IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

new version, always the same error

Victor2k

Questions to anyone:

1. If you uninstall a program that has firewall settings, will those settings just go away or will they remain?

2. If you are using a proxy what impact does it have on your firewall settings and can a change in proxy servers even by the same company create new settings and leave the old settings in your firewall?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Buddahfan

I believe that the settings are in the Firewall rather than in a program you install, even though some programs ask to establish a firewall exception when you install them, but this setting is made in the firewall. So, I think that even if you install a program that the settings will remain in the firewall.

If you have allowed certain programs through the firewall, those settings will be lost for all network locations, not just the location of the network that you are currently connected to, and the programs you allowed will now be blocked by the firewall.

If you install, uninstall, or re-install a program when you are connected to different networks, several instances of that program can appear on the Exceptions tab. This is because if each network that you connect to has a different network location, you must create an exception for each category. For example, you might create an exception while you are connected to a "Public place" network, and then, later, you might connect to a "Home or work" network and create that exception again.

This can also happen when Group Policy is applied.

Hope this helps.

Download the new version of Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6.0.7.274 from major geeks (official site) unfortunately error keeps the test made on 5 pcs under proxy in a lan and with conditions already described in the previous post

Baje la nueva version de Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6.0.7.274 de major geeks ( sitio oficial ) lamentablemente el error continua la prueba la realice en 5 pcs bajo proxy en una lan y con las condiciones que ya describi en el post anterior

Hi Buddahfan

I believe that the settings are in the Firewall rather than in a program you install, even though some programs ask to establish a firewall exception when you install them, but this setting is made in the firewall. So, I think that even if you install a program that the settings will remain in the firewall.

If you have allowed certain programs through the firewall, those settings will be lost for all network locations, not just the location of the network that you are currently connected to, and the programs you allowed will now be blocked by the firewall.

If you install, uninstall, or re-install a program when you are connected to different networks, several instances of that program can appear on the Exceptions tab. This is because if each network that you connect to has a different network location, you must create an exception for each category. For example, you might create an exception while you are connected to a "Public place" network, and then, later, you might connect to a "Home or work" network and create that exception again.

This can also happen when Group Policy is applied.

Hope this helps.

Therefore could it happen if a progam uses only a specific port for say updates and that port has already been used by another program past or present than the program that connects to the Net through a specific port only for updates could be blocked when it attempts to update?

Therefore could it happen if a progam uses only a specific port for say updates and that port has already been used by another program past or present than the program that connects to the Net through a specific port only for updates could be blocked when it attempts to update?

If the program use only one port would be an incredible error

Victor2k

I am sorry, but I cannot understand your last post. I know you are frustrated by your problem, but in order for us to help we need to be able to understan your feedback. It needs to be more specific and clear.

Buddahfan

You are absolutely correct. If the specific port is in use already by a program, another program is prevented from using that same port.

This may well be the issue for Victor2K, but he assures us that his internet protocols are not the issue.

If you use Task Manager, you can match the process ID that is listed to a process name (program). This feature enables you to find the specific port that a program currently uses

To match the process ID to a program

Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE, and then click Task Manager.

Click the Processes tab.

If you do not have a PID column, click View, click Select Columns, and then click to select the PID (Process Identifier) check box.

Click the column header that is labeled "PID" to sort the process by their PIDs. You should be able to easily find the process ID and match it to the program that is listed in Task Manager.

It is a shame that you don't understand by it that is quite clear, the problem if the text in two languages I add images but I can't do

es una lastima que no entiendas por que esta bastante claro , el problema si al texto en dos idiomas le agrego imagenes mas no puedo hacer

Victor2k

I understand fully that it is a problem with language translation, and hopefully one of the other users will understand better what you are saying, regretfully I am unable to understand the point you are making.

have you checked to see if the Update is trying to access a port which is already in use by another program, or may be blocked by the firewall

Victor2k

I think we all agree that it cannot be the program whch has a fault, because you are the only user whohas this problem. This logically tells us that the problemlies somewhere in your system, such as settings/Firewall/Proxy.

I will ask Iobit if they can make any other suggestions.

I understand that you defend wing company, and I think that do not read all the discussion in other parts of the Forum I'm not the only one who has problems under proxy, I am perhaps the only one who is still trying to fix it, which I'm doubting in continue, given the little kind treatment that I receive from the moderators, put as an excuse the language is unacceptable, since the same program has its version in Spanish ,

pdta choices you give me already were carried out countless times like 5 months ago

I would like to end this discussion is very tiring to always answer the same thing and repeat that I did all the 'solutions' basic proposed, the program was tested on several pcs blame me to my by the error does not bring any solution, any program of lso I installed or install had this problem: I wish them good luck with future ls versions

