IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6 Trial Problem

I tried the free trial of Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6 on my Windows 8 laptop and it turned off Windows Defender. The trial period is up and I want to go back to Advanced SystemCare 6 Free.

The problem is now I can't get Windows Defender turned back on. I have tried several times. I uninstalled Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6 and reinstalled the free and it did not help. I then uninstalled the free ASC program and tried to turn Windows Defender on and it won't turn on.

I did not have a problem with ASC 6 Free and Windows Defender before I tried the Pro. What is the fix for Windows Defender?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Edit: Changed to Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6

Hi zztop87

Welcome to the forum. It is possible that Windows Defender has been disabled in Services. So go to Services and make sure that Windows Defender startup type is selected as Automatic. You can find Services in

Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Component Services/Local Services

Also, check your Registry Fix settings in ASCU and ensure that Deep Clean is NOT enabled. It is unnecessary and can cause problems for inexperienced users.

Windows Defender

Thanks for your reply.

In Serviced when I click on Start for Windows Defender I get a Message saying "Windows Defender Services on local computer started then stopped. Some Services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

I turned off the Panda Antivirus before I tried this. I had installed Panda to use while I try to fix Windows Defender after uninstalling ASCU. Since ASCU is uninstalled I can't check it to see if my Registry Fix settings in ASCU and ensure that Deep Clean is NOT enabled.

I did reinstall ASC6 free after uninstalling Ultimate. That was when I had tried to start Defender and found it won't start.

What should I do next?

W8 and ANY AV

Hi Zztop,

In W8 windows defender is an antivirus/antimalware product.

The installation of any AV will turn off this service.

therefor any and all AV folders/registry entries need to be removed for this programme to become live. ie Panda

Roy

see sticky 4 in this forum

Hi zztop

Please check the services and turn on Windows Defender, set it to automatic and started.

Most probably that is the culprit I think.

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks Roy for the reply but unfortunately uninstalling Panda did not fix problem with Windows Defender. It still won't turn on. :cry:

Hi zztop

OK - did you make sure that Panda was totally uninstalled with no leftovers? Not even in the registry?

A restart of the computer may be a good thing to throw in :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Are you talking about the same thing Scannan recommended above? If so I did that and it did not turn it on.

Uninstall Panda

I used iobit uninstaller to remove Panda. After uninstalling ASCU I reinstalled ASC 6 Free It worked with WD before I tried ASCU. So I ran that and ran CCleaner then restarted laptop.

Then I tried to start Windows Defender several times. I went to services and tried to start it there too. It won't start.

Is there a way to uninstall WD and reinstall it correctly? It does not show up in Uninstall Programs in the control Panel but it shows under Programs and there is the desktop icon. I searched on Windows site and found no download or info of how to uninstall or reinstall for Windows 8.

I am working from this laptop so I have to temporarily install free virus protection.

Thanks for all replies.

Thanks

Thanks Roy. I read it but not sure I am comfortable with doing it that way. Was hoping Windows would have a uninstall and reinstall link for win8. Also it would of been nice if Obit had warned that you would not be able to restart WD if you used ASCU. I would not of tried it if I had known. Lesson learned.

Hi zztop87,

Thanks for your feedbacks and all others' warmhearted help.:-D

As scrd01 mentioned that Windows defender is an antivirus software in W8. The installation of any other AV will turn off its service and then you can not turn on it. To get it back, please make sure that you remove all other leftovers of other anti-virus software completely.

And you can refer to wozofoz's methods to make sure that the Panda Anti-virus has been uninstalled completely.

Millions of thanks for everyone.:wink:

New Problem

I have removed Panda Anti Virus program.

After following everyone's tips and problem is not fixed I tried a System Restore. Now when I try to turn on Windows Defender a system32 box comes up.:cry:

By the way operating system is Windows 8, 64bit.

windows defender

Hi ZZ,

the only other thing i can suggest is the MS fix-it page, not sure how well developed it is for W8 thou...

Actually MS were a little bit cunning in not renaming WD, or advising that it had changed for W8.

Roy

Fix It

Thanks Roy. I did go look at Microsoft Fix It and I could be wrong but don't think it works on Windows 8. I did not find any fixes for Windows Defender Windows 8 on the Microsoft site. But I will keep searching.

Archived