IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC Ultimate Database updates not working with proxy [SOLVED]

Dalchina/Victor2K

Thank you for all your feedback and your efforts to resolve this issue. You have provided a lot of valuable information.

I am curious as to whether Iobit are giving you any feedback either via email or PM (Private Message), as they do not appear to be very active on this thread. I know that Cicely has responded on a few occasions, but you have provided a lot of information since, and I am surprised that there has been no response from Iobit lately, on the thread.

I would suggest that you email Iobit again directly, at support@iobit.com

and reference this thread in your email.

This date (DateTimeLast:30/12/1899) that showed up on Dalchina's log is indeed very weird, and should surely point Iobit towards a possible problem/solution.

Also, my thanks to CPhilly for the contributions.

Again thank you for your persistence, and I really hope a solution will be found soon.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Guys,

Sorry for my late reply.

For the update issue, first, please make sure that you have the latest Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6.0.8.289 and you can download it from http://www.majorgeeks.com/Advanced_SystemCare_Ultimate_d7927.html.

If you still have the update issue with the latest version, please download the test tool from http://wikisend.com/download/459940/GetInfo_Ultimate.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. Then you will get zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop. Please send it to us through our Online Support http://www.iobit.com/onlinefeedback.php , then we can get the detailed information to look into.

I really appreciate the response, but unfortunately those test that you request, I did with each new version of Ultimate, there would be no other solution more original and efficient

I think that with the amount of data that we have uploaded, IOBIT engineers could find any solution

Hear, hear, Victor2k.

I've submitted these- to receive no comment.

I've also tried uninstalling Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6.0.8.289 and installing ASC + AV 2013 (its predecessor, I believe). Got the same result.

I do note that trying to access (in a browser)

http://download.iobit.com/

(in update.ini in the application folder\update) => a 404 error.

Is that the same for you, CPhilly?

Re: 1899 and last check date - maybe this entry in LastCheck.ini

LastCheckDateTime=41292.7936364931

refers.

Are there any special dependencies we're missing.. some service for example?

Yes, CPhilly, tried running Autoupdate.exe as admin.

Oh, I have UAC off.... surely that couldn't make a difference?

Hi, Scannan, thanks, will submit again...

So, this time installed in Safe Mode. No difference. No surprise there.

Now, have a look at ASCInit.log.

How does this compare with yours?

- there are some service related failures.

And a mind-boggling 'Addingore cookies' - quite a recipe :grin:

- black pudding maybe? (see 'gore').

2013-01-18 19:57:54 040 Install Start

2013-01-18 19:57:54 165 FE:C:\ProgramData\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V6\AntivirusConfig.ini

2013-01-18 19:57:54 165 Enable Start

2013-01-18 19:57:55 522 enable

2013-01-18 19:57:55 522 Enable End

2013-01-18 19:57:55 522 SaveInstall

2013-01-18 19:57:57 379 InstallBrowserProtectPlug

2013-01-18 19:57:57 457 Add 2012

2013-01-18 19:57:57 457 RestoreToZero

2013-01-18 19:57:57 457 InstallDriver fin

2013-01-18 19:57:57 457 Delete services :ASCAntivirusSrv

2013-01-18 19:57:57 457 Delete services Open Service failed with code 1060

2013-01-18 19:57:58 284 Reg AV Services:Start service failed with code 1084

2013-01-18 19:57:58 315 InstallAntivirus

2013-01-18 19:57:58 330 CreateBoottimeFile

2013-01-18 19:57:58 377 TaskScheduleEnable

2013-01-18 19:57:59 110 EnableSR

2013-01-18 19:57:59 110 AddToStartMenu : Add

2013-01-18 19:58:08 127 AddToStartMenu : Add fin

2013-01-18 19:58:08 127 AddToStartMenu

2013-01-18 19:58:08 127 Delete services :AdvancedSystemCareService6

2013-01-18 19:58:08 127 Delete services Open Service failed with code 1060

2013-01-18 19:58:08 595 InstallServices

2013-01-18 19:58:09 126 AddIngoreCookies

2013-01-18 19:58:09 141 ReplaceDll

2013-01-18 19:58:09 297 RegisteRightMenu

===============================

My current hypothesis (= informed wild guess): it's a failure of the Certificate revocation check.

