IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

SysExplorer log

pepsi

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, that list appears to be only a small portion of the services and processes Running?

that window is expandable, to make it longer,

(and wider would be better, to display more of the text)

(Make it as Large as you can)

but you may need to Scroll-down and save Again, to display them All. :-?

Pepsi

Toppack is correct. I think from looking at your Screen shot that you have an awful lot of processes running and if that is so you will have to make a lot of screenshots in order to show the whole list.

I suggest you go to the ASC toolbox and select and run the Process Manager.

In the process Manager you can select Services, and on each service you can select,,,Show Details. This will give you an explanation of each service. You can then just take screen Shots of the ones you do not understand or are unsure about.

I just noticed that list is Services Only, Not Processes, that are running.

You probably need to look at the Processes page First.

Since most of those are installed by 3rd party software,

and Not by Windows.

I prefer to use a program called 'Security-Task-Manager', instead of Windows Task-Manager,

since with STM you have more control over what is dislpayed and what to do with unwanted stuff.

It can be downloaded free.

Pepsi

Yes that pic is good quality, but it only shows 20 Processes, whereas there are 48 Processes running. As I explained previously, if you click on the "show processes from all users" tab at the bottom of the task manager window, it will display all the processes which are running.

This is my Processes page.Is this better

You probably need to look at the Processes page First.

Yes this is better... as we can enlarge it now. Please follow Scannan's advisement showing all processes... I already see system slowing clutter... as I originally posted.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Pepsi,

Yes that is fine. However, as you can see it your screenshot shows only a portion of the process, and we cannot scroll down through the list, on your static picture.

So, you need to send screenshots of the rest of the list, so we can see all the processes.

Last five

:lol::grin:

Pepsi

Thank you. Almost there. Now you need just one more screenshot, to show the remainder of the processes. So please scroll to the end of the list and send the final screenshot of the remaining processes.

The last 5 are what we need. Thanks for being so patient with me.

Pepsi

Thank you. We are glad to help. At this point I would prefer to wait until Melvin has looked at your logs. He has already mentioned having noted system cluttering items, and I would defer to his expertise and knowledge on this matter. Otherwise there is a risk of conflicting/multiple recommendations, which would become confusing for you.

I do not see any major problems except that you have Many processes running, that are probably being loaded at boot-up.

Those running in background will slow the computer.

Some very noticable are the Apple iTunes related drivers, such as Bonjour-service and iPod-service.

I do not know if those can be loaded 'only when needed' and not at boot-up,

but that would help if you can.

(Those drivers try to convert your computer into an Apple iPod) :wink:

Have a look at blackviper, he's produced 3 different sets of what you need/want when running various windows OS's.

To Do What, exactly? :?:

I found his website, and he has Great Information about Windows-services, but I could Not find anything related to Pepsi's question,

which is slow-down caused by 3rd-party Processes running, not to Windows Services ?

Apple/ipod

Hi Toppack,

apple, bonjour, Ipod etc can all be set to manual, adobe AND Iobit products.

There are many more that do not need to be set to Automatic.

He's putting forward these options so that your boot up time can be reduced,

and at the same time not running unnecessary services until you need them,

But not compromising your system

They all appear in Controlpanel>AdminTools>Services Windows AND third party

The point is it gives you a guide if you dont use it set to Manual

Roy

Thanks for the Info and clarification.

apple, bonjour, Ipod etc can all be set to Manual, Also adobe AND Iobit products

There are many more that do not need to be set to Automatic load

That's good to know and I think that's what Pepsi needs to do. 8-)

And everyone else out-there that are Over-Loading their computers,

need to do that Also, since that is probably the most common cause of 'Slow-Computer'. :lol:

Pepsi

Good for you. Well done. As you can judge from the posts, it was something that was best being done by yourself, as every machine is different.

The System Idle time is just perfect. The higher that it is the better. Just for your peace of mind I will explain.... the system idle time is the exact opposite of the processes, in that the processes use up CPU capacity and the System Idle Time is the amount of capacity available. So, when nothing is running the CPU has 100% capacity available. As each process operates it uses some of that capacity. So if a process uses 10% of the CPU capacity, then the idle time will be 90% (100% - 10% = 90%). Therefore the more processes that run the more of the CPU capacity is used and the Idle Time (available capacity) reduces, which leaves less CPU capacity available for other work, and so your machine slows down because tasks have to queue and wait for the CPU to deal with them.

I hope this helps and again, well done

Note: You must still be very careful of which processes you stop,as some of them have to be running or your machine will crash. You can only stop Processes/programs that you are absolutely sure are unnecessary for system function.

Hi pepsi

If you have IObit Uninstaller installed you could try investigating if there are any toolbars that you do not want listed there.

Y sounds like it may be Yahoo (toolbar)

Cheers

solbjerg

On the bottom of my screen above the task bar I randomly get a Y!.Axis bar. It's not listed in my control panel. Is there anyway to stop this. It's driving me crazy.

Archived