IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Forgot password for Protected Folder.

nurktwin

I have forgotten the password to my folder :(

Version 1.0 I usually remember these but for some reason I did not remember this one and cannot reset it. Please let me know what I can do to reset the password. Thank you

Kirk

EDIT: Please send a Private Message (PM) to Cicely .

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So what is the final outcome for everyone with this issue?:???:

What Issue?

They just Forgot their Passwords. :wink:

And Cicely helps them recover them.

I always write my Passwords in a .txt file and hide it somewhere,

with a Strange file name, on my external backup drive.

As long as I can Remember the File name I'm OK. :lol:

I didn't lose my password. It just won't work

Last night I installed and used Protected Folder for the first time. I wrote down the password and confirmed it 4 times by reopening the file. Today I get the message that the password is wrong. I can't even remove Protected Folder without the password. Is there any way to recover from this?

Before anyone edits this, I've already sent a PM to Cicely. LOL

Maybe someone should create a Forum or Link in Header dedicated to Forgotten-passwords, with instructions,

since there are so many, and no one seems to want to read or don't understand pervious instructions about sending a message to Cicely, in this thread?

Just a Suggestion. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

For YOUR INFORMATION!

FOR YOUR INFORMATION!

Whoever sent a PM about the passwords to Cicely has received a reply PM from Cicely.

Whoever did not send a PM about the passwords to Cicely has not received a PM about the passwords from Cicely.

So, don't expect a solution for forgotten/lost/not working passwords for Protected Folder if you don't send a PM to Cicely.

Cheers.

Hi airtex.

Send a Private Message (PM) to Cicely. Click the blue highlighted private message link at the top right of the Forum GUI, it will take you to Private Messaging. Tell her the problem you are having with your lost password.

You can see you are not the first one with this problem... click this link: http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=9776&highlight=lost+password

Sometimes when you have a question you can save time by utilizing the forum search function at the top of the GUI and you'll not have to wait for a response!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi Kit!

Welcome to Iobit forum.

Perhaps it was a typo when you set your password?

Perhaps a software glitch.

Perhaps a misspelling. Who knows!

The remedy is the same... send a private message to Cicely utilizing the blue Private Message link at the top right of the forum GUI.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Archived