IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Send Your Feedback for Advanced SystemCare Ultimate BETA

itobe

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reluctant download...

In order for me to address posts about ASC/U correctly, I reluctantly downloaded the beta (which I thought was free)... this is what I got:http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10567&d=1349920297

I thought I might test and report a bit... guess not:-(!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

P.S. This is after it uninstalled my ASC5 PRO that I actually paid for last December! (I gave it permission assuming it would function).

In addition...

I tried to Copy/Paste my paid pro license into the beta just to see what would happen...

Here it is:

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10568&d=1349921208

I guess the Iobit betas are not open for testing anymore unless you pay? Now I have to uninstall this nonsense and reinstall my paid version5 pro!:-x

The only logical conclusion is that if you have a paid PRO ASC license, you cannot beta test. Surely this is a fault?

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

very small number off testers

Hi all,

Just popped over to Majorgeeks and had a look at the number of downloads.

2060, (11-10-12).

Going on the posts here id bet there only about 1/2 of them were actually activated at the most.

I would have thought Iobit would like a few more testers than that.

ASC/AV license is valid for this product

Roy

Hi Roy!

Thank you for your input!;-)

ASC/AV license is valid for this product

I have not been running ASC/AV, but Cicely has been kind enough to provide me a license so that I can help test and advise concerning Ultimate.:grin:

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

just some info

I already have ASC antivirus 2013 with a key. If I download and install ASC Ultimate will my key be deleted if I go roll back to the old version? Will this program be considered as an upgrade to ASC antivirus or a new program? Am a bit frustrated since I just bought the licence 2 months ago.

I already have ASC antivirus 2013 with a key. If I download and install ASC Ultimate will my key be deleted if I go roll back to the old version? Will this program be considered as an upgrade to ASC antivirus or a new program? Am a bit frustrated since I just bought the licence 2 months ago.

I was able to install ASCU Beta over ASC w AV and ASCU accepted my license but the install became corrupted as a result of installing ASCU Beta over ASC w AV.

Installing ASCU Beta on a computer with ASC w AV will not remove ASC w AV and all the ASC w AV directories and/or files.

My suggestion is to first uninstall ASC Pro or ASC w AV depending on which program you are using. Clean up all your directories that may remain for ASC Pro (any version) and/or ASC w AV. Then do a clean install of ASCU Beta and enter you license code for ASC w AV if it needs it to be manually entered into ASCU after uninstalling ASC w AV or ASC Pro.

A okay

Thanks... did what you wrote and my key is valid.. glad! Notice that Microsoft Defender is still working so I guess this is normal even if IOrbit Malware Fighter is included here. Did my previous configurations and everything seems ok except that I had to do 2 saves to do this. Some screens in the sub-menues dont erase.

I was able to install ASCU Beta over ASC w AV and ASCU accepted my license but the install became corrupted as a result of installing ASCU Beta over ASC w AV.

Installing ASCU Beta on a computer with ASC w AV will not remove ASC w AV and all the ASC w AV directories and/or files.

My suggestion is to first uninstall ASC Pro or ASC w AV depending on which program you are using. Clean up all your directories that may remain for ASC Pro (any version) and/or ASC w AV. Then do a clean install of ASCU Beta and enter you license code for ASC w AV if it needs it to be manually entered into ASCU after uninstalling ASC w AV or ASC Pro.

Thanks... did what you wrote and my key is valid.. glad! Notice that Microsoft Defender is still working so I guess this is normal even if IOrbit Malware Fighter is included here. Did my previous configurations and everything seems ok except that I had to do 2 saves to do this. Some screens in the sub-menues dont erase.

If you sense your computer system is dragging and would like to speed it up a bit you can disable Windows Defender by going into Local Services and disabling Windows Defender.

I am not suggesting that you disable Windows Defender so please don't take it that way. I am just saying if you would like your system to perform a little better you can do so by disabling Windows Defender. Leaving it enabled will not make your system less secure and could make it more secure.

When I was running W7-SP1 with only 2GB of RAM I disabled Windows Defender and it helped the computer's performance. Now that I have 8GB of RAM a PCI Express Graphics Card with .5GM RAM and am also using Windows "ReadyBoost" I have Windows Defender eanbled.

I just ran a complete Scan and ASCU identified once piece of Malware. I moved it to Quarantine. I researached the Malware and decided it was safe to delete from Quarantine. I deleted it or so I thought. Quarantine showed empty.

I did a follow-up scan with avast! AIS 7 on that directory about 10 seconds after deleting? it in ASCU. avast! AIS 7 found that same Malware and I asked it be moved to Quarantine. avast! said it could not move it becasue the file was in use by another process. I ended that process and avast! was able to move it to Quarantine from where I deleted it.

I then rescanned the directory in question with ASCU and avast! along with Malwarebytes. The directory came up clean.

Now it could be that what avast! found was just a trace of the Malware which ASCU left. This gets into an area outside my pay grade.:-)

What type of Malware was it?

Was it something like Adware or something more serious like a Trojan?

Could there have been a second copy of it somewhere?

I've read that some Malware make mutiple copies of their-self.

