IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Suggestions for Smart Defrag v2

samr

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another suggestion:

Make the four tabs stand out a bit more so they are more easily seen.

One other good thing to do, is to make all small, and smaller text in the program a bit larger so it can be more easily read. I have much difficulty with much of the small text, and would like the software text to be larger than present. Maybe you could make all areas of the text within the program so the user can make it reasonably larger per their needs, as with other Windows programs, or just make it a bit larger from the get go. Thank You for listening.

Give option to disable transparency & skinned mode!

Since it's clear from some of the other posts in these forums that several people are experiencing problems with the skinned UI in Smart Defrag, perhaps you should seriously consider the fact that people want an app that actually works and is actually usable, if that means they have to disable skinning or transparency effects to achieve that then they should be able to do so!! I for one get really annoyed when software overrides my system theme settings with custom skins because often times it means that I end up having trouble reading various parts of the programs interface, so I often end up going and finding some other software and end up definitely not recommending the skinned one to my friends, skinning is ok FOR THOSE THAT WANT IT, but for those of us who do not want it, we should have the option of disabling it if we want. On top of which did you ever consider the fact that there is a reason why the transparency support in XP is not enabled by default?? It's because it doesn't work right!!!

Aero and Progression

Please make it so that the green progression bar appears in the taskbar using Windows' Aero while defragging/optimizing and how much percentage is done out of 100%.

I love Smart Drefrag v2.2, and how well it optimizes the files on my PC. I'd just like to know how much percent has been defragged/optimized via my taskbar.

Thanks for listening and considering.

• 1 month later...

Option to make Smart Defrag the default Frag Tool

I used to use O&O Defrag, but have recently switched to Smart Defrag. Great tool. The only feature I miss is the ability to set Smart Defrag as the Windows default Frag Tool. With this option set, Smart Defrag can be invoked by clicking the "Defragment Now" button on the tools tab of the Disk Properties dialog (and anywhere else that Windows would invoke the Frag tool).

I have set the option manually using regedit in Win 7. The key path is:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\DefragPath

The value set is:

"%programfiles(x86)%\iobit\smart defrag 2\smartdefrag.exe"

In Win XP the registry key path is the same. The value to be set is:

"%programfiles%\iobit\smart defrag 2\smartdefrag.exe"

Shut Down Options selection doesn't "stick"

Unless I have missed this somewhere else, I'd like the Shut Down After Defrag options to be "sticky".

I currently have Smart Defrag2 scheduled to run daily, and I had set the check box to shut down after defrag complete. I noticed that the PC remained powered up after defragmenting and that the check box for shut down was cleared (after the first time it ran). It appears that this check box must be selected prior to each run for the PC to shut down. I hope that you might include the option to shut down after each time it is run on schedule in a future version.

Other than that, I'm very pleased with this product.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

SSD Boot Drive Support

Suggestion: Have SD keep automatic care on for secondary drives that are not SSD's.

I have a SSD for a boot drive and SD turns off automatic care for my HDD that I have for storage.This happens every time upon reboot. :cry: SD ver. 2.3

HDD: OCZ Vertex 3 60GB SATA 3 SSD boot / Hitachi 500GB storage SATA 2

CPU: AMD Phenom II 965 BE @ 4.0

MB: ASRock A770DE+

RAM: 4GB Kinston HyperX PC2 8500

GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5770

• 3 months later...

Gui

I have 6 drives. Right now, SD 3.4 can only show 4 at a time and I have to scrollbar down to see the other 2. Can you make the window resizable, please, so we can actually see all the drives at the same time?

Thanks.

@All...

I have SD v2.3 set to automatically defrag when system is idle...when I check it,it says either 0.1 or 0.0 fragmentation which is good!

I have also set my Pagefile to the same max/min size so as to reduce fragmentation and I think I have set the Pagefile to 1.5x of my 8MB of Ram.

Works for me!...and I don't let the system clear the Pagefile at booting either.Hope this is relevant and helps someone... :-)

-Cowboy

@Eno....

I may have overstated my Pagefile size,but I do have 8Gigs of Ram.So I set it to 12GB....thanks for reminding me.I do believe in setting both the Max/Min Pagefile size to the same size and don't clear it upon re-boot!

Cheers from Australia! :-)

-Cowboy

Hi cowboy,

5% of .667 TB is about 34 GB, so what is your RAM size?

In general, Pagefile should be 1.5-2 x RAM

Although it works for you, IMHO your pagefile size is too large.

Cheers.

Lol!@eno...

Sorry,my mistake Eno! Today hasn't been a good day...one of our kitties that I am very fond of is in the Hospital poor thing.She has to spend the night(s) all alone.Gave her a towel with our scent on it,hope it helps... :cry:

-Cowboy

Running v2.4 IObit Defrag now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Suggestion for Iobit

Hi IObit

I wondered if it was possible to have a function in the program that could move videos to another drive (external or large sticks) - possibly likewise pictures or other very large files, before running a scan?

Possibly a pop-up that presented you with that opportunity.

Perhaps it could be in ASC too?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi IObit

I wondered if it was possible to have a function in the program that could move videos to another drive (external or large sticks) - possibly likewise pictures or other very large files, before running a scan?

Possibly a pop-up that presented you with that opportunity.

Perhaps it could be in ASC too?

Cheers

solbjerg

???

Is that for people that have small hard-drives in portables, hand-helds, etc. ?

Hi Toppack

:-) :-) :-)

We have seen many times that people are having trouble with defragmenting because they have a lot of videoes on the same drive.

If you have a lot of space it is perhaps not necessary to make a partition or buy another harddisk for that purpose, but consider a person that have 3-400 videoes, they will perhaps have totally filled up a terabyte of their harddisk, - some people keep everything they see.

I have a 60 GB harddisk that have 60% free space - and it is by now almost 12 years old - if I had saved videoes it would not even have had more space after 1 year..

And it would be a very handy way to move those videoes, don't you think?

Cheers

solbjerg

???

Is that for people that have small hard-drives in portables, hand-helds, etc. ?

And it would be a very handy way to move those videoes, don't you think?

Cheers

solbjerg

It would be nice if SD let you know when your drive is getting too full and give the options of Moving or Deleting something,

instead of what it does Now. :-?

That's for Sure! :-D

• 1 month later...

What about allowing the user to designate low priority files?

The low priority files/folders would be moved to the end of the data

(or even to the end of the disk to get them out of the way)

An obvious candidate in XP would be systemvolumeinformation, where xp

stores all the System Restore files. They're created, but not used again

unless the user does a system restore. They're eventually cycled out,

LIFO.

If the files are sprinkled thoughout the data, it lessens the effectiveness

of the defrag; when the files are cycled off and deleted it opens holes

in the data inviting further defragmentation.

• 1 month later...
Please put a option where you can defrag a folder/file instead of a disk

Hi gunnergamer321, welcome to IObit Forum! :grin:

That option is already included in Smart Defrag.

You will find the function just under Volume box, click on the chevron shape (Add file or folder), Add file... and Add folder... will appear.

Cheers.