Why? Since I installed Win 7 a few months ago, I haven't been able to run Secunia PSI. Quite a few people have problems with v3 & v2. Looking at its log, I see certificate revocation check errors related to accessing its server. I'd seen these messages when browsing, the 'fudge'? around that is simply to disable the checks in Internet Options. Hmm.

My guess is this may be affecting ASC, although there's nothing specific in the log.

Victor2k, have you had any issues with 'certificate revocation'?

So I'm hoping there's a fix - even a Fixit, but it's a complex area. I suspect some registry damage- it seems a fairly common issue. If no fix, I'll try a window repair install on a cloned disk. A lengthy process...

I have the same version 6.0.8.289 on XP Pro 32bit and Windows 7 home 64bit that update Antivirus auto or manual with no problem but the version on Vista HomePremium 64bit will not update. I downloaded your test tool from http://wikisend.com/download/459940/...o_Ultimate.exe and have sent you the .zip file for any help please.

Ray

Update...After a restart of Vista HP 64BIT, I was able to manually activate the database update.

certificate Revokation

Hi All,

some time back, August, i posted in the malware/spyware removal section about being unable to update multiple av's and antispyware progs.

It did indeed turn out to be Certificate Revokations,(see my post 17) and i ended up reinstalling on both comps.(Overkill should just have deleted them all, thats the benefit of hindsight)

mine 32bit W7 HP,wifes 64bit W7 HP.

WHAT actually caused the problem in the first place ive no idea.

Roy

Note browser Firefox current revocation list is EMPTY

options>Advanced >Encription>revocationslist

I have the same version 6.0.8.289 on XP Pro 32bit and Windows 7 home 64bit that update Antivirus auto or manual with no problem but the version on Vista HomePremium 64bit will not update. I downloaded your test tool from http://wikisend.com/download/459940/...o_Ultimate.exe and have sent you the .zip file for any help please.

Ray

Update...After a restart of Vista HP 64BIT, I was able to manually activate the database update.

:?:Further update...From a cold boot, this morning, the auto update worked immediately but I was unable to launch the program! Have now done a full uninstall (that left most of the files and folders intact so deleted manually) and reinstalled the program. Will try the new install with fingers crossed:???:

Ray

Thanks scrd01.. Found your post here:

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=13720&highlight=update&page=2

A repair install (Windows setup launched from e.g. a full Windows disc in normal mode) does not fix this problem. It was also something I left to run overnight.. lengthy!

Suggestion to IOBIT: trap this error and log it/display an appropriate report to the user. It would be SO helpful.. and better than relying on a clue elsewhere.

Note: Avast updates ok.

And I do get certificate revocation error checks using a browser unless I disable them in Internet Options. Clearly that is only relevant for browsers- not for anything else using certificates independently.

Hmm, I know how long it took last time to do a reinstall.. and I used Laplink PCMover for about 95% of installed things. And that was recent. And using that could still import the problem..

So, Victor2k.. conclusion for now.. full Windows reinstall :evil: might fix it.

Problem

Message Socket Error # 10054 Connection reset by peer.

The description is:

Connection reset by peer.

An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. This normally results if the peer application on the remote host is suddenly stopped, the host is rebooted, the host or remote network interface is disabled, or the remote host uses a hard close (see setsockopt for more information on the SO_LINGER option on the remote socket). This error may also result if a connection was broken due to keep-alive activity detecting a failure while one or more operations are in progress

Solution ............:?::?::?::?::?:

Hi Victor2K/Dalchina

Good to see you are not giving up on this issue, and yes I agree that you have surely supplied enough info/feedback for Iobit to be able to come up with something,,,but they are once again missing from the discussion.

On a logical note based on victor2k's last post, I wonder if it is an issue with your ISP server refusing to accept the connect to the download server for some reason. Maybe it is blocked due to content and or malware risk. I am saying this because most of the other users do not have this issue with the update server, so it must be something local to you. Just an idea.

