IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IMF in original ASC6

Kacaouet

Hi Scannan,

There is a malware removal section in ASCU6 and ASC6, but nowhere near IMF.

IMF is a full fledged anti-malware software and should not be considered as same as the malware protection in ASC and ASCU.

This has been discussed in the forum and unfortunately there is a misunderstanding in this concept allover.

IObit strongly suggest that even when ASCU6 is used IMF is a good companion for malware protection.

IMF's database is updated twice weekly and fingerprints are 442167 as of today and it can not be compared with the malware protection in ASC and ASCU.

Cheers.

Enoskype/Kacaouet

Of course you are correct. I should have elaborated more in my explanation to Kacaouet. I should have added that , IMF is a dedicated Malware program which gives you realtime protection and many functions which you can set to suit your system and your browsing preferences. The Malware Remover in ASC 6 uses the malware identification and removal ability of IMF and has no other functionality.

As you say this matter has been dealt with elsewhere in the Forum such as Here.

That is why I directed Kacaouet to the News % Offers section, where he could see the attributes of the various programs.

My apologies to Kacaouet for not giving more detail.

Hi Kacaouet

They have incorporated IMF in ASC v6. That is what is used in the Malware Removal tool. Now ASC Ultimate has been released, and that has ASC/IMF/AV all combined in one program.

You should look at the News & Offers section of the Forum

IMF Pro on this computer indicates that his blocked 3 System items and 9 Web items since I last reset the stats. ASCU show nothing in this regard.

If IMF is in ASCU

1. Why would IMF Pro indicate that it has scanned and blocked items?

2. Why does it not pass the items through to ASCU for scanning and blocking?

3. Why does ASCU not show items scanned and blocked?

4. Why does ASCU not pop during some program installations like IMF Pro asking you to "Allow" or "Not Allow" the change to your registry?

Here is the quote from IObit!

<DT jQuery17102744027004334682="17">Do I still need IObit Malware fighter PRO if I use Advanced SystemCare with Antivirus 2013? </DT><DD style="ZOOM: 1; FILTER: ; DISPLAY: block" jQuery17102744027004334682="30">Advanced SystemCare with Antivirus uses IObit Malware Fighter Engine, but they have big differences as ASC with AV is designed to be an anti-virus program while IMF is an anti-malware program. IObit Malware Fighter can be a good complement of Advanced SystemCare with Antivirus. So we recommend using both of them together for better security.

</DD>

Cheers.

Hi Kacaouet!

Hello,

Why not be included directly in MFIs ASC6, if there is no problem of compatibility with other anti-virus?

What are avoiding that the program is too heavy? :idea:

@ Kacaouet

I suspect that this decision is marketing and sales driven. They could certainly be incorporated... and done in such a fashion that wouldn't be

too heavy?
Considering the huge amount of the useful free downloads of Iobit softwares, you must consider that Iobit must have a revenue stream in order to grow, prosper, and further develop its products. IMF currently has its own revenue stream and thus it would be difficult to incorporate into the other ASC products (including ASC 6) without a loss of revenue. My speculation remains that eventually ASCU will incorporate IMF... thus the naming ASCU... in the hopes of actually becoming the first trully effective "across the board" protection.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

I suspect that this decision is marketing and sales driven. They could certainly be incorporated... and done in such a fashion that wouldn't be Considering the huge amount of the useful free downloads of Iobit softwares, you must consider that Iobit must have a revenue stream in order to grow, prosper, and further develop its products. IMF currently has its own revenue stream and thus it would be difficult to incorporate into the other ASC products (including ASC 6) without a loss of revenue. My speculation remains that eventually ASCU will incorporate IMF... thus the naming ASCU... in the hopes of actually becoming the first trully effective "across the board" protection.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

I think it might be contract driven. Remember ASCU uses the Bitdefender engine and Bitdender definitions. Part of the agreement may state that ASCU can not modify the Bitdender engine and/or add other virus definitions.

There could be certain patents related to the Bitdefender scan enginve that IObit would run afoul of if they were to incorporate IMF into ASCU.

