IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Send Your Feedback for Advanced SystemCare Ultimate BETA

itobe

Hi BazzaB... welcome to the Iobit forums!

8:)Hi, Have just downloaded to Ultimate ex Major Geeks. I took approx 75 minutes to get the download off this site, had three notices that download site not available. However, my anti virus etc has now started up again (lost it when I upgraded to Version 6??

Look forward to seeing how the system works.

Regards

Baaza

The download shouldn't take anywhere near that long considering all.(Majorgeeks is reliable, were you using the AUS node which is closest to you?). You may wish to see what your actual download speed is using this tool.

However, my anti virus etc has now started up again (lost it when I upgraded to Version 6??
This is not at all clear.:shock:

ASC Version 6 would not interfere with your antivirus... so please explain this more fully. Please explain and describe / elaborate .:smile:

Look forward to seeing how the system works.
does this mean that you have sucessfully installed ASC UltimateBETA ok?

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BazzaB

Hi Mel,

I was running Advanced System Care 13 with Anti Virus. also your Malware Fighter program. I got an e-mail advise message from CNET saying that you IOBIT had now released a new program - Advanced System 6 so I downloaded this thinking it was another update:oops: Unfortunately, after downloading, the new program (in which I paid for a new licence) it deleted Care 13 which also included my Anti Virus, what a mess!

I then sent a message to IOBIT support and they advised that I should now go onto Advanced Systemcare Ultimate which I downloaded from Major Geeks and which I am now running after some delays. My download speed is 8.87Mps

I should not have taken notice of the CNET advisory.

Advice to every one, do not download updates except from IOBIT.

Thanks

Mel

leftovers of ASC5 in Program Files

BETA FEEDBACK:

The install of ASC Ultimate BETA did NOT delete the ASC5 folder in Program Files. You should fix that so the install of the newer program removes all of older versions of the program. :)

I am also running Microsoft Security Essentials, no conflict what-so-ever, even with ASC Ultimate BETA turned up to highest setting (protect level HIGH). I have scanned with both antivirus programs, neither caught the other falsely, and they seem to really enjoy one-another's company! ;D

I'm feeling pretty good about this purchase. It even let me enter my ASC5 Pro license to get the new BETA Ultimate for half price, super-cool! I'm LOVING the user interface, the black and blue... FANTASTIC! Thank you ASC for finally understanding that MOST of us geeks stare at our monitors for 20 hours straight and white burns our retinas! I have no complaints.... other than:

The banner advertisement. It should not exist on PAID versions. I paid for my license fair and square, and that should exclude me from marketing schemes. Please reconsider spamming your PAYING CUSTOMERS. :(

Feedback for Advanced SystemCare Ultimate

"The top 20 most valuable beta contributors will be given a License for FREE!

And their names will be printed in the Advanced SystemCare Ultimate Final version."

Hope this is still happening?

I want to contribute my findings for a FREE License.

First I am no stranger to Advanced SystemCare.

I have been using the Free Version for 3 years now and Love it!

I find myself using the Quick Care Scan & Fix everyday and the Full Scan & Fix Weekly.

Some people chose to run a scan and then chose to fix as they choose, I however use the Scan & Fix feature and have found no problems as of yet.

Have been quite happy with the System Scans, Smart Registry/Disk De-fragment, Ram Booster & UN-Installer Programs as well.

I had the option to Download this Beta Version or the Advanced SystemCare 6 Program.

I am very happy again with this Beta Program, I had no problems with the UN-Install of ASC 5 and the Installation of ASC Ultimate Beta.

I am finding the Newly added Anti-Virus feature useful as well.

This feature keeps me from worrying needlessly as I can check everything from 1 Program and Quickly run a Scan if needed/wanted.

Saves me from running an Avast! Scan, ASC Full Scan & Fix, And then running a Malwarebytes Scan/Remove If a Virus was suspected.

I have never found ASC 5 or this Beta Ultimate Version to be a drain on my System.

I run Windows 7 Home Premium 32 Bit

Other Programs I have installed are Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (A+) Program,

And IOrbit Malware Fighter (This Program has never found anything)

So I am thinking of Deleting IOrbit Malware Fighter in favor of ASC Ultimate.

One feature of this Program I have been a little leary about using has been the Speed-Up Boost Program that has been carried over from ASC 5 to ASC 6 & ASC Ultimate Beta.

