IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

UN-Happy!

2Bit

So, I have just purchased IOBit Malware Fighter Pro and Advanced SystemCare PRO v4 and I am NOT happy.

"Runtime Error (at 58:1227):

Internal Error: Failed to expand shell folder constant "userappdata" "

That's for both the IOBIT installation or the Advanced SystemCare update.

Can I get this fixed! Yes?

hi 2Bit

May I suggest a Clean Install! :-)

(link to description in my signature)

Cheers

solbjerg

So, I have just purchased IOBit Malware Fighter Pro and Advanced SystemCare PRO v4 and I am NOT happy.

Is there someone Else who can help me?

Well, I would have thought that after providing you with an error number, you might go to your look-up tables and tell me the problem.

Perhaps you have another box where, after someone tells you their Operating System and System information, you can ask people if this is their first rodeo.

I have a Bachelor of Science in Electronic Engineering and several years of working with computers - including IT admin. experience,

I have Advanced SystemCare installed but after providing the user license (purchased this morning) I get that error on the Updates. So, I ran AdvancedCare to allow it to fix the registry and other problems but I still get the error.

That same error code occurs when I try a CLEAN installation of IOBit Malware Fighter Pro. imf-setup.exe was downloaded this morning from the e-mail link after the purchase. Your site has the audacity to tell me I have just 3 total downloads and the first attempt to download failed in a Chrome Browser. Apparently the only way to protect your product is to limit the downloads and the license key is just for show.

I suppose if I had spent even MORE money on this 2Bit product for the unrestricted download setting, I would have more opportunities to watch it fail at the start of the installation (where it is occurring now).

So do us all a favor; drop the coffee in your lap and look up the code for me - perhaps it will tell us both something and you will make your company look nice.

You've got an unhappy customer there IObit. So even though he purchased your software, he can only download it a total of 3 times?? Yikes.

2Bit, you should have done some more research regarding IMF and ASC 4 as they both seem to have issues. I tested IMF Free and it failed miserably in my virtual malware tests. It also slowed down my machine fairly significantly. Malwarebytes is a much, much better choice.

I have never used ASC because I use CCleaner, but from what I have read, people are trying to revert back to the previous version because 4 is causing so many problems.............I use Smart Defrag 2, and it works great, but I wouldn't touch IMF or ASC with a 10' pole.

Online Support

Well, I would have thought that after providing you with an error number, you might go to your look-up tables and tell me the problem.

The members and Administrators/Moderators of this Forum are volunteers who would like to help if they can but they are not employees of IObit.

If you have purchased the Pro version of IObit software you are entitled to support directly from IObit.

Please contact IObit Online Support

Describe your situation and include as much information as possible.

Thanks for everyone's reply

Well then, thank you to everyone who DID reply, I found the link for getting official help. I apologize for lack of trying before and for my temper - not much sleep lately. Oh, and I am tired of giving Microsoft money when they just Market instead of Engineer.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply 2Bit :smile:

By the way, this is the first time I have heard of this 3 downloads restriction but I know I have downloaded Advanced SystemCare from MajorGeeks.com much more than 3 times so that shouldn't be a problem.

The Pro and Free version are the same download and the license key 'unlocks' the extra Pro features.

All the best, woz of oz

Help forum

.........I use Smart Defrag 2, and it works great...........

There are some users asking for help with Smart Defrag 2 but for you (and many, many other users) it "works great"

.......I have never used ASC because I use CCleaner, but from what I have read, people are trying to revert back to the previous version because 4 is causing so many problems.............

There are some users asking for help with Advanced SystemCare 4 but for me (and many, many other users) it "works great"

There always has been and I'm sure there will always be, someone, somewhere who has a some 'problem' with some software while the majority of users don't have any 'problem'

And that is the main reason why forums like this exist, to try our best to help those people.

From my experience, many people prefer to use forums for help because they enjoy the 'coming together of minds' aspect of it, the different ideas being offered are often interesting and not something the member might have thought of themselves.

Of course, forum members don't always find the answer but by working together those members can quite often establish what is not causing the problem (EG: works ok on my Win7 64 bit) and also establish what other software and settings might cause conflict.

If it is established that it is a 'bug' in the software then that is the first step to getting it fixed.

Hi 2Bit

I read somewhere that the "userappdata" could be damaged and that creating a new Administrator account could work around that problem.

Another possible solution could be to go back to a Windows System restore point prior to the trouble you have encountered.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi wozofoz

Regarding the different setups in the machines people use, it just came to mind that a low level in the cmos battery (lithium coin cell in the motherboard) can be responsible for a wide range of strange problems.

These batteries generally lasts between 2 and 10 years.

They only costs a few bucks apiece and are easy to replace.

Cheers

solbjerg

There are some users asking for help with Smart Defrag 2 but for you (and many, many other users) it "works great"

There are some users asking for help with Advanced SystemCare 4 but for me (and many, many other users) it "works great"

There always has been and I'm sure there will always be, someone, somewhere who has a some 'problem' with some software while the majority of users don't have any 'problem'

And that is the main reason why forums like this exist, to try our best to help those people.

From my experience, many people prefer to use forums for help because they enjoy the 'coming together of minds' aspect of it, the different ideas being offered are often interesting and not something the member might have thought of themselves.

Of course, forum members don't always find the answer but by working together those members can quite often establish what is not causing the problem (EG: works ok on my Win7 64 bit) and also establish what other software and settings might cause conflict.

If it is established that it is a 'bug' in the software then that is the first step to getting it fixed.

Archived