I think it was a Trojan. It could have made a second copy or a trace. Just to be safe I just deleted all traces on that logical drive using Revo Uninstaller (Sorry I am more comfortable using that program for deleting traces)

The other questions are

1. Is ASCU able to quarantine something avast! can't because the file is in use by a process and avast! can't quarantine malware in use by a process?

2. or Did ASCU give a false delete message?

3. or Did the file recreate itself after I deleted it while it was in ASCU Quarantine because the file was attached to a running process?

4. Was what avast! found a trace remnant that the ASCU quarantine process left in place at the Malware's original location?

Here is the log file

[FullScan2012101506]

DateTime=2012-10-15 13:53:03

10/15/2012 6:55:39 AM: Q:\Program files (X86)\Downloads\eMule\Temp\015.part|DelFileAndBackReboot=Exploit.QTime.A

It appears that this Trojan was first discovered in Jan 2010 and was fairly active at least through Dec 2011. Its progated through video files which is consistent with what I was downloading at the time in eMule. After the part of the file in question was Quarantined and deleted all the othe downloaded parts of the file that contained the Trojan appear to have been deleted.

From Avira - It looks pretty nasty

I am not overly concerned about it at this point since avast! found it and I know it scans all downloaded files once they are complete. I am just surprised that the trojan got into the temp directory and was not identified during the download and automatically blocked or quarantined.

ASC Beta 1.0

The beta version is available on MajorGeeks and it is one of the best anti-virus and system cleaners available online. I have been using avast professional for years and all avast does is use a lot of system resources. Downloaded the asc Ultimate and found 2 viruses and 6 malware problems that avast did not find. Keep up the good work Iobit team :-D

The beta version is available on MajorGeeks and it is one of the best anti-virus and system cleaners available online. I have been using avast professional for years and all avast does is use a lot of system resources. Downloaded the asc Ultimate and found 2 viruses and 6 malware problems that avast did not find. Keep up the good work Iobit team :-D

Actually I have been using avast! AIS for a few years and have never found it a drain on my computers' resources. I run both avast! AIS 7 and now ASCU Beta 1 together on three computers and none of three are showing a drain on resources due to either product.

Then again we all have different computers and differernt software on them, so are experience may vary.

As far as virus identification and blocking ASCU uses the Bitdefender engine and Bitdefender has been shown to do better than avast! in comparative AV studies. Having said that since my computers have no Malware problems that I know of and believe me I more than double check, I will stay with my current setup.

I think both products are very good and that is why I use them. The fact that they work together without any problem including resouces drain is just a big plus:-)

Microsoft had two updates yesterday for W7-SP1 x64. Sometimes this happens where some non-critical updates will miss the monthly patch Tuesday update downloads. Anyway here is the point.

I discovered them when I did a scan with ASCU. They showed up under Care--->Vulnerability Fix. On the two W7-SP1 x64 computers that I ran a Care scan on last night ASCU processed them and they were installed.

However, these updates required a Restart to configure and ASCU did not tell me after it installed the Windows updates through Vulnerability Fix that my computer required a restart to configure the Windows updates.

A lot of Windows updates do not require a Restart but enough do that it makes no sense to use the Vulnerability Fix feature in Care to apply the update if it doesn't tell you that Windows requires a Restart after Vulnerability Fix has completed the install of the update/s.

It would be okay to scan for a update that needs to be applied using Vulnerability Fix. Once found it is best then to use the Windows Control Panel to process the update and not Vulernability Fix.

Has anyone here ever had ASCU indicate that a Windows update applied through Care--->Vulnerability Fix requires a Windows Restart?

The malware addition to this makes it better... leaving a person with one program instead of 2.. But maybe making it a little more compact (less spacy and not 100+ MB) would help. Also, I'd like to be able to customize my colors for ASC and stuff... thereby making it how I'd like it (or someone else would). In the scans... I'd like to know which parts are done and what the problems are like in ASC 6

1. Is ASCU able to quarantine something avast! can't because the file is in use by a process and avast! can't quarantine malware in use by a process?

2. or Did ASCU give a false delete message?

3. or Did the file recreate itself after I deleted it while it was in ASCU Quarantine because the file was attached to a running process?

4. Was what avast! found a trace remnant that the ASCU quarantine process left in place at the Malware's original location?

Hi Buddahfan,

When ASC U scan to a threat, ASC U will end the threat's process if there is any and then delete it. ASC U will not give false report. If ASC U can not delete it at that time, it will indicate that it will remove it after a system restart. In your case, it may be that you click restore rather than delete in the Quarantine folder.

Hi Buddahfan,

When ASC U scan to a threat, ASC U will end the threat's process if there is any and then delete it. ASC U will not give false report. If ASC U can not delete it at that time, it will indicate that it will remove it after a system restart. In your case, it may be that you click restore rather than delete in the Quarantine folder.

Thanks

That was also during the period when I had a corrupt install which may have prevented the process from being temininated etc

8:)Hi, Have just downloaded to Ultimate ex Major Geeks. I took approx 75 minutes to get the download off this site, had three notices that download site not available. However, my anti virus etc has now started up again (lost it when I upgraded to Version 6??

Look forward to seeing how the system works.

Regards

Baaza