I would again recommend that you also send the feedback/info directly to Iobit at support@iobit.com.

Scannan

Thanks for the concern but I remember something I send you to IOBIT 6 months a claim (when was released, beta) and they never answered

I know several users, Windows 64 bit, under proxy with the same problem, it is more proof I do it in 25 PCs with 64-bit and all have the same error

That is very unusual for Iobit. They are usually very good at replying to users, especially when you send the request directly to support@iobit.com.

Hopefully, they will read this and respond to you. If they do let us know.

You have done a lot of work on this, and I do remember quite a few people with 64 bit machines, having problems.

Again thank you for all your feedback.

Scannan

Thanks for the concern but I remember something I send you to IOBIT 6 months a claim (when was released, beta) and they never answered

I know several users, Windows 64 bit, under proxy with the same problem, it is more proof I do it in 25 PCs with 64-bit and all have the same error

If you are indeed running a proxy server, have you actually done a packet capture to watch the traffic when attempting to update? If your network has a firewall also, have you attempted to watch the traffic. I think I missed where you were running in a networked environment as that would put a totally different spin on your blocked/allowed activity. The fact that you have additional hardware device(s) that can sniff the traffic puts you in a better position to find the issue than most home users.

Do you have group policy in effect? Network policies play a huge part in what is allowed from a client system that is not grabbing from a parent vs going out to directly retrieve updates.

Do you allow CRL updates from the clients or are you solely dependent upon a local server to do the CRL updates for you? If so, is that server allowed and have you checked the logs to see if the server is attempting to retrieve a new certificate?

Do you implement cookie blocks and blacklists on your domain?

Does your network block all connections to revoked certificates? From a security standpoint - on a network I would suspect that is the case. blocking access to sites with a revoked or certificate that does not match the URL is usually set.

Having a network in play poses a multitude of other items that could be blocking the antivirus updates (network hardware, security policies, local policies, HIDS, NIDS, etc). In Victor2K's case I am starting to think his issue is not just a 64bit problem. This however is not to take away from the home users of 64bit that are still experiencing update issues.

I am still not having issues with my updates since my original post (picture posted). I did not reinstall windows and would never reinstall my operating system because one program decided to stop working. Victor2K, if you are paying for this service then it is time to file a complaint. I am using the free version so I tend to attempt to find solutions on my own since freeware is a blessing :) I hope that IOBit steps up and helps out.

Hi Victor2k,

We have checked our Email support@iobit.com again and there is no Email from you. To all of you who have update issue in the latest Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6.0.8.289 (You can download it from http://www.majorgeeks.com/Advanced_S...ate_d7927.html). Please send a private message to support@iobit.com and we will resolve the issue as soon as possible.

Cicely to support email was sent when was released the first beta version of the program, since that time, is that the updates do not work and was when I started with the topics in the Forum

Also if it were the case that the email has been lost, left the post uploaded to the Forum with an innumerable amount of data and the promise that the engineers of IObit would revised the error. Needless to say that the "solution" of downloading the program from majorgeeks already seems a formality, not a solution

CPhilly

1) Do not use firewall, the error indicated is IOBIT, not my connection server

2) Along with the new version of AWC is your toolbox, is the only program that use that you do not upgrade, and the probe in more than 50 computers with W7 64 bit

For both, as you will see in this topic, the connection with IOBIT problems seem to be common

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=14958

The first capture is the data that I enter in the configuration of the AWC ultimate, this only the number port 1280 (the proxy address does not show, as a matter of security)

According to these data, Indian you to the Updater, it communicates by port 1280

Well, in the second screenshot is now clearly by where you want to communicate the Updater, port 80, so it never is connected

My conclucion, is that the error of the program, in which never solves well behind a proxy connection, if anyone has another conclusion or solution, is welcome

Needless to say, the other program it testee, if they correctly resolve the communication port

copy email send to suport iobit

pdta) do 3 hours passed from the time send it the email, the truth not be if I get them, not even a reply automatically, which send them 6 months ago nor them arrived there not?

Hi, thought I'd just note that the update works on a new install of Windows 7 (same laptop, same router, ISP) just a different hard drive.

