard.

any how i do hope this settles things a little..

as always trying to help .itsmejjj

thank for holding my here..!

Hi my friend jjj. welcome back my friend. You keep your butt on this forum my friend. We need you!! Thank you for your post and trying to help my neighbor. I'm so glad your back. Please stay here jjj.

i should of added this.if one is just baking up files .this should be fine.as the drive is not locked down..

the locking effect is done so it takes its shot.and replicates it as a image.

without movement. like a photo shot.the drive is held still .no movement .

locked.if this cant be done .you will not have the perfect backup.

plus can lose the data.the shot has made. changed by a application changing it at the time of back up.when locked.(you get whirring)

hence the possible corruption..

itsmejjj

hi ya GARY.and all .my wife is given grace! she is allow to stay with me longer on this earth! and i feel so much better now..the lord has kept her safe for me..!!!

she is 80% better..

Hi!!!

("Can you please explain why it is that if I look up garybears IP address I will see both garybear and wildwillie as users.

Same thing if I look up wildwillie I see garybears address there too.

Cheers

solbjerg

You have lost it my friend. I told you Willie is my neighbor and my friend. I know nothing about IP address's, but you can take it to the bank, Willie does and he will make you look even more foolish than you have already made yourself. You need to cool it solbjerg. You are out of line and don't have your head screwed on right, at this time. My friend jjj is right,we all need to cool it. Just remember who started this and I never back down , but I will this time. I'm so happy to see you back jjj!! Please stay my friend!!==garybear PS Just read your last post jjj. I'm so glad your wife is doing well. I hope for all the best for you my friend!!

bouth using the same isp man! but .the ip number should be different.

say for instance it was 1.4.6.8 your one(gary) willy cant have the same as you

it could be 1.4.6.9 .(willy)

unless you are linked..if sol sees the same .1.4.6.8..by the 2 of you .than you must be wired up?

no if or but..

um i know ip numbers and how thy work.. .now

let me ex plane .if 4 pcs are wired in the same router.(non NETTED) thy all use the same ip..as thy use the routers set ip..if its your router .

is willy wired to your router ?

then this explanes it..

itsmejjj

Welcome back

Hi jjj, good to see (read) you again and you return bearing joyous news about your wife, excellent :smile:

.....ok i will do something for the forum.

i shall test this out..very hard......

Here is something you may want to look at when you test:

By default IObit Security 360 has is360srv.exe running in the background as shown in the Task Manager.

is360srv.exe can be disabled by going to Services and disabling IS360service so it will only be running when Security 360 is launched and will stop running when you exit Security 360.

If you find that this is360srv.exe running in the background might be affecting the Macrium backup and you want to check if any other similar services running in the background has the same affect, then:

By default A-Squared Free has a2free.exe running in the background as shown in the Task Manager

a2free.exe can be disabled by going to Services and disabling a-squared Free Service so it will only be running when A-Squared is launched and will stop running when you exit A-Squared.

It seems to me these 2 backgound services are very similar in what they do, so I thought it might be a good idea to test them both.

This might help to see if the Macrium backup problem is related to just Security 360 or also appears when some other security software service is running in the background.

Thanks for looking into this and I know you are going to have fun ripping it apart to see how it works or why it doesn't :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

ip addresses... ?

Using Revo uninstall.. I suppose anything is possible, but I carefully checked (I always do).. each item that I delete, and I'm confident that I didn't delete anything unless it showed iobit's involvement in the item.

I've made many MR backups of my computers and rescues when needed,...

and I find it strange that until I installed Iobit360, I never had a problem, period.

And I've never turned off any automatically running programs when making a backup.

(I do usually close all windows, but on occasion, have left a window or 2 running during the backup, and never had a problem.)

Even with Iobit360 disabled, it still has is360srv.exe running in the processes list in Task Manager.

To totally disable Iobit360, I have to click on the is360srv.exe item in Task Manager and End or Terminate the process.

Since I've disabled Iobit360, I don't understand why it is still running in Task Manager.

(I've learned another way to disable Iobit360, I must first open it, then turn it off. This deletes all of the Iobit listings in Task Manager.)

Now about your other question....

Both GaryBear and I use Pioneer Telephone Company's DSL service. Pioneer tells me that we both have "dynamic ip addresses".

If I power down my modem.. then power back up, my ip address will change.

