IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Send Your Feedback for Advanced SystemCare Ultimate BETA

itobe

Just a few questions to clarify the matter if you don't mind.:-)

I am curious how long you waited before killing the process? And also at the time were you running any other applications... if so what were they? Also how many times have you run the non-beta version (approximately) and how long has it been installed? Had you ever run firefox on the machine, and if so how long ago did you remove it.

If it happens again, will you please save the bug report so that it can be submitted for analysis.:smile:

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

I waited about... hummm... 45 seconds to possibly 2 minutes, I actually went to pee, and came back in the room to see the screen with that on it. So, not long. Running other applications, yes, but none that have not run beside it all along. Microsoft Security Essentials, Pidgin, Alienware Controls, Winamp agent, DisplayFusion. I don't run the non-beta version, I did run ASC5 before this, but I uninstalled it when I purchased this product. The beta version has been installed for months, I can't keep track, honestly, long enough that it feels cozy and comfortable. I did have firefox on this machine, I uninstalled it, about 2 months ago. Where does it save the bug reports, perhaps I can salvage it out of logs?

Looks closer.. hey, this doesn't say BETA anymore. Weird, did it automatically update itself out of BETA mode? I swear, I did not leave BETA intentionally. I have absolutely *NO IDEA* when this occurred, nor do I have any clue how many times I have run it out of BETA, since I thought I was still ON BETA.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello again Phaewryn.

Is it possible that MSE was running a scan this time instead of being in the background? The heaviness of a MSE scan could cause another software (especially another scanning software to appear to hang)(you may wish to wait a bit longer before the end process if this is the case). Did you run only the built in uninstaller when you removed firefox... or did you use another tool to remove any remnants? (you may have some firefox fragments on your machine). I am not sure where the bug report is located (I've never generated one). Unless you pressed the bug report button, I don't think it was generated. I'm sure it is a text file though if you want to look and probably contains the character set ASC... enter ASC and .txt into your Win search box and see what is returned if you are curious.

The non-beta was released on Nov. 13th... I suspect you upgraded during an update.

As this would have been an over the top installation of the non-beta... you may consider performing a clean install of the non-beta if the issue re-occurs.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi Phaewryn

I think that maybe because you had Firefox on your machine previously, that even though you uninstalled it, it did leave remnants, such as cookies which were installed by ff. It probably hung, because when it found the FF cookies it could not find any associations as ff was gone.

I think if you follow Melvins advice all should be fine.

Is it possible that MSE was running a scan this time instead of being in the background? The heaviness of a MSE scan could cause another software (especially another scanning software to appear to hang)(you may wish to wait a bit longer before the end process if this is the case). Did you run only the built in uninstaller when you removed firefox... or did you use another tool to remove any remnants? (you may have some firefox fragments on your machine). I am not sure where the bug report is located (I've never generated one). Unless you pressed the bug report button, I don't think it was generated. I'm sure it is a text file though if you want to look and probably contains the character set ASC... enter ASC and .txt into your Win search box and see what is returned if you are curious.

The non-beta was released on Nov. 13th... I suspect you upgraded during an update.

As this would have been an over the top installation of the non-beta... you may consider performing a clean install of the non-beta if the issue re-occurs.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

MSE was not running any scans, I was doing my just before bed clean-up, I never initiate shutting down (bedtime) while scans are in progress. I couldn't click the bug report button, the program was completely locked up, so I guess that would be impossible. I had to use task manager to kill ASC completely then restart it, nothing was clickable. I probably do have FF remnants, which is why I removed it, I hate bloatware, and it seems FF is almost as bad as AVG these days for loading your system down with pointless bloat and hidden scat. Ha! I turned off windows Search (resource hog that it is), so I can't do that.

Ah, probably, that is what happened, I have it set to auto-update, so it must have just done that "for me". Which is fine, I suppose. I will do a clean install if any further issues arise.

• 3 months later...

I'm trying to "Rate" SC Ultimate but the link is dead...

I've been very pleased with ASC 6 Ultimate so I clicked on "Rate ASC 6" in order to give it a 5 star rating. The link is dead. Perusing the Iobit website, I see nowhere where I can add my rating. I even googled it, hoping it might be moved somewhere. Can't find it. Anyone know how to put in a good word for this program? Thanks.

One Big Suggestion for IObit and Cicely!

It has been well documented that I am a huge fan of such a marvelous software in IObit ASC Ultimate6! There simply is no better! However,saying that,I do have a major suggestion for the developers...

ASC Ultimate6 really would knock the socks off any competition by the inclusion of a GOOD Process Manager (like Pro Lasso,Free from Major Geeks) which I use extensively. LOOK AT MY profile and you will see the stuff most of the members use here plus my setup.

You can't tell I am looking for a FREE license can you? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

All else aside,a Process Manager would fit as nicely as a glove on a hand... :grin:

PS Take a look at the Freeware version of Pro Lasso as the only major difference is in program updates about four times a month and you will get an idea of the many capabilities of Pro Lasso Pro (I have a lifetime license+2 one year licenses that I haven't yet used (hint,hint). :lol:

-Cowboy

• 4 months later...

Hi dv8cowboy,

As enoskype said, there is Process Manager in Tool Box of ASC and ASC U. Have you noticed it?

enoskype, dv8cowboy, cheers and bottoms up.:-D Your guys are always active in our forum. :wink:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thank you.

I found it a bit confusing in that Itobe said......

Advanced SystemCare Ultimate will be available soon...

Whereas it seems that it should have read....

Advanced SystemCare Ultimate BETA will be available soon...

The beta version is the official version of bedding, but also to the official release there will be a lot of things, there's no telling, I used to use a software, it passes through more than 2000 test version, just across the 6 version directly released the official version.