Doy por finalizada esta discucion es muy agotador contestar siempre lo mismo y repetir que ya hice todas las " soluciones" basicas que proponen, el programa fue probado en varias pcs culparme a mi por el error no trae ninguna solucion, Ningun programa de lso que tengo instalados o instale tuvo este problema :Les deseo mucha suerte con ls futuras versiones

I think that do not read all the discussion in other parts of the Forum I'm not the only one who has problems under proxy, I am perhaps the only one who is still trying to fix it, which I'm doubting in continue, given the little kind

Hi Victor2k.:-)

If you can please post attention to the others who have problems with proxy... do so!:shock: Feel free to post the content or direct links within the Iobit forum to the "other parts of the forum" and those others "I'm not the only one who has problems under proxy"

The very extended work of the moderators and administrators here is apparent! As we are all volunteers here, working free of charge to help you try to solve your issue... maybe you could say thanks??

All your test machines are behind the same protections.

If you run ASC6 on a machine outside of this environment (like your own)... you will have no problems. So please don't have anger and certainly not smite.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

[bing translator]

Hola Victor2k.

Si por favor puede registrar atención a los demás que tienen problemas con proxy... hacerlo! No dude en enviar los enlaces de contenido o directamente en el foro de Iobit para las "otras partes del Foro" y aquellos "No soy la única persona que tiene problemas con proxy"

El trabajo muy extendido de los moderadores y administradores aquí es evidente! Como somos todos voluntarios aquí, trabajo de forma gratuita para ayudarle a tratar de resolver su problema... tal vez podría decir gracias???

Todas las máquinas de prueba están detrás de las mismas protecciones.

Si se ejecuta en una máquina fuera de este entorno (como tu) ASC6... no tendrás ningún problema. Así que por favor no se ira y ciertamente no herir.

Sinceramente,

-Mel

Larga vida y prosperar!

Victor2k

Iagree fully with Mel. We are all working very hard for you, and as I said previously I have asked for further assistance from Iobit and they assure me they will have their technical people study it further.

Also remember that we are not sitting in front of your machines, and so we rely on your feedback. As Mel said, we volunteer our time and efforts to assist you.

We are not magicians and as far as I can see we have covered every possibility, and yet nothing solves the problem.

All logic suggests that this problem is due to the specific set up of your machine and is not a fault in ASC.

Hopefully Iobit will have some other ideas. I have looked, and cannot find anyone else who has the same problem which you have.

Primero no dudo del trabajo de algunos miembros del foro y de la amabilidad manifiesta por ellos , jamas lo puse en duda y entiendo que el foro es para compartir ideas experiencias eso lo tengo muy claro

Por otro lado si obtengo respuestas como que yo invento el problema ,por lo cual subo capturas para que no duden que el problema es real , que solo pasa en mi maquina , cuando les digo que las probé en mas de 5 pcs , que el problema es el idioma y no se entiende lo que escribo, por lo cual cambie de traductor ( de google a Bing) y subo el texto en español e ingles

Cuando el soporte me pide en cada versión ,que suba el archivo Autoupdate.log y lo hago y como única respuesta obtenga que lo vuelva a subir

Si ustedes leen el titulo de este post es "nueva versión , el mismo error ", eso es por que el error se mantiene desde la version beta del programa y en la version con antivirus ( temas que tambien subi al foro y tampoco obtuvieron respuesta , salvo que suba el archivo autoupdate.log

Vuelvo a repetir mi eterno agradecimiento para los que tratan de colaborar en forma desinteresada para la solución del problema

Gracias por todo

First I have no doubt the work of some members of the Forum and the manifest kindness for them, never put it into question and understand that the Forum is to share ideas experiences that I have very clear it

On the other hand if I get answers like that I invented the problem, so I upload screenshots so that they feel that the problem is real, that happens only on my machine, when I tell you that I tried them at more than 5 pcs, the problem is the language and do not understand what I write, which do not change from translator (from google to Bing) and upload the text in Spanish and English

When holder asks me in each version, to rise the Autoupdate.log file and I do and as the only answer get to climb again it

If you read the title of this post is "new version, the same error", that is why the error is maintained from the beta version of the program and in the version with antivirus (topics that also went up to the Forum and also obtained response, unless you raise the autoupdate.log file)

I again repeat my eternal gratitude for those who try to collaborate in a disinterested way for the solution of the problem

Thank you for everything

Hi Victor

:-) Language is language and fun is fun

But it all gets so quiet when the goldfish die. :-)

(Goddag mand! Økseskaft - Danish story) (Alt+0248 = ø)

Tells a story about a man sitting in a tree sawing off a branch when two visitors arrive - they say "hello man" - and the man thinking that they are asking about what he needs the branch for replies "axe handle".

I have had trouble with the translating software and wonder why the Spanish ↔ English machine translators aren't better than they seem to be?