I would love to try it but it states "it might shut down a needed System Operating Program."

I don't however like the sound of that.

I have been using the Advanced SystemCare Ultimate Beta Program for a week now and I am more than satisfied with it's Actions, Scans & Processes.

I am continuing my Daily and Weekly Scans & Fix's now including the Newly added Anti-Virus Scans....:-D

Thanks & Keep up the Great work.. :mrgreen:

logs time problem

Using the IObit SysExplorer (as part of the ASC Ultimate BETA), I am having a problem with the times listed for error logs, I just did a scan using the tool, at the top of the tool it shows Date: 2012/10/31 13:40:09. (This is correct) At the bottom, it shows errors, with the most recent one being:

1201 - Time : 10/31/2012 5:03:27 PM

1202 - Source : Application Error

1203 - Description : Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 6.1.7601.17567, time stamp: 0x4d6727a7 Faulting module name: msxml3.dll, version: 8.110.7601.17857, time stamp: 0x4fcee2f0 Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x00040348 Faulting process id: 0x92c Faulting application start time: 0x01cdb7448e3b5cf4

Well, seeing as how it's only 1:45PM now... this is a problem. is there a way to set the time zone so that this is accurate?

Hi Phaewryn

One possibility may be that there is a difference in when the daylight saving time is starting/ending in your computer and when it is starting/ending in Vermont.

In Vermont I think it ends 4. of November this year - in Western Europe it is the last Sunday before November at 03:00 (24 hour notation) (ergo 1 week later for you)

What it is in your computer is possibly open to change of settings?

Control Panel: International settings and language settings I think.

Actually it is Date and Time you have to open and under Time zone tick the box automatic shift to DST

First though select your correct time zone.

Cheers

solbjerg

Using the IObit SysExplorer (as part of the ASC Ultimate BETA), I am having a problem with the times listed for error logs, I just did a scan using the tool, at the top of the tool it shows Date: 2012/10/31 13:40:09. (This is correct) At the bottom, it shows errors, with the most recent one being:

1201 - Time : 10/31/2012 5:03:27 PM

1202 - Source : Application Error

1203 - Description : Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 6.1.7601.17567, time stamp: 0x4d6727a7 Faulting module name: msxml3.dll, version: 8.110.7601.17857, time stamp: 0x4fcee2f0 Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x00040348 Faulting process id: 0x92c Faulting application start time: 0x01cdb7448e3b5cf4

Well, seeing as how it's only 1:45PM now... this is a problem. is there a way to set the time zone so that this is accurate?

Hi Mel,

I was running Advanced System Care 13 with Anti Virus. also your Malware Fighter program. I got an e-mail advise message from CNET saying that you IOBIT had now released a new program - Advanced System 6 so I downloaded this thinking it was another update:oops: Unfortunately, after downloading, the new program (in which I paid for a new licence) it deleted Care 13 which also included my Anti Virus, what a mess!

I then sent a message to IOBIT support and they advised that I should now go onto Advanced Systemcare Ultimate which I downloaded from Major Geeks and which I am now running after some delays. My download speed is 8.87Mps

I should not have taken notice of the CNET advisory.

Advice to every one, do not download updates except from IOBIT.

Thanks

Mel

Hi BazzaB!

Yes, I certainly would have held onto ASC13 as of now there is ASC6...! At the rate new versions of ASC have been released... you had the version from the year 2019!!

I am most curious as to where you got Advanced System Care 13? Did Spock and Kirk time travel back to give it to you to preserve their future... if so... oops! they are dead now.

Kind of sounds like you have been paying? All Iobit software transactions are handled by the secure Avangate host (as far as I know)... so any purchases and licenses would be handled via email by Avangate. (Unless Kirk and Spock pop back in to give you version 13 again). Careful of who you think you are paying and what you think you are buying!:shock:

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

ASC Ultimate

Does anyone know if ASC Ultimate is being tested against Windows 8?

Also in creating such a great suite of tools in one package, is Iobit missing out in not porting this to cover Android too??? Users could then use the same brand of solution on their tablet PCs/phones too.

Hi Phaewryn

One possibility may be that there is a difference in when the daylight saving time is starting/ending in your computer and when it is starting/ending in Vermont.