I'm told that it changes each time the modem is powered up, but doesn't change if left powered on.

I just now called Pioneer, (http://www.pldi.com) at 800-375-8903 and was advised that my "current" dynamic ip address is 208.114.41.113.... I was further told that GaryBears "current" ip address is 68.235.136.251.

my account name is luv2fly and I believe GaryBear's account is gandorwig.

Feel free to give Pioneer a call if you want to learn more about their operation.

P.S. & yes as to my DSL account name, I am a pilot... I've owned 7 different airplanes & I do love to fly.

WW :-D

wozzie .thanks i keep it in mind..

i try to find out if its iobit..look i think not.if its just stopped.any how i have a spare drives and install the latest iobit and malcuim...i will use XP for this

look willy has struck a problem,and i for one be leave its possible..

so .we try to work out .if its not just him.he may of stumbled on a big problem

we now have to sort this out .or iobit .may want to look at this..

by the way .can you tell me the os.you are using? willy

jjj

Disable in Services ?

.....Even with Iobit360 disabled, it still has is360srv.exe running in the processes list in Task Manager.

To totally disable Iobit360, I have to click on the is360srv.exe item in Task Manager and End or Terminate the process.

Since I've disabled Iobit360, I don't understand why it is still running in Task Manager.

(I've learned another way to disable Iobit360, I must first open it, then turn it off. This deletes all of the Iobit listings in Task Manager.).......

Did you try my suggestion in This Post ?

It works for me :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

Hi, jjj

Thanks for your earlier help, and your posting about the ip addresses was interesting, but GaryBear has an entirely different modem & system from mine.

We both do use Pioneer DSL service.

GaryBear has just the one computer... I'm so crazy, I run 3 or 4 at the same time.. I've got 3 online rite now.

I follow the stockmarket quite closely..

And just for the record, I appreciate EVERYONES efforts & comments..! THANK YOU..

Thanks for your earlier help, and your posting about the ip addresses was interesting, but GaryBear has an entirely different modem & system from mine.

We both do use Pioneer DSL service.

GaryBear has just the one computer... I'm so crazy, I run 3 or 4 at the same time.. I've got 3 online rite now.

I follow the stockmarket quite closely..

And just for the record, I appreciate EVERYONES efforts & comments..! THANK YOU..

IP Address Host Name

68.235.136.251 68-235-136-251.dynsouth.hsi.pldi.net

City Region/State Postal Code

COMANCHE OKLAHOMA 73529

Country Name Country Code Time Zone

UNITED STATES US -06:00

ISP Latitude Longitude

PIONEER LONG DISTANCE INC 34.3585 -97.9463

Domain Name Net Speed IP Decimal

PLDI.NET DSL 1156286715

yep the very same!

itsmejjj

sorry, jjj

Oops. You asked about my operating system, and I meant to tell you that I'm still using XPPro.

Except my newest laptop (my wife usually commandeers it) is running Vista..(& I danged sure don't like it.)

I plan to put Window7 on it when I get the time.

And I plan to just change the harddrive when I do.

Everyone says Windows7 is better (& it probably is) but I'm not convinced, yet.

WW

Hi wildwillie

Did you do a restart of the computer after the deletion by Revo?

Sometimes that is necessary to delete the last remnants of the deleted program.

About disabling IS360 - I think the best way is to open the program - look at the properties and then disable the automatic function.

This will make the automatic function of IS360 become manual (I think - but perhaps disabled - haven't checked yet) in the services. services.msc in Run.

I suppose that dynamic addresses - given that you are neighbours - may hit on the same number from time to time, nevertheless it looked curious.

Cheers

solbjerg

Using Revo uninstall.. I suppose anything is possible, but I carefully checked (I always do).. each item that I delete, and I'm confident that I didn't delete anything unless it showed iobit's involvement in the item.

I've made many MR backups of my computers and rescues when needed,...

and I find it strange that until I installed Iobit360, I never had a problem, period.

And I've never turned off any automatically running programs when making a backup.

(I do usually close all windows, but on occasion, have left a window or 2 running during the backup, and never had a problem.)

Even with Iobit360 disabled, it still has is360srv.exe running in the processes list in Task Manager.

(I've learned another way to disable Iobit360, I must first open it, then turn it off. This deletes all of the Iobit listings in Task Manager.)

Now about your other question....