Cheers

solbjerg

Primero no dudo del trabajo de algunos miembros del foro y de la amabilidad manifiesta por ellos , jamas lo puse en duda y entiendo que el foro es para compartir ideas experiencias eso lo tengo muy claro

Por otro lado si obtengo respuestas como que yo invento el problema ,por lo cual subo capturas para que no duden que el problema es real , que solo pasa en mi maquina , cuando les digo que las probé en mas de 5 pcs , que el problema es el idioma y no se entiende lo que escribo, por lo cual cambie de traductor ( de google a Bing) y subo el texto en español e ingles

Cuando el soporte me pide en cada versión ,que suba el archivo Autoupdate.log y lo hago y como única respuesta obtenga que lo vuelva a subir

Si ustedes leen el titulo de este post es "nueva versión , el mismo error ", eso es por que el error se mantiene desde la version beta del programa y en la version con antivirus ( temas que tambien subi al foro y tampoco obtuvieron respuesta , salvo que suba el archivo autoupdate.log

Vuelvo a repetir mi eterno agradecimiento para los que tratan de colaborar en forma desinteresada para la solución del problema

Gracias por todo

First I have no doubt the work of some members of the Forum and the manifest kindness for them, never put it into question and understand that the Forum is to share ideas experiences that I have very clear it

On the other hand if I get answers like that I invented the problem, so I upload screenshots so that they feel that the problem is real, that happens only on my machine, when I tell you that I tried them at more than 5 pcs, the problem is the language and do not understand what I write, which do not change from translator (from google to Bing) and upload the text in Spanish and English

When holder asks me in each version, to rise the Autoupdate.log file and I do and as the only answer get to climb again it

If you read the title of this post is "new version, the same error", that is why the error is maintained from the beta version of the program and in the version with antivirus (topics that also went up to the Forum and also obtained response, unless you raise the autoupdate.log file)

I again repeat my eternal gratitude for those who try to collaborate in a disinterested way for the solution of the problem

Thank you for everything

Victor2k

I am sorry, but I cannot understand your last post. I know you are frustrated by your problem, but in order for us to help we need to be able to understan your feedback. It needs to be more specific and clear.

Buddahfan

You are absolutely correct. If the specific port is in use already by a program, another program is prevented from using that same port.

This may well be the issue for Victor2K, but he assures us that his internet protocols are not the issue.

If you use Task Manager, you can match the process ID that is listed to a process name (program). This feature enables you to find the specific port that a program currently uses

To match the process ID to a program

Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE, and then click Task Manager.

Click the Processes tab.

If you do not have a PID column, click View, click Select Columns, and then click to select the PID (Process Identifier) check box.

Click the column header that is labeled "PID" to sort the process by their PIDs. You should be able to easily find the process ID and match it to the program that is listed in Task Manager.

Thanks I use System Explorer rather than Task Manager. I believe you can also use Process Explorer? from Microsoft which like System Explorer I believe shows more detail than Task Manager.

SZ Port Scan which you can download from Major Geeks shows port and hardware information. I haven't tired it yet so I don't know if it shows software information.

Freeware

SZ PortScan 1.37

Find all active devices on your network. Discover the ip address and available services for each network device. Run a speed test to check your internet connection speed.

Scan Ports

PortScan shows all open ports and additional information like host name, MAC address, HTTP, SMB, FTP, iSCSI, SMTP and SNMP services. Up to 100 threads are used for scaning large ip address ranges.

Search Devices

You can search for UPnP enabled devices, Bonjour services, Netgear router, Samsung printer and Freecom network devices. So you can find them even if you don't know the ip address.

Ping Devices

Ping any computer with 3 standard sized ping packets, with 3 different sizes, each 10 times or ping the computer continuously.

• 3 weeks later...

solbjerg Your translation is wrong

1º I'm trying to program update , in the new version ,6.0.8.289, the error keeps

2º Another strange thing is that if you update offline program continues to display that is outdated

3º After 5 months of waiting for an answer, I wish in the new year that starts people from IOBIT stop blaming its users and seek a response. From Argentina, Merry Christmas and happy new year for all

Hi Victor

feliz Navidad

feliz año nuevo

to you too :-)

Please correct wrong translations :-)

In the direct communication with IObit support (PM's) - did you there get an explanation that we volunteers doesn't know about?

We volunteers have all just tried to help you by offering suggestions for you to try. Seeing that as putting the blame on you is a misconception on your part. We just try to help - but are somewhat hampered by the machine translations I think,

Argentinian Spanish - is that closest to old Catalinian Spanish?

Anyway

feliz Navidad

feliz año nuevo

Cheers

solbjerg

solbjerg Your translation is wrong

1º I'm trying to program update , in the new version ,6.0.8.289, the error keeps

2º Another strange thing is that if you update offline program continues to display that is outdated

3º After 5 months of waiting for an answer, I wish in the new year that starts people from IOBIT stop blaming its users and seek a response. From Argentina, Merry Christmas and happy new year for all

• 2 weeks later...

Archived