In Vermont I think it ends 4. of November this year - in Western Europe it is the last Sunday before November at 03:00 (24 hour notation) (ergo 1 week later for you)

What it is in your computer is possibly open to change of settings?

Control Panel: International settings and language settings I think.

Actually it is Date and Time you have to open and under Time zone tick the box automatic shift to DST

First though select your correct time zone.

Cheers

solbjerg

It was my system, not this program. My logs (which this utility pulled its info from) are on UTC, my taskbar was on Eastern. Now I'm living in UTC system-wide, and except for real life, everything is working out beautifully. I now can see relatively, when I messed something up. Much more useful to know if it was that thing I did 20 minutes ago that messed up my computer, than to know what time my culture thinks I should eat lunch at.

Hi BazzaB!

Yes, I certainly would have held onto ASC13 as of now there is ASC6...! At the rate new versions of ASC have been released... you had the version from the year 2019!!

I am most curious as to where you got Advanced System Care 13? Did Spock and Kirk time travel back to give it to you to preserve their future... if so... oops! they are dead now.

Kind of sounds like you have been paying? All Iobit software transactions are handled by the secure Avangate host (as far as I know)... so any purchases and licenses would be handled via email by Avangate. (Unless Kirk and Spock pop back in to give you version 13 again). Careful of who you think you are paying and what you think you are buying!:shock:

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

I'm fairly sure she meant Advanced Systemcare with Antivirus 2013 (which does exist), not Advanced Systemcare 13 (which does not exist, yet). It is a bit confusing.

hi Phaewryn

UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) is to all practical purposes the same as GMT (Greenwich Mean Time)

GMT utilizes our trip around the Sun to pinpoint time.

UTC utilizes many atomic clocks (about 70 I think) to do the same, they are not all in precise accordance, so they use the average of those clocks to pinpoint time. (they add or subtract a second or two most years - mostly add)

Your GMT/UTC should be -5

At the moment where I am on standard time and you on DST time is is 5 hours between us until this coming Sunday when it will change to 6 - Denmark is GMT+1. I live practically on top of 15°E longitude.

Cheers

solbjerg

It was my system, not this program. My logs (which this utility pulled its info from) are on UTC, my taskbar was on Eastern. Now I'm living in UTC system-wide, and except for real life, everything is working out beautifully. I now can see relatively, when I messed something up. Much more useful to know if it was that thing I did 20 minutes ago that messed up my computer, than to know what time my culture thinks I should eat lunch at.

Now I'm living in UTC system-wide, and except for real life, everything is working out beautifully.

Question:

Why would you live in UTC if your life is not too good there? I would think you would want to move? No

Also if you don't mind me asking, what brand of time travel equipment did you use to move into another time?

Just having some fun with the words. Meant in a humorous tone:lol::lol:

Hi ffireblade,

Yes, ASC Ultimate Beta 1.0 is being tested by me in Windows 8 Pro and Works perfectly OK.

Please see Advanced Mobile Care is coming soon! thread in Advanced Mobile Care section of the Forum for the Android.

We are all waiting to test it.

Cheers.

Could you expand on that? What applications have you installed on your windows 8? I'm asking because yesterday ASC6 completely ruined my Windows 8 with only XBMC installed.

If ASC6 has that effect on XBMC, is it worth it to give ASCUltimate a try on the system?

--- edit: I am currently testing ASC Ultimate (without Antivirus enabled, as I'm using Avast PRO) on Windows 7 x64 and have not discovered any issues so far. I have ran a full "Care"-run with Deep Scan and Defrag enabled. All my applications seem to work fine. Also, this is finally putting my ASC + Antivirus 2013 license to good use (which I had to stop using, due to a stupid bug I posted months ago and never recieved a reply to - which is the main reason why I delegated the antivirus part to Avast PRO)

Hi m1midan

Please check your settings and configure them to what you want the program to achieve. Please do so before you make use of automatic functions

Cheers

solbjerg

Could you expand on that? What applications have you installed on your windows 8? I'm asking because yesterday ASC6 completely ruined my Windows 8 with only XBMC installed.

If ASC6 has that effect on XBMC, is it worth it to give ASCUltimate a try on the system?

