IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

disable update notification

jtrout4002

Is there any way to disable the update notification box? I like having the program run at startup, but am getting very annoyed with the popup window that always appears when a new version is available. At the very least, disable it so it only appears when the program is brought into focus, not loaded into the system tray.

Hi jtrout

What update notification are you talking about??

The program itself selfdom has updates, and if it does it is prudent to update the program.

What settings have you chosen?

Cheers

solbjerg.

Is there any way to disable the update notification box? I like having the program run at startup, but am getting very annoyed with the popup window that always appears when a new version is available. At the very least, disable it so it only appears when the program is brought into focus, not loaded into the system tray.

I am speaking of the windows dialog box that pops up when the program is loaded that states "a new version of smart defrag is available. Update now? Yes/No". Clicking yes opens to the iobit website and a download link.

I'm looking to find a way to disable this popup. I can easily see when a new version is available from the news crawl at the bottom of the screen. The popup interrupts the screen when the system boots since I have smartdefrag set to run at startup.

My settings are all defaults from system installation.

Hi jtrout

In my opinion it is a good thing to let us know that a new version is available is a very good idea.

If you do that you will not get any update message for quite a while. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Won't this only solve it until the next update? Unless version 2.2 has done away with the update popup?

In my opinion it is a good thing to let us know that a new version is available is a very good idea.

But what if you Like an Older version better that the Latest one? :?:

I'm in the same dilimma, since there were some things that changed in latest versions that really Bugs me.

(the graph-size shrinking and header-column shift at load)

Hi Toppack

Even so!

If an update is faulty - it will rather quickly be followed by another update, I think! This would be nice to know, right?

And following the reports of mishaps for a few users, is not a good policy in my mind. If something is wrong it is a good thing that these mishaps gets reported - it will in the long run give a better product because it will be looked into by IObit.

The problem here is that the person experiencing the "problem" feels that it is one of the most important things around, - BUT this is seldom the case if looked at from the viewpoint of the company. They have to prioritize the "problems" that gets reported.

In my experience the bulk of "problems" comes from not reading the manuals/Usage of IObit Products and abstaining from checking all the settings in the program prior to trying it out.

Cheers

solbjerg

But what if you Like an Older version better that the Latest one? :?:

I'm in the same dilimma, since there were some things that changed in latest versions that really Bugs me.

(the graph-size shrinking and header-column shift at load)

My only suggestion is that there Could be a Separate .exe program,

that generates the Update-message,

which could be disabled, by a check-box or by renaming it, if the user wanted to.

As is done in other software packages.

But I can certainly understand why IObit may not to go to that much trouble,

for such an insignificant problem.

Hi All,

At present there is no way to disable that pop up.:-(

However, we do not recommend users use the old version. This will disappoint the program developers a lot.:wink:

However, if most users like the old version, this only prove that the new version is a failed program. It should be replaced with another new version. 8:)

• 3 months later...

Deja vous or popup reminders

I believe we are all asking how to disable update notifications and if the answer is they cannot be stopped then let us know that and not the benefits of having a popup stop the computer from loading. The problem not the benefit here is that I am updated to the current version 2.2 but the old 2.0 notifications is still there and I only see one version 0n my computer . So to keep getting prodded to update an already updated version is the problem .

Again if we request to stop it you can either say ok this is how to do or or WE wont let you do it because you cant . Not spouse the benefits of updates.So........

HOW CAN YOU STOP THE UPATE notifications ??????

Can you YES OR NO!!?

Hi All,

However, we do not recommend users use the old version. This will disappoint the program developers a lot.:wink:

However, if most users like the old version, this only prove that the new version is a failed program. It should be replaced with another new version. 8:)

I believe we are all asking how to disable update notifications and if the answer is they cannot be stopped then let us know that and not blow smoke about the benefits of having a popup which stops the computer from loading especially when you are already up to date .

The problem not the benefit here is that I am updated to the current version 2.2 but the old I think, 2.0 notification is still coming up there and since I only see one version 0n my computer to keep getting prodded to update an already updated version is the problem . Again if we request to stop it you can either say ok this is how to do or or WE wont let you do it because you cant . Not spouse the benefits of updates.So........

Can you YES OR NO!!?

My only suggestion is that there Could be a Separate .exe program,

that generates the Update-message,

which could be disabled, by a check-box or by renaming it, if the user wanted to.

As is done in other software packages.

But I can certainly understand why IObit may not to go to that much trouble,

for such an insignificant problem.

I believe we are all asking how to disable update notifications and if the answer is they cannot be stopped then let us know that and not the benefits of having a popup stop the computer from loading. The problem not the benefit here is that I am updated to the current version 2.2 but the old 2.0 notifications is still there and I only see one version 0n my computer . So to keep getting prodded to update an already updated version is the problem .

Again if we request to stop it you can either say ok this is how to do or or WE wont let you do it because you cant . Not spouse the benefits of updates.So........

Can you YES OR NO!!?

Hi glenlo!

Your case seems to be different as you already have 2.2 installed. I suspect a bad install. Please try a clean install using these guidelines: http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=39220#post39220 and http://forums.iobit.com/showpost.php?p=42228&postcount=10.

EDIT: Please see Enoskype's post below and my subsequent post! For some reason my pop-up notification is NOT working and I was relying on it!! (isn't that ironic that you want to disable the thing I was relying on!!):-D

I am going to examine my 2.2 before I upgrade to 2.3!

Hope this helps!:-D

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

P.S. I think that users on this thread wish to be able to disable the update notification if they have SmartDefrag set to run on boot-up as they think it interrupts the boot process, and for whatever reason they don't wish to upgrade. I have no way to test this without re-installing an older version. I don't see how the notification would interrupt the boot, as it is only the result of one service that doesn't affect Windows!!

Welcome to IObit Forum glenlo! :-D

Since we are talking about Smart Defrag, the current version is 2.3 which can be downloaded from Smart Defrag 2.3 is available! thread.

If you have the latest version you will not be bothered with the update pop up.

My recommandation is a Clean Install of Smart Defrag's most recent version.

Cicely already pointed out that;

Hi All,

So, your question is already answered.

Cheers.

EDIT : You were quicker Mel. 8-)

Wow... I am running 2.2 and was not aware 2.3 was out there as my notification pop up does not occur!! I guess I had not noticed the update on the forum! I am curious as to why I get no notification now, as I was relying on it to let me know when to update!! :shock:

I will examine my 2.2 before upgrading to 2.3!

Thanks for being my pop-up notification Enoskype!!:mrgreen:

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

• 8 years later...