Both GaryBear and I use Pioneer Telephone Company's DSL service. Pioneer tells me that we both have "dynamic ip addresses".

If I power down my modem.. then power back up, my ip address will change.

I'm told that it changes each time the modem is powered up, but doesn't change if left powered on.

I just now called Pioneer, (www.pldi.com) at 800-375-8903 and was advised that my "current" dynamic ip address is 208.114.41.113.... I was further told that GaryBears "current" ip address is 68.235.136.251.

my account name is luv2fly and I believe GaryBear's account is gandorwig.

Feel free to give Pioneer a call if you want to learn more about their operation.

P.S. & yes as to my DSL account name, I am a pilot... I've owned 7 different airplanes & I do love to fly.

IP Address Host Name

68.235.136.251 68-235-136-251.dynsouth.hsi.pldi.net

City Region/State Postal Code

COMANCHE OKLAHOMA 73529

Country Name Country Code Time Zone

UNITED STATES US -06:00

ISP Latitude Longitude

PIONEER LONG DISTANCE INC 34.3585 -97.9463

Domain Name Net Speed IP Decimal

PLDI.NET DSL 1156286715

yep the very same!

itsmejjj

Fascinating, but I'm not sure what you're saying..

We do have the same DSL provider, but we have different dynamic IP addresses.

Are you saying that your software shows we're using the same DSL provider (which of course we are).

Or are you saying that your software is showing that were using the same IP address? ...which we ARE NOT.

If the latter, a quick phone call to 800-375-8903 will reach Pioneer DSL. They should be able to explain their system to you way better than I can.

WW

Hi wildwillie

This is one of the addresses shared if I search wildwillies IP addresses:

garybear deleted

wildwillie deleted

I am not going to persue this any further, but you are welcome to shed what light you may find with me.

Cheers

solbjerg

btw: Are you still flying?

Are you saying that your software shows we're using the same DSL provider (which of course we are).

Or are you saying that your software is showing that were using the same IP address? ...which we ARE NOT.

If the latter, a quick phone call to 800-375-8903 will reach Pioneer DSL. They should be able to explain their system to you way better than I can.

WW

Howdy, solbjerg,

Hi wildwillie

Did you do a restart of the computer after the deletion by Revo?

Sometimes that is necessary to delete the last remnants of the deleted program.

About disabling IS360 - I think the best way is to open the program - look at the properties and then disable the automatic function.

This will make the automatic function of IS360 become manual (I think - but perhaps disabled - haven't checked yet) in the services. services.msc in Run.

I suppose that dynamic addresses - given that you are neighbours - may hit on the same number from time to time, nevertheless it looked curious.

Cheers

solbjerg

You probably haven't read the entire first thread I made, on page #1, where I explained what happened....

..and Yes, I did re-boot, but when I did I encountered a complete disaster.

About Iobit360, I think you're right. I tried that & switched it to manual, but I won't know if it worked until I re-boot, because I used Task Manager to Terminate Iobit360, so at this time, it was already not running.

Regarding the dynamic IP addresses, I cannot understand why they would look the exact same.

I wonder if maybe your software is picking up the Pioneer's main IP address.

When this came up, I called Pioneer DSL at 1-800-375-8903. And as I mentioned earlier, they told me that my IP address currently was 208.114.41.113, and that GaryBear's current IP address was 68.235.139.251, so if they showed as the being same on your 'puter and showed numbers different from what Pioneer told me, then something is screwed up.

Only thing I can think of is that the program you're using is not doing its job very well... (or maybe that's the nature of a dynamic IP add. ??)

I used to have a good IP tracer, but haven't used one in a long time. If you know of a simple one, please tell me what and where it is, so I can get a copy. I know there's a number of them out there, but I'd appreciate a recommendation to one that's simple & easy to use.

Thanks for your help, WW :-D

P.S. If your program is working properly, then I would guess "anyone" using Pioneer's DSL in this area would all look the same?

2nd. P.S. - Yes, but I'm not flying nearly as much as I'd like..

BTW I didn't see your last posting when I posted this, but those IP address are certainly the same, but according to my DSL provider, neither one of those is correct. Wow.. I can sure see the confusion.

Hi friend!!

Hi wildwillie

This is one of the addresses shared if I search wildwillies IP addresses:

garybear deleted

wildwillie deleted

I am not going to persue this any further, but you are welcome to shed what light you may find with me.