The point being is that the decision not to could be more than marketing/sales driven.:idea:

Hi enoskype

Isn't the name change from ASC (Advanced System Care) with Anti Virus to ASCU just an easier way to say that now when ASC also defends against virusses with the Bitdefender engine - it is now really the Ultimate Advanced System Care → ASCU

To me that sounds like a logic solution/choice for a name.

Cheers

solbjerg

I believe, the name change was not because of the malware function but because of the word "with".:mrgreen:

Cheers.

Hi all!

Hi enoskype

Isn't the name change from ASC (Advanced System Care) with Anti Virus to ASCU just an easier way to say that now when ASC also defends against virusses with the Bitdefender engine - it is now really the Ultimate Advanced System Care → ASCU

To me that sounds like a logic solution/choice for a name.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello Enoskype.

The ASC with A/V was released encapsulating the Bitdefender engine... that was the reason for its release. The original name ASC w/ AV was polled or threaded here (but I cannot find that right now). So are you saying that the word "ultimate" has replaced the words "with A/V" for only the purpose of getting rid of the word "with"?

Considering the original content of this thread... and the definition of Ultimate: (Mirriam-Webster pasted link to not violate usage of their content)

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10959&d=1354582253

Perhaps it was a bad choice using the word Ultimate???

Time will tell.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Ha-ha Melvin

Going towards our ultimate end, or achieving our highest political aspirations in becoming ultimately president of the United States

or ultimately going to the farthest reaches of the universe (the event horizon - as seen from here - when we develop worm hole crafts for interstellar flight). :-)

One could say that the problem with that word is that it then can't develop any further, - but then again if it does - the new version will then be the ultimate (end product) :-)

As for the original question the IMF is not in the ASCU but I am sure that the defense and the malware cleaning in ASCU makes use of the same ( a bit older though) definition files that IMF also has. But IMF updates the .def files much more often.

I have IMF running automatically at the moment and the malware cleaning in my ASC6 never finds any malware. I haven't yet tried ASCU.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello Enoskype.

The ASC with A/V was released encapsulating the Bitdefender engine... that was the reason for its release. The original name ASC w/ AV was polled or threaded here (but I cannot find that right now). So are you saying that the word "ultimate" has replaced the words "with A/V" for only the purpose of getting rid of the word "with"?

Considering the original content of this thread... and the definition of Ultimate: (Mirriam-Webster pasted link to not violate usage of their content)

Time will tell.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

:mrgreen:

One could say that the problem with that word is that it then can't develop any further, - but then again if it does - the new version will then be the ultimate (end product) :smile:
Then it borderlines on becoming a conundrum!

(Mirriam-Webster pasted link to not violate usage of their content)

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10961&d=1354593077

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi Melvin<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Not in the sense that it is a riddle, but perhaps in the sense that Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr. uses here "the conundrum, thus far unanswered, of achieving full employment without inflation” <o:p></o:p>

conundrum could here be translated as something elusive/difficult/unexplained

Bookshelf Basic has this definition as it's first choice for Ultimate:

Being last in a series, process, or progression<o:p></o:p>

Webster's New World College Dictionary (1996) has the same definition as it's second choice

<o:p></o:p>

They seek him here<o:p></o:p>

they seek him there<o:p></o:p>

the French - they seek him everywhere<o:p></o:p>

is he in heaven<o:p></o:p>

is he in hell<o:p></o:p>

that damned elusive Pimpernel<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

Cheers

solbjerg

:mrgreen: Then it borderlines on becoming a conundrum!

(Mirriam-Webster pasted link to not violate usage of their content)

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10961&d=1354593077

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Right Toppack :-)

May I suggest ASCU v.1 --- ASCU v.2 --- and so on

The U refers to that ASC at long last now is a real antivirus program also.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hey, 'Ultimate' just sounds Better than 'Next' ! :lol:

:shock: I suppose I could grow to Love the name 'ASC-Next'. :shock:

ASC-Next1.........ASC-Next2.........ASC-Next3.............

See, it 'Never Gets Old' :wink:

Hello Enoskype.

Time will tell.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Considering that Bit Defender continues to score=123671"] a near perfect score in Protection, I would think the word Ultimate applies at least for now.:-)

Archived