--- edit: I am currently testing ASC Ultimate (without Antivirus enabled, as I'm using Avast PRO) on Windows 7 x64 and have not discovered any issues so far. I have ran a full "Care"-run with Deep Scan and Defrag enabled. All my applications seem to work fine. Also, this is finally putting my ASC + Antivirus 2013 license to good use (which I had to stop using, due to a stupid bug I posted months ago and never recieved a reply to - which is the main reason why I delegated the antivirus part to Avast PRO)

I have had both a W8-RP x64 and W7-SP1 x64 not on the same computer, stop being funtional after using Care--->Disc Scan and then rebooting when Disk Scan says to.

W8-RP

I could not recover, reset, refresh or do a new install of W8-RP after that Disc Scan, which was performed by ASC w AV 2013 and an attempted reboot. Something about the MBR being shot. I eventually solved the problem the long way around by installing Ubuntu 12.04 LTS from a USB thumb drive and then installing W7 from its original installation disk. I could then have used the downloaded W8-RP file to reinstall W8-RP however I chose not to but to remain on W7 and update to W7-SP1

W7-SP1

Different physical computer than above and not quite the same result. This time using Disk Scan on ASCU b1 my W7-SP1 system could not reboot. It just hung for about 30 minutes in a Black Screen. Finally i decided to try and do a repair, recovery using the original installation disk, That did not work because Windows could not read the external USB HDD which the backups are on. Maybe if I had used the Recovery Disk I created it would have. In any case I was able to do clean install of W7.

I then asked Cicely if the ASCU b1 Disk Scan was using the Windows Disk Scan program or was an IObit program that did the actualy Disk Scan. She told me that the ASCU b1 Disk Scan used the Windows Disk Scan program. I then decided to turn off the ASCU Disk Scan option in Care and just use the Windows Disk Scan program which by the way allows you to select a logical drive to scan. (see below for suggestion) This has the advantage of not always having to reboot in order to due a Disk Scan depending on which logical drive you are scanning. If I wanted to I could schedule the Windows Disk Scan of the "C" drive using the the Windows Task Scheduler but I haven't gotten around to that yet.

Bottom line is. I don't know if there is a bug in the ASC w AV 2013 and ASCU b1 Disk Scan feature in Care that caused the problems or not. My gut is that it did not but there were actually problems with W8-RP and W7-SP1 and/or the HDD that conflicted with the Windows Disk Scan program that resulted in the systems becoming unusable.

Disk Doctor in the Toolbox appears to be a either a different version of the Windows Disk Scan or an IObit program because it allows a scan of the "C" drive without requiring a reboot and runs a lot quicker than the Windows Disk Scan.

It would be nice to add a new feature to the Toolbox where you can actually run a Windows Disk Scan on selected logical drives. That way you could run a Windows Disk scan of logical drives that would not require a reboot including external drives.

Buddahfan, you can do a Disk Scan of a selected drive in your PC with Disk Doctor of Toolbox which is the same of disk scan in the embedded scan/repair function of ASC.

If there are errors that needs an offline disk repair in the system disk, Disk Doctor does exactly the same and repair is done on the next reboot.

Both are nothing different than, first chkdsk and if needed, then chkdsk /F

Cheers.

Full Scan

Last Friday I upgraded the Sempron 140 single core CPU that was on one of my Dell 570MT computers.

Before the upgrade I was reluctant regulary run a Full Scan in ASCU b1 while I was simultaneiously surfing the Net. I had previously tried it with the Sempron 140 single core CPU and processor usage precentage was way too high for the entire scan slowing down my surfing something terrible.

After last Friday's upgade of the computer that had the Sempron 140 single core CPU to an Athlon ii x2 250 dual core I decided to give it a whirl and see if I could run a ASCU b1 Full Scan while simultaneously surfing the Net without any slow down in my surfing. I am happy to report that there was no noticeable slowdown in surfing the Net or in the Scan during the Full Scan. In fact the scan time was now faster even with a dozen tabs open in Firefox than it had been with the Sempron 140 single core without Firefox open.

Hardware Configuration:

Athlon II x2 250 dual core CPU - This was the only hardware item changed. Everything else was in place when the computer had the Sempron 140 single core.

RAM 8GB DDR3

ATI PCI Expess 4xxx graphics card with .5GB RAM

---------------------

Pertinent Software - Updated over time.

ASCU b1

avast! AIS 7

SAS Pro 5.x

IMF Pro 1.6

Windows 7-SP1 x64

Firefox 17.0 b3 with about two dozen extension and another half dozen plug-ins.