Cheers

solbjerg

btw: Are you still flying?

Give it up solbjerg. We are two different people!!! I do not like my AP address posted on the forum. Thank you!!!==garybear

Hi willie

I did read it - but it is a while back :-) so I might not remember it clearly.

If the reboot was after uninstalling IS360 with Revo I do not quite understand why the blame should be placed on IS360??

In my experience it (resetting) works if one leaves the program and then restart it.

But a restart of the computer should do the trick :-)

A good check is what it says in services.msc

The issue with the same addresses as garybear - I wondered if you at any time had logged on to his computer with your username here - or vice versa? Otherwise I think that the practise of your provider is a little lax.

But I say that without knowing a whole lot about it :-)

If you look at my location you will perhaps understand why I am reluctant to call Oklahoma.

Too bad about the flying - is it age that are holding you back?

Cheers

solbjerg

You probably haven't read the entire first thread I made, on page #1, where I explained what happened....

..and Yes, I did re-boot, but when I did I encountered a complete disaster.

About Iobit360, I think you're right. I tried that & switched it to manual, but I won't know if it worked until I re-boot, because I used Task Manager to Terminate Iobit360, so at this time, it was already not running.

Regarding the dynamic IP addresses, I cannot understand why they would look the exact same.

I wonder if maybe your software is picking up the Pioneer's main IP address.

When this came up, I called Pioneer DSL at 1-800-375-8903. And as I mentioned earlier, they told me that my IP address currently was 208.114.41.113, and that GaryBear's current IP address was 68.235.139.251, so if they showed as the being same on your 'puter and showed numbers different from what Pioneer told me, then something is screwed up.

Only thing I can think of is that the program you're using is not doing its job very well... (or maybe that's the nature of a dynamic IP add. ??)

I used to have a good IP tracer, but haven't used one in a long time. If you know of a simple one, please tell me what and where it is, so I can get a copy. I know there's a number of them out there, but I'd appreciate a recommendation to one that's simple & easy to use.

Thanks for your help, WW :-D

P.S. If your program is working properly, then I would guess "anyone" using Pioneer's DSL in this area would all look the same?

2nd. P.S. - Yes, but I'm not flying nearly as much as I'd like..

BTW I didn't see your last posting when I posted this, but those IP address are certainly the same, but according to my DSL provider, neither one of those is correct. Wow.. I can sure see the confusion.

Iobit360, Revo & Macrium, etc.

Hi willie

I did read it - but it is a while back :-) so I might not remember it clearly.

If the reboot was after uninstalling IS360 with Revo I do not quite understand why the blame should be placed on IS360??

In my experience it (resetting) works if one leaves the program and then restart it.

But a restart of the computer should do the trick :-)

A good check is what it says in services.msc

The issue with the same addresses as garybear - I wondered if you at any time had logged on to his computer with your username here - or vice versa? Otherwise I think that the practise of your provider is a little lax.

But I say that without knowing a whole lot about it :-)

If you look at my location you will perhaps understand why I am reluctant to call Oklahoma.

Too bad about the flying - is it age that are holding you back?

Cheers

solbjerg

Howdy, Solbjerg,..

I'm not sure what did what, but there were two problems.

1st. With Iobit running or not running, when I booted Macrium, I got that loud error boom and an error screen popped up. Nick @ MR said it was due to Iobit. (even when Iobit is not started, that one file in Trask Mgr. will cause the error.) I finally found by ending the process, MR would be OK.

2nd. BIG Problem was deleting Iobit with Revo. Apparently Iobit must share dll's or something that I unknowingly deleted with Revo. There were I think 2 items left to be deleted upon re-boot, but when I rebooted, the 'puter would NOT reboot. It wanted a boot disk. MR wouldn't do a restore 'cause somehow the drive was corrupted. It appeared as an 80gb drive when in fact it was a 400gb. MR said it was too small. Ultimately I restored my system with MR on another 400gb drive. Then I used KillDisk (which also thought the drive was an 80gb) to erase everything, then it appeared as a 400gb again, so I booted MR & restored the original drive.

I can assure you if I should uninstall Iobit, I not use Revo to do it, again. :-D

About the issue with IP address, no I've never used Gary's machine, and he's never even been in my computer room... It's quite messy, so I don't let anyone in there. (I keep it messy to keep my wife from digging around in stuff. She won't even come in the room. haha)

Yup, I can see why you don't want to call the US, but did U know that for $20.00 per year, you can have a real phone number anyplace in the US? and make & receive local & LD calls from your location to any phone in the U.S. without further expense?

