IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC Pro 4 Freeze, Wont Start

celtic1

I have a problem with the new version 4.0 of ASC Pro. I installed the program, and ran it without any problem, when I went to run the program a second time the program ran but when it came to the privacy sweep section the program stopped working. I had to go to the Taskmanager to stop the program. I would reboot the computer and I tried to run the program again, up on starting the program would stop running and it would not go beyond the start up screen. I have written to support and its been a week and have heard nothing back from anyone. I never had any problem with version 3.80 Pro, I have paid to renew my license and would like some assistance. can you please advise what can be done. I run Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit system.

Thank you

. I tried to run the program again, up on starting the program would stop running and it would not go beyond the start up screen.

Please explain?

What do you mean by "it would not go beyond the start up screen"?

Do you mean that the two Care, Turbo-boost and Toolbox buttons (4 large buttons) are Not displayed

or do you mean that the buttons will not bring up next selection pages?

If you mean that the buttons are not displayed on first window, (only a large white box) then there is another thread on this forum about that,

but I don't remember what the fix was.

But it seems like it involved Restoring from a Backup created by a Registry-cleaner utility, or something like that?

I would first try an Uninstall and then a fresh Install, though.

(to Uninstall you can use the utility in Control-Panel >> Programs and Features)

The program would start and I would see the first screen with all the buttons that are supposed to be there. But now when I want to click on quick scan or deep scan nothing happens, the screen fades and I get the message that the program is not responding. This is where the problem starts.

???

I don't remember any reports of that problem before.

......................Maybe someone else can help ?

Certainly sounds like all the utilities did not get Installed though.

Maybe Re-installing would help?

I uninstalled the program, downloaded a new copy of it and rebooted the computer. I installed the program again and started the program, I entered my license code and then froze. a screen shot is below. I rebooted the computer then uninstalled it. Version 3.80 worked great. I tried the beta releases but had the same problem, I removed those and stayed with version 3.8.I thought that when the final version came out the problem would be solved. Any other ideas? I have submitted reports via the IOBIT support web page but have heard nothing yet.

Clean Install

Welcome to the forum celtic1 :smile:

I uninstalled the program, downloaded a new copy of it and rebooted the computer. I installed the program again and started the program, I entered my license code and then froze. a screen shot is below.....

It seems just uninstalling is not enough to get rid of the 'corruption' that is causing this.

Please do a Clean Install

See This Post for details.

Screenshots are in This Post

All the best, woz of oz

I reinstalled the program after removing all traces of the program from the computer. I rebooted, installed the program again, entered my license code and did a scan. When it reached the provacy scan it froze up again. I am attaching a print screen. Any further suggestions?

Thank you

Try it in the browser

It says Scanning: Internet Cache

I am not sure exactly what that means but if it were me I would:

Repair the internet connection

• Right click on the internet icon (computer image) in the System Tray

• Select Repair

This will flush the DNS Cache among other things. I do this once a week as part of my Tune & CleanUp

Launch the default Browser and clear the Cache

FireFox:

• Menu

• Tools

• Clear Recent History

• Click on Details and tick what you want to clear

• Under Time range to clear select Everything

• Click Clear now

I would also clear the Cache in IE even if it's not the default browser.

IE:

• Menu

• Tools

• Delete Browsing History... .

• Tick what you want to clear

• Click Delete.

I don't know the procedure for other browsers but it should be somewhere under Tools or Options or whatever your browser calls it.

If you have problems clearing the cache with the above steps then there is probably a corruption in the browser cache. I would suggest you visit the help forum of the default browser you use and see if this problem has been discussed before and hopefully there will be a solution.

Good luck

All the best, woz of oz

Well I never had a problem with version 3.8 clearing the cache of IE or Firefox. But I tried the suggestions and the program still froze up. I rebooted the computer and tried to start the program again and the main screen came up but I could not make a selection, the program froze up and I had to use the Taskmanager to close it. Earlier I tried the beta 4.0 and it did the same thing.

When it reached the provacy scan it froze up again. Any further suggestions?

Thank you

If you disable the 'Privacy sweep' utility, by removing checkmark on it's bar, does ASC continue on and complete the Other activated utilities?

If so, start removing checkmarks in the Privacy-sweep utilitie's 'Settings', to determine which is causing the problem.

(Settings button is on bar with activation check-box)

After the reinstall, I removed the check from the privacy sweep section. I closed the program and rebooted the computer. I started the program again and after a few seconds it froze to get this message. Anything else you can suggest?

• 3 weeks later...

Well i had about the same problem:

after cleaning all - after the junk files, the program hung up a error window appers and i need send it to IObit.

I dont know why, couse i use ACS about 1 year.

I desinstalled it and installed it - no success.

The only way was; to put an old image on C.

After it all run again.

The point wat i had installed at last before it hungs was: The malware fighter.

Now i only use the iobit security 360

Well I had several problems with the new program and i had to uninstall it completely and I await the updated version. Versionn3.8 did a great job but I hope this new version that is supposed to be out soon will have many problems solved. I also use 360 and n ever had a problem with it.

Archived