Buddahfan, you can do a Disk Scan of a selected drive in your PC with Disk Doctor of Toolbox which is the same of disk scan in the embedded scan/repair function of ASC.

If there are errors that needs an offline disk repair in the system disk, Disk Doctor does exactly the same and repair is done on the next reboot.

Both are nothing different than, first chkdsk and if needed, then chkdsk /F

Cheers.

I don't believe so. Disk Doctor scan was way too fast to be the same. It took about 10 seconds tops for the "C" drive without requiring a reboot whereas a normal Windows Disk Scan of Drive "C" always requires a reboot and takes at least 5 - 10 minutes on the same computer. It can not be the same program. It might use one feature of the Windows Disk Scan but it certainly doesn't use all of them that it for sure.

Windows Disk Scan goes through several steps. The first scan it does is very quick like the one in Disk Doctor. However, even if Wiindows Disk Scan does not find any errors in that first step it auto proceeds on to do a far more thorough Scan including disk sectors etc. There is no way that Disk Doctor can be doing that in about 10 seconds. Therefore, it can not be the same program in its entirety.

The first quick section scanned with Windows Disk Scan can come up clean yet the subsequent scanning in Windows Disk Scan can find errors and fix them.

When Care---->Disk Scan tells you that you need to run a Disk Scan and you reboot which is required just like in Windows but not in Disk Doctor that scan takes a lot longer than 10 seconds and time wise is very similar to what it takes to run Disk Scan of your "C" drive when you start it through Windows Explorer.

No way Disk Doctor can be performing a Disk Scan identicle to the the Windows Disk Scan.

Believe it or not!!!!!!!!!!

I don't believe so.

It can not be the same program. It might use one feature of the Windows Disk Scan but it certainly doesn't use all of them that it for sure.

There is no way that Disk Doctor can be doing that in about 10 seconds. Therefore, it can not be the same program in its entirety.

No way Disk Doctor can be performing a Disk Scan identicle to the the Windows Disk Scan.

Hi Buddahfan,

Believe it or not, they are nearly the same using the plain (read-only) chkdsk command without any switch (parameters) except the GUI in Disk Doctor. :lol:

You were not believing so much that it made me to go through all those again in doubt.

HERE you go, I have done that for you in an XP Pro xp3 on a single CPU laptop with 120 GB disk 38.5 GB full.

They have taken exactly the same time, give and take 10 seconds, of 5 minutes each analysing and reporting the result, Disk Doctor analysis following just after ASC Disk scan has finished and then Windows Command Prompt chkdsk.

Sorry, but there must be something wrong with the Disk Doctor you have, finishing in 10 secs and Disk Scan of ASC and Windows chkdsk taking more time.

BTW, you can see that not everytime you run Disk Scan of ASC, Windows has to restart to finish checkdisk if there is no error which should be repaired offline. Right?

Same time of about 5 minutes for Run.. => cmd => command prompt => chkdsk of Windows.

Also it is check disk with native Windows too. Disk scan was in W 98.

All the best and cheers.

P.S. Nothing to do with the subject, but if you do not repair the PC with ASC for quite a while, the smart scan in simplified mode does all the 12 analyses. Please note the Simlified Mode at the top of the GUI.

Hi m1mi.dan0s,

Thanks for the update (edit) of your post.

I do use W8 Pro x32, so it may not be the same in W8 x64.

Do you still need the programs that I use in my W8 x32?

Cheers.

No, I guess not. I'm basically wondering if there's any difference between ASC6 and ASCUltimate besides the security (virus, malware, etc.) bit. If ASC6 creates such a disaster in my win8 Pro x64 install when scanning for fixes, will ASCUltimate do the same or not?

Hi m1midan

Please check your settings and configure them to what you want the program to achieve. Please do so before you make use of automatic functions

Cheers

solbjerg

I had configured it just fine. Since it was a clean install of W8 and I assumed he'd do a good job (iobit has never let me down, till now - kind of) I just turned everything on including a full privacy sweep, deep scan, smartdefrag, etc. The whole SJIBANG!

To clarify, ASC6 did not crash my Win8 install (i could reboot just fine.) it just wouldn't let me start up the only application I had installed on my HTPC, which is XBMC.