Flying? No, it's that I stay quite busy. Not doing much today, but usually I'm darn busy, & my wife is a bank VP, & she naturally wants to go with me if I'm making a trip. I usually don't just fly to burn fuel, I mostly go somewhere if I'm in the airplane.

Hi willie

1st. problem was - as I see it that IS360 wasn't shut down, it was still running in the background on the automatic protection.

2. problem is harder to pin down for me - if we knew exactly we might do it.

One of the problems is not sitting at the computer having trouble :-)

Your domestic setup sounds about normal to me :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Howdy, Solbjerg,..

I'm not sure what did what, but there were two problems.

1st. With Iobit running or not running, when I booted Macrium, I got that loud error boom and an error screen popped up. Nick @ MR said it was due to Iobit. (even when Iobit is not started, that one file in Trask Mgr. will cause the error.) I finally found by ending the process, MR would be OK.

2nd. BIG Problem was deleting Iobit with Revo. Apparently Iobit must share dll's or something that I unknowingly deleted with Revo. There were I think 2 items left to be deleted upon re-boot, but when I rebooted, the 'puter would NOT reboot. It wanted a boot disk. MR wouldn't do a restore 'cause somehow the drive was corrupted. It appeared as an 80gb drive when in fact it was a 400gb. MR said it was too small. Ultimately I restored my system with MR on another 400gb drive. Then I used KillDisk (which also thought the drive was an 80gb) to erase everything, then it appeared as a 400gb again, so I booted MR & restored the original drive.

I can assure you if I should uninstall Iobit, I not use Revo to do it, again. :-D

About the issue with IP address, no I've never used Gary's machine, and he's never even been in my computer room... It's quite messy, so I don't let anyone in there. (I keep it messy to keep my wife from digging around in stuff. She won't even come in the room. haha)

Yup, I can see why you don't want to call the US, but did U know that for $20.00 per year, you can have a real phone number anyplace in the US? and make & receive local & LD calls from your location to any phone in the U.S. without further expense?

Flying? No, it's that I stay quite busy. Not doing much today, but usually I'm darn busy, & my wife is a bank VP, & she naturally wants to go with me if I'm making a trip. I usually don't just fly to burn fuel, I mostly go somewhere if I'm in the airplane.

I just installed IS360 v1.41, updated it, and then started Macrium Reflect (latest free version) and had an image created. No fault whatsoever.

Win7_x64 is on my machine, though.

Verification of the created backup was successfully completed.

Could XP be the culprit? Maybe some other service is disabled on wildwillie's machine that causes the error?

WW

no sir the information is the same ip was shown different

just conferring your clame) your statement)

looks indeed ,correct.{B}

any how reading the post .certainly different than Garey's way of posting..

now vista.well that is a problem in it self..

ok i tested this . this just finished.cant find any problems..

i even had iobit running ,that i would normally not do.active,

started malcuim. and made a backup..easy 3 minn ,done.

rebooted.made 4 more .toyed with different apps running.

now how about defraging,? well ,not a clever thing to do..

but just for the sake of testing..

went fine ...

so as to what happened to you.well i cant duplicate it..nor ex plane it

using WIN7 and XP..

but that is no to say your problem is solved..

now as for win7 yes well ultimate is the best one ,has every thing build into it .and its own backup.that i use.

32.0r 64 bit are that of choosing.what ever one likes

itsmejjj

to: danburrito & itsmjjj

Howdy..

I hope neither of you misunderstood me concerning Macrium.

Macrium has ALWAYS worked perfectly for me, with exception of the error message that would popup when I booted Macrium.

But that error message was only an irritation, since it had ABSOLUTELY NO EFFECT on making a Macrium Backup and/or a reinstall perfectly.

I've since figured out that if Iobit360 is turned off, and I reboot with Iobot still turned off (disabled in startup), ... if I go into Task Master & delete or end the Is360srv.exe there NO LONGER will be an error message when I bootup Macrium.

But as I said... NOTHING has ever really effected Macrium Reflect doing its job.

My main headache was the uninstallation of Iobit360.

Thanks for everyone's help.. WW :-D

Archived