IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

SysExplorer log

pepsi

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi pepsi... welcome to the Iobit forums!

I have viewed your sysexplorer log and can find nothing but a cluttered and confused system... it is premature to suggest rootkits!!!!!!

First you should update the details in your user Control Panel (CP) [here] be specifiic and detailed... so that we can better help.

Then run the privacy sweep and junk files clean functions from your Iobit toolbox with everything checked. Then run Ccleaner free here. Then please describe/elaborate on the issue further.

If you wish to follow the Guidelines for Requesting Malware removal assistance as suggested by Solbjerg and Scannan... you are welcome to do so (I have to admit that I am running blind without the logs).

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Mel.

As always your advice is spot on and I trust that Pepsi will follow it.

I was concerned regarding the entry..

"The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: AFS"

Particularly as it happened more than once. I would also have suggested running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, but it was my understanding that if an infection was suspected that it would be dealt with by the Malware fighters.

I am sure that once your suggestions are followed that there will be a much clearer picture of the issues.

I'm Back

Live long and prosper!

Okay everything you asked for is done, except the CP Panel. I’m not sure where the user Control Panel (CP) is but I tried to explain everything. My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium. The CPU seems really sluggish and when I turn it own it takes a long time to load. I also found 600+ cloned files and empty files I have deleted the empty files but they keep coming back. As for the cloned files I have no idea what to do with them. I do think I have way to much protection programs downloaded so if someone can advise me on that I’d appreciate it. I’ve followed instructions as to running the privacy sweep and junk file clean functions I’ve enclosed a new SysExplorer log. Thanks for everyone’s help.

Please let me know if you need any other logs.

Caution Required

Hi Pepsi.

Firstly, the User CP is at the top of the page on the left.

With regard to the Cloned Files...please exercise caution as you must look at each file and ensure that it is something that is no longer required, before you delete it. You will probably also see many duplicated files, and the same applies to look at each one on the list to be sure it is not required.

This may seem like a lot of effort, with so many files, but once you have done it once it will be a much easier task in the future. The first time is like a spring clean.

Please also run the Start Up Manager in the ASC toolbox and see how many items are there. Your slow loading on startup may be due to a lot of programs being assigned to start at pc switch on.

Do you have Smart Defrag 2 installed om your pc.?

Please list all the protection programs you are running in your next post.

Do not worry, your pc will be running fine in no time.

Here we go again

Yes , I have smart defrag2. list of protection programs : Smart Defrag 2RegCure Pro, PC Scan & Repair by Reimage, ParetoLogic Privacy Controls,Malwarebytes Anti-Malware,IObit MalwareFighter, Driver Dectective,Advanced SystemCare with with Antivirus 2013. The Startup menu shows only Realtek Audio Man

Thanks again

Hi Pepsi,

I understand that this is frustrating for you, but I am sure that we will get to the bottom of it. Sadly there are no magic bullets for solving these problems.

I find it strange that you only have one item in your startup manager. I know that Malwarebytes starts on boot up by default, so I can only assume that you have removed all other programs from your start up menu.

Yes you do have a lot of "Protection software" but it is not excessive, and unless you are experiencing conflicts between the different programs, I cannot see that they would cause what you say is a long boot time and high CPU usage.

Please could you open the task manager when you boot your pc ( to do this press ctrl-shift-escape together). Select Processes at the top of the window. This will show how many processes are running on your pc. It will also show CPU usage and memory usage. If you click twice on the heading "CPU" (at the top of the window) it will show your CPU usage with the highest user at the top of the list. Please note which item(s) is causing the highest usage. Also state how many processes are running.

If you could attach a screen shot of the Task Manager it would assist greatly.

What did you do regarding all the cloned files you discovered??

Hopefully we will be able to resolve your issue soon. So hang in there,

Screen Shot

Click the window you want to capture. Press Alt+Print Screen by holding down the Alt key and then pressing the Print Screen key. The Print Screen key is near the upper-right corner of your keyboard. (Depending on the type of keyboard you have, the exact key names on your keyboard may vary slightly.)

Click Start, click Accessories, and then click Paint.

In the Paint window, click Edit, and then click Paste.

When the image appears in the Paint window, click File, and then click Save As.

In the Save As dialog box, in the File name box, type a name for the screen shot, and then click Save.

You can now attach the saved screen shot just like you would any other picture.

Also you shoud read the FORUM USAGE GUIDELINES - Read this first thread in General Forums.

Hi Pepsi... glad you came back.

I have just checked in.

The cloned files finder in the Iobit toolbox is hazardous if you don't understand it... from your post:

As for the cloned files I have no idea what to do with them
... from your other post:
I've deleted some of the cloned files I was sure of
I gave no advisement concerning the cloned files finder and I hope you have not deleted a bunch of files and damaged your system! If so you can still recover them if this is the case if you respond now and do no more changes... certainly don't reboot!!!

My advisement was only for using the Privacy Sweep function!!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Also Greenshot is opensource free clean software for screenshots... it is simple to use (make sure to save the images to a easily accesable file). It can be a bit frustrating to learn but is opensource, clean, and free! The actual download link is here.

I looked at the pic of the open Task Manager.

DWM.exe can really use a lot of CPU and Memory significantly slowing down your system. As I recall it is a Windows Aero related file. Its usage tends to be low when you first boot but as you open more and more pages especially Windows Explorer DWM.exe really slows down your system. In my experience closing the Windows Explorer pages does not reduce the amount of Memory that DWM.exe is using or at least not very much.

I was running W7-SP1 on a Asus Netbook with an Atom processor and 2GB of RAM. The DWM.exe problem was one of the main reasons I replaced W7-SP1 with Ubuntu on my Netbook.

I am sure there is a way to reduce its usage but I am not familiar with how to do it.

Also. Some advice

1. Never delete a cloned file unless you research that file and know exactly what programs it is used by. Obviously if it is a cloned txt, jpg pdf etc file than chances of a deletion of the cloned file hurting your system are pretty low. However, you may want a cloned copy of that file. So again deleting of cloned files should only be done a one by one basis and only after knowing what programs use it.

2. Also as an aside. I suggest not deleting empty application folders unless the app has been uninstalled on your system.

Hi Pepsi,

Thank you for the pic of the Task Manager. However, as you can see there are not many processes shown, but it states that there are 41 processes. If you click on the "show processes from all users" tab on the bottom of the Task Manager, it will show you all the processes running. Again if you click twice on the CPU heading it will list them with the higest user first in the list. With all the processes showing you will be able to see if any process is using excessive CPU and or Memory.

I am beginning to think that the occasions of excessive CPU usage may be due to scanning by one pr more of your protection programs, but that is a guess, as we would need to know which process is eating up the CPU when there is excessive usage. You will be able to see that now in the Task Manager with all processes showing. Please monitor and let us know if you see the offending process.

Also, if you could do an ASC Deep Clean of Junk Files, Privacy Sweep, and shortcuts. I know you have already done a clean, but the deep clean does a more thorough job. Let us know if there is any change.

Hi pepsi.

Viewabale and editable screenshots are easily generated using the Greenshot opensource software I linked to at the end of post #15 of this thread. :grin:

Here it is again:

Also Greenshot is opensource free clean software for screenshots... it is simple to use (make sure to save the images to a easily accesable file). It can be a bit frustrating to learn but is opensource, clean, and free! The actual download link is here.
Note: that by clicking the last link ... you will begin downloading the software.;-)

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Archived