I was using no proxy, no group policy settings. Nothing that I'm aware of that should affect certificates. And it's clearly not a network issue for me.

Similarly Windows 8 compatability checker (not that I plan to run W8!) failed (after its quite lengthy check) to connect to the internet, but worked on my new install.

Victor2k, you could just try that out of curiosity.. in other words, is there anything else you can find (like Secunia PSI, which also didn't work for me) that seems to have problems connecting? Of course, your issue might well be different.

There are many unsolved reports of certificate revocation check issues, and some with simple solutions like the system date and time was wrong.

Meanwhile, IOBIT has never responded on my reports to support@iobit.com.

Cphilly- by the way, I quite agree about not reinstalling for the sake of 1 or 2 minor issues. But I've reluctantly become convinced that the security risk even to normal browsing of not being able to enforce certificate revocation checks and the way this affects several programs, plus an inability to find a solution that works for me, makes it an ongoing issue that won't go away.

So, with regret, a clean build.

Cphilly- by the way, I quite agree about not reinstalling for the sake of 1 or 2 minor issues. But I've reluctantly become convinced that the security risk even to normal browsing of not being able to enforce certificate revocation checks and the way this affects several programs, plus an inability to find a solution that works for me, makes it an ongoing issue that won't go away.

So, with regret, a clean build.

Dalchina - You do not come off like a normal user :) That is a good thing! Most security conscious (home) users do a clean build every 6 months anyway and continuously look for better products along the way. I've been in the IT field for 12 years. So because of the environment that I work in, it's habit of mine to find the problem and try to fix it. With that being said, I hate doing rebuilds and that's why I usually don't on my home system. I'm not a fan of Windows 8 nor Windows 7 but I have no choice with Win7 (work). My next build will be 64bit solely to take advantage of all of my memory (i'm behind the times lol).

The certificate revocation issue is definitely not minor in my eyes. However, there are ways to enforce checks via local policies/settings on the system if a user is willing. I just started using ASC a month ago and prior to that, the tools I was using accompanied by certain browser extensions have done wonders for me the past few years. I solely switched to ASC for convenience of everything being in one spot and the app is pretty good when it's working.

Friends of the Forum, not go into philosophical discussions, an antivirus that does not update, loses effectiveness as a tool

Try everything, and so far, nothing works, it is very serious that after 6 months do not have an answer

I never got a response over these months, that Ultimate uses the bitdefender definisiones only for 32 bit, for example

The problem is not in our systems

Email sent to support, yet n I have answer, find me very strange, since it is the theme most read and commented in this forum

CPhilly: From an experienced IT pro I guess that's quite a compliment :grin: and I guess actually doing differential imaging periodically does make me a member of a minority club. (That said, relevant images don't go back far enough to deal with the certificate revocation problem, so maybe my backup plan needs improvement).

Years ago I decided to try to make sure I had enough tools to fix most common issues so I wouldn't have to rely too much on others- like you I like fixing things, whether it be windows (wooden type) or Windows (Bill Gates type). And my background- from pre-PC- (ever seen a REAL 8" floppy disk?) was with real time software and electronics.

So this has taught me a little about another area..

And no, I have no intention to venture into the muddy world of Win8, but (while I was happy with Vista (what? :shock:), Win 7 adds some neat useful things. If only MS would separate user from OS completely... we probably wouldn't be having this discussion.. :wink: and the user-related load on IT somewhat reduced.

I would still love to know how to fix the certificate revocation check failure issue.. in case it happens again. I've tried various ways suggested elsewhere. But now I've learnt my lesson.. and will try system restore/image restore if it happens again.

Back on topic.. Victor2k, I'm a little concerned that you're set on proving it's not your PC that's at fault. Have you actually tried a direct connection from your PC- no proxy/proxy server/external firewall etc? Simplify the configuration.. eliminate what you can. The problem is in what's left.

It might help if you can confirm that you have NEVER had any certificate revocation check problems or issues with other apps that might be related Nor, I think, have you posted part of a log file as I've suggested.

Best of luck..

Archived